Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Camaro Hoods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro Hoods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did my normal saerch before i posted this but can everyone post pics or links to any 4th gen camaro hood that is out there besides the SS. i have seen a few diff ones but i know there is a big selection. im looking for somewhat of a wider sunoco hood, if that makes sense. i know its out there but i would like to see everything else. thinkin about chaging the looks of my z28

anyways any help would be great
thanks in advance
Old 11-22-2010, 01:52 AM
TECH Veteran

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...n-gallery.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ket-hoods.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ctor-hood.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...aro-hoods.html

Last edited by Ls1CamaroGuy87; 11-22-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:57 AM
Teching In

Look into Harwoods hoods. It's a wide cowl hood
Old 11-22-2010, 02:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

www.VFNfiberglass.com

they offer a wide sunoco hood, pretty much the same thing as the regular one, but 4" and a little wider

or ^as mentioned, Harwood makes a wide 2" cowl
Old 11-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I went threw vfn to get my 3 inch ss hood,they make good stuff,you will play the waiting game going threw them imo its worth it,I didn't like the 3 inch ss hood till we put the drag setup on,I wish I woulda went with a sunoco style hood just in case I ever wanna go back to a street set up,but as of right now it looks killer on there,I didn't even wanna change my hood but I got offered 850 for my ss hood,we put the hood on straight outta the box and the fit was great,I wish I could figure out how to post pics from my droid on here so I can show you how well it lined up,the only gap on the driver side is because the driver front fender needs an adjustment,also the hood was very light,and straight,if ya go threw vfn you'll wait like 4 to 6 weeks,but you'll be happy there customer support is great,just if you do order start calling in like 2 weeks to check on the progress and get updates I called like 5 times just so they got it done in the time frame they told me I only waited 4 weeks for mine,and a few days for shipping,good luck man,keep us updated on what ya go with,just don't but any ebay hoods its worth it to pay a lil more ,your body guy will thank ya,take care and God bless
Old 11-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

thanks everyone for the help. i found the one i was looking for, so far i am debating in between the sunoco hood and the harwood 3inch cowl. what i am looking for is exactly like the green z28 on this link https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...aro-hoods.html , the only thing that bothers me a bit is that it looks a lil boxy towards the back of the cowl, i cant find one similar thats smooth all around, god damn hoods, theres too many of them

Last edited by ls1_bean; 11-26-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1_bean
thanks everyone for the help. i found the one i was looking for, so far i am debating in between the sunoco hood and the harwood 3inch cowl. correct me if im wrong but i also heard there was an actual wide sunoco? if so has anyone seen one? only thing that bothers me a bit is that the 3inch harwood looks kind of boxy towards the back of the cowl which is what i am trying to avoid. god damn hoods there so many of them
haha i know what you mean , im pretty much set on getting the sunoco hood after this winter because no one around here has it, its all ss clones and i seen a ultra z for the first time a week ago. so i wanna be one of a kinda in my area
Old 11-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

lol **** i want one so bad, im honestly prob gonna get the horwood one, i want to see more pics of it tho
Old 11-27-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would get the hardwood if they actually looked like the pic below all rounded but its actually pointy with sharp lines looks better on lt1 camaros i think. i wish they make a sunoco that was a lil lower and wider , the wider one scoops up way too high for me

Old 11-27-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was set on the harwood 2.5 hood. It is the same hood on the TSP H/C record car. I loved that hood. That is until i seen a silver camaro with the sunoco w/center line.. it definitely changed my mind instantly. I liked the sunoco without the line. but the sunoco with the center line looks so ****** sick!!

Quick Reply: Camaro Hoods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!