Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

6LE front bumper with dual exhaust valance..Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb 6LE front bumper with dual exhaust valance..Need help!

Ok I think I have made up my mind. I really want 6LE dick harrel bumper. And I think the rear Dual exhaust valence would flow perfectly with it. Can someone possibly photoshop it for me? I am sure it isn't an easy photoshop but I would really appreciate it. I am ready to buy just want some rough ideas. Here is my car incase someone feels like photoshopping for me.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by UnVMySS; 02-21-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

And if 6LE or Mcnord could chime in, what is the wait time for these pieces, and is there a way to combine shipping. 200 to ship a bumper is a lot of money but if we could combine shipping too that would be great! Thanks.

And I am wondering if no one could chop it, could you at least post up all pics you could of any cars with this bumper? I don't want the front to look too low and then have the sides of my car look like they're missing something. I don't have the body kit anymore so i don't want it to look like it is missing something.

Also, will my SLP grill fit the new bumper?

Last edited by UnVMySS; 02-20-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

NObody has installed either of these parts? Trying to keeP this thread up top too.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

OT here, but what kinda wheels are those and what sizes?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

C5 deep dish...
Fronts are 17x9.5 with 265/40 continental extreme contacts
Rears are 18x10.5 with 295/35 continental extreme contacts
Old 02-21-2012, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

There are a few pics on here.... just look around in the 6LE threads. And as far as i know, we're all out of (or close to it) dual dual rear valances. There's a front bumper for sale in the western section right now for a killer price.... and it's new!

**EDIT found the link**

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-c...umper-new.html
Old 02-21-2012, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks. Im gonna pick that uP! Good deal. Im trying to find pics of it that arent on mcnords car cuz I dont want it to look like ricers cars when they have an aftermarket front ground effects or bumper and no side skirts and it looks retarted... Somer you got pics? All I can find is on a black car and its really dark and hard to tell if it looks good without side skirts.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

I Basically don't want it to look weird like this...with low front bumper and nothing else.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

You going to do the back end like the picture on 6LE's website?
Old 02-21-2012, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

I am thinking the dual exhaust valence... Goddamn searching for hours and can't find any decent pics... Losing hope.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The height on the bottom is actually the same as stock + the thickness of a splitter. From the side profile the nose will not sit any lower than the rocker along the side. Its clearance on driveways is also just as good as stock I have heard, my car is a bad example of that though... Here are all the pics I was able to dig up.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still dont understand why you guys designed the bumper to flare out at the bottom...I mean it fits your ride perfect McNord but on cars that do not have the side skirts it looks like a poor fitting aftermarket bumper.
I am in love with your bumpers and would have the rear one with the built in CME Valance BUT again it looks weird flared out.

Sorry just my opinion and OP again your car looks awesome man good luck with your plans I do however think some kind of side skirt is needed with McNords bumpers.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks mcnord. I had seen the black one before and it was just too dark to tell. 6LE's car looks better with it since I can actually see it... Man it almost does look like it NEEDS side skirts for it to really flow correctly, and I just took all mine off! LoL!!! Wish someone had a true side shot. All of those pics, even the unfitted pewter car, look like they are lower in front. Hmm... Again, thanks for the pics! That gives me some real insight! Hopefully someone has true side profile shots.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IMO it needs skirts on the side. I have it, my car is the one with the white hood. Just waiting for Mark and Brian to finish a design for the side skirts. Haven't decided what I am gonna do on the rear yet, prob just go with the new bumper they designed.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Man honestly after seeing the pics, I will probably pass... It only looks right with the ground Effects and I am NOT putting them back on lol...just sold them. It does look really good on a car with side skirts though. Thanks everyone for real world input.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Launching!

mines the pewter one up top and yes a slp grill does fit in it cause thats what im using. imo i dont think it looks to bad with out the side skirts but everyones different. iv only kinda mocked mine up cause its still not going on til next month after my motor goes in but im still going to go with side skirts when there available. if there coming out with a new design i might sell mine and hold off. ill also try and get some more mach up pics.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CO99Z28Vert
I still dont understand why you guys designed the bumper to flare out at the bottom...I mean it fits your ride perfect McNord but on cars that do not have the side skirts it looks like a poor fitting aftermarket bumper.
I am in love with your bumpers and would have the rear one with the built in CME Valance BUT again it looks weird flared out.

Sorry just my opinion and OP again your car looks awesome man good luck with your plans I do however think some kind of side skirt is needed with McNords bumpers.
Flared to reduce rolling resistance. It is absolutely retarded that GM designed our stock bumpers to tuck in before the tires ...

They do look better with side skirts but it really is an optical illusion. The bumpers we make our literally only 1/4" lower than stock. Stock rolls under though and with a lip it is obviously not rolled under. That roll (especially seen on the rocker panels) makes the car look higher that it is. It draws your eye to the top of the roll (bottom of the door) as opposed to the bottom of the roll (true bottom of the car) so the bumper looks like it is lower than the side of the car when it actually isn't.

So, reality is the bumper is NOT lower than the side but the optical illusion makes it look that way so GFX do make it look better...
Old 02-22-2012, 07:36 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for further clarification 6LE! Much appreciated. What are the skirts people are talking about that "you're making"? It would be cool if it was less of a skirt and more of a rocker panel flare but I don't know... I agree with you about GM and the bumper... But I think this would look better, like most, with skirts at this point. Sigh, when are you guys just going to sell Mcnords car and move on? Haha I will be first in line. IMO he has the coolest fbody I have eVer seen.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If they still have those duel exhaust valances get one! Trust me makes a world of difference to the way the car looks.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are these bumpers made of? and is the part people are complaining about "rolled under" or just a flat piece of material hanging down? If flat, it should be pretty easy to "fix" before getting painted. Even if the material rolls under you could cut a little triangle section out and suck it in a bit.

Quick Reply: 6LE front bumper with dual exhaust valance..Need help!