Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Harwood and/or A good aftermarket ws6 Hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harwood and/or A good aftermarket ws6 Hood

Hey Everyone! I have a very new acct With ls1 tech even tho i've been reading your threads for years!. I have a 99 trams am (with the stock flat hood) and desprately want an aftermarket ram air hood! In jegs there is a harwood ws6 hood. Does anyone know anything about it or have pictures??
Old 03-25-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my VFN hood, but I have the 4" bolt on WS6 hood. Soon to come from them is the WSQ hood (search it on here for pics!) and they also have the WS9 and WS6 hoods. www.vfnfiberglass.com Don't forget to ask for LS1Tech member discount! Free advertisement for you guys at vfn! So far I love my hood. I'm doing some custom work on it just for kicks. I recommend their light-weight hood struts too.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't have any experience with that hood but welcome to tech
Old 03-26-2011, 06:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My buddy ordered a Harwood hood a few years back. It was an absoulute circus. All around the edges was a "lip" where it looks like it was just pulled from the mold, the ram air nostrils were not cut open and it didn't even come with vents for the nostrils once you cut them open yourself. It took A LOT of prep work to paint and adjusting and it still never fit perfect. Things may have changed, but my advice is to spend the extra coin and get a GOOD hood that will require minimal prep to paint. VFN is definitely a quality hood to look into.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Teching In

I hear alot about vfn & saw their new WSQ hood. Personally I just think its alittle much for my taste, Alittle O.D with the vents & all But it is a lovely Designed hood!. / I also saw their ws6 & 9 Hoods, I just want a Normal ws6 hood... / The only two things that I didnt Like about VFN is that when I called them to do research, 1: They do not accept payments online only over phone), 2: They told me that it would take 5weeks to make my hood (harwood ships the next day) 3: If your not doing a local pick-up they tack another $80(or something like that) onto the price not including the delivery. But I did love how their hood comes with open ram air and vents! I noticed that Harwood does not, you have to cut them out. But is it true VFN offers a Ls1 Tech discount??? if so how much?
Old 03-26-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I forget the % of the discount. They do make the hoods to order, but it's not like you don't have a hood already. If I remember right I thought it was $60 for packaging and my shipping came to $90 paid at the freight hub I picked it up at. Customer service has always been good with them too. The grills that ship with it are good too, no complaints from me! You'll need to drill the holes for em and get screws. The hood required little block sanding before priming but it wasn't bad by any means. Go with VFN. The wait will definitely be worth it.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Thanks Man! I will see how much this discount is and go from there!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 03-26-2011, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

10% discount, and there might be a group purchase some time in april, which is a 25% discount, so just keep an eye out

Quick Reply: Harwood and/or A good aftermarket ws6 Hood