Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

thanks UPS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thanks UPS!!!

bought an ss spoiler last week, had it shipped here and guess what they messed it up.... both front corners were broken... hopefully they step up and handle their ****..

still looks good, just sat it on to see what looked like... i like it

Old 08-16-2012, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't count on UPS doing the right thing. There is a post in the Wheels/Tires section on here where UPS just delivered a guy some new wheels and one of the wheels was bent (likely done during the shipping process). It's scarry to think of all the money we spend on parts, just to have UPS **** it all up. Either way, good luck.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks, i took plenty of pics of box and everything, he put insurance on it... i should have went and picked it up, was 3 hours away but it would have made it here in one piece

just got back from a body shop here in town... said about $500 to fix this...damn it..
Old 08-16-2012, 02:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope they cover it....they could easily say that was improperly packaged :/

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats what im afraid of...
Old 08-16-2012, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont blame ups for the sellers mistake (lack of shipping materials), ups is by far the best shipping package company imo, usps and fedex have both lost numerous of my packages in the mail.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

I work at a Vets Home, and sadly enough, we get broken head stones from UPS all the time. UPS not even giving a damn for the dead or there familys. It's pretty messed up, were putting a stop to that ASAP!

Good luck bro!!!

Originally Posted by __Z__
Dont blame ups for the sellers mistake (lack of shipping materials), ups is by far the best shipping package company imo, usps and fedex have both lost numerous of my packages in the mail.
We never had issues with broken head stones until UPS started delivering!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

500 to fix?!! My wife ran over a median breaking the sideskirt in half. The body shop repaired it good as new in 2 days for 300 bucks.. Go to a differant shop.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

UPS sucks. I have had so many issue with UPS. I hope they make it right for you.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZeeSNuttS
We never had issues with broken head stones until UPS started delivering!
United
Package
Smashers
Old 08-16-2012, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
United
Package
Smashers
LOL, good one.

They should change there name to UMB, U Mad Bro? Lmaooo
Old 08-16-2012, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by baalic
500 to fix?!! My wife ran over a median breaking the sideskirt in half. The body shop repaired it good as new in 2 days for 300 bucks.. Go to a differant shop.
i agree. i had my SS spoiler painted and one corner fixed for less than 300
Old 08-16-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You have to understand, unless your package is shipped next day air, it is in a semi FULL of packages being delivered to other people. We don't know what's in the boxes for ***** sakes. They get loaded into a semi, unloaded from the semi, then loaded into the individual package cars. **** happens. 90% of the time its the person who packages that causes the broken item or whatever. For example - Fragile glass going through the center with no bubble wrap or anything around the glass, stuff like that. Sure I'd be a little pissed too, but don't be so quick to blame us - the people working for the company. We sweat our asses off getting your stuff to you, sorry for you flawed items, but we work really fast paced and sometimes that's how it is. I've ordered many items through UPS, FedEx, and USPS and have never had a problem with a bad item, but have heard horry stories from every company, so it's not just UPS.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when i get smashed boxes and **** that looks like its been thrown around constantly, yes i blame ups. they deliver like trash. matter of fact they all do. no one gives a damn about anyones package. you shouldnt have to pack thing as if they are being thrown and caught and 900lbs stacked on top of a 10 lb box. i highly doubt people packaging the items used crushed boxes with the tips poking out.

some can be linked to the shipper but the shipper also needs to know its not his item anymore so pack like its your baby being dropped from a 2nd story window and know everyone delivers like ****.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 00FlowCamaro
You have to understand, unless your package is shipped next day air, it is in a semi FULL of packages being delivered to other people. We don't know what's in the boxes for ***** sakes. They get loaded into a semi, unloaded from the semi, then loaded into the individual package cars. **** happens. 90% of the time its the person who packages that causes the broken item or whatever. For example - Fragile glass going through the center with no bubble wrap or anything around the glass, stuff like that. Sure I'd be a little pissed too, but don't be so quick to blame us - the people working for the company. We sweat our asses off getting your stuff to you, sorry for you flawed items, but we work really fast paced and sometimes that's how it is. I've ordered many items through UPS, FedEx, and USPS and have never had a problem with a bad item, but have heard horry stories from every company, so it's not just UPS.

Why so serious!?

On that note, we pay ups to get us our **** in one piece not 5..... If ylu cant handle that, then your company sucks, pure and simple... If it came to my house damaged your company would pay flr it and I would refuse delivery of a damaged item.

Thats pure incompetence imo. Or do you need someone to repost the video if the fedex guy throwing lcd tv's over a fence? Sure that was fed ex but as a shipping company if you damage it, you bought it. Pure and simple.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it is unacceptable how it arrived.. i wish i was awake when the guy dropped it off...i think it is 100% ups's fault it was wrapped in bubble wrap, then surrounded in cardboard and then put into box... it looked like it had been thrown down and drug across the ground... since we had it insured they better cover it...i had a tailgate shipped a couple years ago with dhl and it was totally junk.. looked like they threw it off the truck and jumped off onto it... and i didnt get **** for it , but shipper never insured it either... isnt that the reason we insure items so if they are damaged they get compensated for it or just another way to scam u out of more money?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 00FlowCamaro
I haven't had a lot of stuff get damaged in transit, but in my experience the UPS gorillas have been less tame than the FedEx gorillas

I still wonder though when I got a new fender for my old car and there was a head-sized hole through the whole box. Anger management much? Good thing the hole was through the wheel well area so no damage done to the part
Old 08-16-2012, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

i hate ups, i do blame the employees, they dont give a ****

heres a few more,

Old 08-16-2012, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't put it on the car!!!

They won't cover it if it was put on the car, I learned that the hard way!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice vids... i just sat it on the car, had my old one off since monday waiting on it to arrive.. shipper said they might want to come look at the box.. lol...

Quick Reply: thanks UPS!!!