Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

99-02 odo, swapped OEM smd leds with white smd leds, +converting odo to OLED screen

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wink

Originally Posted by gm02ceta
I got mine a few weeks ago but have yet to attempt to install it. I may need a little assistance on this because the online instructions aren't clear enough for me.
No problem, let me know how I can help.
Sorry for my late responses, I'm in Spain until the end of the week with limited computer access...

But the next batch of displays has arrived, so the next ones up will receive their toys soon!
Old 05-25-2016, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I can also assist with the install when Oliver is unavailable. Pm for cell if needed.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fieroluke
No problem, let me know how I can help.
Sorry for my late responses, I'm in Spain until the end of the week with limited computer access...

But the next batch of displays has arrived, so the next ones up will receive their toys soon!
Thanks guys for the assistance but it's gonna be a few weeks before I get a chance to install it.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:56 AM
Launching!

Hello everyone

I haven't updated in a while, so here's what's been going on since coming back from vacation last week:

- The new shipment of OLED displays has arrived! Yay! Since I have four boards ready just waiting for OLEDs and enclosures, it'll soon be time to ship packages again!
- I'm waiting to hear from the maker of the enclosures to be able to offer machined covers for the enclosure instead of 3D-printed ones. As soon as the covers arrive I can serve the next 2-4 of you on the waiting list (BTW, thanks for your patience!)

also:

- I have designed LED backlight boards to illuminate the cluster with LEDs. If everything works as planned the DashComputer hardware will be able to control the beautiful new multicolor cluster!
- I have found a supplier for inexpensive, yet OEM-quality faces. I got samples and the quality is outstanding! Derek is working hard on his design and have it made as soon as he is ready. I'm sure he will post pictures ;-) I've sent Derek a video, maybe he can post it
- New circuit boards have arrived, so I can begin work on a small adapter board this weekend to use the C6/Monte Carlo/Cobalt/etc. steering wheel with the F-body column while keeping operational steering wheel radio & cruise buttons and even operate DashComputer from the wheel's "Info" and "Enter" buttons. I'm personally looking forward to this one.

Phew. Can't wait for the weekend to get some work done!
Old 06-09-2016, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like a lot going on, and a lot of fun.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Hellz Yeah
Old 06-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Cool

also:

- I have designed LED backlight boards to illuminate the cluster with LEDs. If everything works as planned the DashComputer hardware will be able to control the beautiful new multicolor cluster!
- I have found a supplier for inexpensive, yet OEM-quality faces. I got samples and the quality is outstanding! Derek is working hard on his design and have it made as soon as he is ready. I'm sure he will post pictures ;-) I've sent Derek a video, maybe he can post it
- New circuit boards have arrived, so I can begin work on a small adapter board this weekend to use the C6/Monte Carlo/Cobalt/etc. steering wheel with the F-body column while keeping operational steering wheel radio & cruise buttons and even operate DashComputer from the wheel's "Info" and "Enter" buttons. I'm personally looking forward to this one.

Phew. Can't wait for the weekend to get some work done!
Awesome stuff, looking very much forward to it!
Old 06-13-2016, 03:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome! May I ask what number kit you're on now? Just curious to compare to my place in line.

Can't wait to see the new stuff you've come up with!
Old 06-13-2016, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

....the complete gauge clusters will be done soon. I dont want to elaborate much on that yet until theyre complete.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys I have a question its been a wile since I checked LS1 tech, I move to a new pc and I cant find the facebook page where we registerd to be on the Order line.. I know it was somefing about fiero and germany but if someone cand PM me so I can know my place in line, that would be great.

thanks!
Old 06-17-2016, 06:36 AM
Launching!

Finally some good news!

The quotation for the milled enclosures came in, and I ordered them right away. They quoted me a delivery time of 2-3 weeks, but I asked them to speed up the delivery, so hopefully they'll be here sooner! As soon as they show up I'll be able to deliver the next 2 units, and 2 more within a couple of days!

Best regards
Oliver
Old 06-30-2016, 06:01 AM
Launching!

Default Enclosures and more...

Finally some good news!

The quotation for the milled enclosures came in, and I ordered them right away. They quoted me a delivery time of 2-3 weeks, but I asked them to speed up the delivery, so hopefully they'll be here sooner! As soon as they show up I'll be able to deliver the next 2 units, and 2 more within a couple of days!

Best regards
Oliver
They finally confirmed the delivery date, CW28, so the enclosures should show up here between 7/11 and 7/15...!

But I haven't been lazy ;-) I have finished the software for the steering wheel unit (pending testing tonight) and also finished the first revision of the circuit board. It's now barely larger than the connector in the steering wheel. So the hardware development for the steering wheel is thereby finished! And so is the software development, unless I find a bug.

When the next units have been sold I need to order more parts, and I'll order the connector for the F-body clockspring then, so I'll be able to take a picture of what the adapter inside the steering wheel will look like (well, sort of, because the new layout will even be a little bit smaller!).

I have also implementd a master test software on a circuit board that I had left from another project, which is why I couldn't test the communication without a partner. Cross your fingers that it works.

Next up will be the development of a breakout board that simulates a cruise control stalk from the steering wheel signals and outputs the menu/enter keys to the DashComputer. With this, things will be coming together!
Old 07-01-2016, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

Good news, thanks for the updates!
Old 07-04-2016, 03:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

They finally confirmed the delivery date, CW28, so the enclosures should show up here between 7/11 and 7/15...!

But I haven't been lazy ;-) I have finished the software for the steering wheel unit (pending testing tonight) and also finished the first revision of the circuit board. It's now barely larger than the connector in the steering wheel. So the hardware development for the steering wheel is thereby finished! And so is the software development, unless I find a bug.

When the next units have been sold I need to order more parts, and I'll order the connector for the F-body clockspring then, so I'll be able to take a picture of what the adapter inside the steering wheel will look like (well, sort of, because the new layout will even be a little bit smaller!).

I have also implementd a master test software on a circuit board that I had left from another project, which is why I couldn't test the communication without a partner. Cross your fingers that it works.

Next up will be the development of a breakout board that simulates a cruise control stalk from the steering wheel signals and outputs the menu/enter keys to the DashComputer. With this, things will be coming together!
Congrats!! I'm ready to go whenever you get there. I'd love to see some updated pictures of people that have got theirs installed.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
I'd love to see some updated pictures of people that have got theirs installed.
Me too!
Old 07-04-2016, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can promise when I get mine, it'll get installed quickly and with pictures!
Old 07-04-2016, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not quite installed, probably this week but hooked up at least!
Attached Thumbnails 99-02 odo, swapped OEM smd leds with white smd leds, +converting odo to OLED screen-20160704_101022.jpg  
Old 07-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Look what surprise I got today:

Guess I'll be busy next week!
Old 07-08-2016, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woot
Old 07-12-2016, 02:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Spade
Woot
Woot indeed, the milling turned out perfect, so I'll have 2-3 units ready by the weekend!

note the mounting tabs on the new boxes, LT4Vert said it would make mounting the box easier, so here they are!

Quick Reply: 99-02 odo, swapped OEM smd leds with white smd leds, +converting odo to OLED screen