Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best place to buy new headliner and Carpet for 97 Trans AM

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to buy new headliner and Carpet for 97 Trans AM

Hey everyone, I have a 1997 Pontiac Trans AM that i'm restoring. The carpet in it, the headliner, the dash, and half the panels in the car are trashed. I am looking for the most affordable place to get factory color replacement parts. Right now i'm looking for the best place to get new tan carpet and a tan headliner. I also would like to know the best place to buy replacement sun visors, rear view mirror, tan leather seats, dashboard, and a center console. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Thats gonna get expensive quick but the good thing is that your looking for tan,it shouldnt be hard to find tan panels since everyone seems to be swapping to black.so id check ebay and the classifieds.as for carpet and headliner id go to hawksthirdgen,but then again if you decide to do the headliner yourself itll save you a good bit
Old 08-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bderlan
if you decide to do the headliner yourself itll save you a good bit
anyone know where to get material for wrapping a headliner? Or if there is a write-up for wrapping a headliner?
Old 08-06-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There was a company selling headliner replacements that were ABS backed. I had to use a heat gun to smooth it out but it worked well.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really wish 6LE would start producing minor interior parts like ttop shades, headliners, sun visors, etc. I think they would get a decent amount of business.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBirdie
anyone know where to get material for wrapping a headliner? Or if there is a write-up for wrapping a headliner?
I bought the headliner material at JoAnn fabrics. I dont know about the tan but they had the ebony & light gray, it looks exactly the same. If you use the store coupons a roll was about $25, then the qt can of contact cement was $10. He used a paint gun to apply the contact cement so if you dont have one you can buy the glue in aerosol cans. A guy in our bodyshop helped me do mine, have to peel & scrape the old headliner material first but it wasnt that hard really & a lot cheaper than the $275 that the local upholestry shop quoted me.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
I bought the headliner material at JoAnn fabrics. I dont know about the tan but they had the ebony & light gray, it looks exactly the same. If you use the store coupons a roll was about $25, then the qt can of contact cement was $10. He used a paint gun to apply the contact cement so if you dont have one you can buy the glue in aerosol cans. A guy in our bodyshop helped me do mine, have to peel & scrape the old headliner material first but it wasnt that hard really & a lot cheaper than the $275 that the local upholestry shop quoted me.
thanks for the response, i have the gray/charcoal interior and im debating wrapping my headliner and door panel inserts in black suede. im just hesitant to try it because i dont want it to look like **** if i screw up.
Do you know if JoAnn fabrics has black suede?

so its just remove the headliner, scrape off the old material, apply adheasive to both surfaces and wait till tacky, stick em together and work out the wrinkles, reinstall?
Old 08-20-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
x2....JoAnn fabrics

Quick Reply: Best place to buy new headliner and Carpet for 97 Trans AM