Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need Interior Pics for drag car, gimme Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Interior Pics for drag car, gimme Ideas

It is definately in the design mock up stage (H/C has left my wallet a little light). I don't want to make the TA a full drag only car, so it is not necessary to remove EVERY extra # of weight.

It will have an 6-8pt cage (powder coated black), 2 of the arizon racing seats, a rear seat delete kit and new carpet. I want to get the car mini-tubed as well (local shop will do it for $1000). I Don't want to mess with the dash to much, but may consider putting gages in the center 3 vents.

Anyhow, just post up any pictures of TASTEFULY done drag car interiors. I will probably have all the work done at an interior shop, but want ideas before i go.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

TTT. Nobody?
Old 03-31-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

this car is for sale on here https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/886902-2000-camaro-d-r-car-sale.html

It looks awesome!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take my advice and do not do anything to make your car lighter involving the interior besides perhaps removing some of the sound deadening material behind some of the panels and carpet. Even then you are looking at 100lbs tops. I have stripped out most of my interior and am in the slow process of finding nice enough parts to replace them with.
IMO that car above is done very tastefully. It has lighgtweight carpet, retains body panels, steering wheel, has a cage ands aftermarket seats and some nice gauges. His gauge setup definately doesn't look cheap. I think to really see and feel the advantages of shedding weight you really need to take it seriously and go all out, every 100lbs gets you .1sec in the 1/4 tops.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Launching!

IMPRESSIVE. You have no idea how bad i want to make my auto look and work like that one.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
Take my advice and do not do anything to make your car lighter involving the interior besides perhaps removing some of the sound deadening material behind some of the panels and carpet. Even then you are looking at 100lbs tops. I have stripped out most of my interior and am in the slow process of finding nice enough parts to replace them with.
IMO that car above is done very tastefully. It has lighgtweight carpet, retains body panels, steering wheel, has a cage ands aftermarket seats and some nice gauges. His gauge setup definately doesn't look cheap. I think to really see and feel the advantages of shedding weight you really need to take it seriously and go all out, every 100lbs gets you .1sec in the 1/4 tops.
Yea, this makes since. I just need new carpet, seats, and my interior panels are all scratched up from use. I think the above car is pretty cool, but i am not digging the gauge panel for my project. Just racing seats, new carpet, cage and rear seat delete kit. maybe a steering wheel.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:26 PM
FormerVendor

I have something along the lines of what you are looking to do. I only have this one shitty photo but ill try and get a few more this weekend.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
I have something along the lines of what you are looking to do. I only have this one shitty photo but ill try and get a few more this weekend.

THATS SICK!!!!

When are you guys going to get more of your bottle mounts like that?
Old 04-01-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

Drag cars have interiors lol
Old 04-01-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah the really fast ones that say F weight reduction do LOL
Old 04-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Old 04-01-2008, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BlackSS2001
THATS SICK!!!!

When are you guys going to get more of your bottle mounts like that?
I am pretty sure we do have them in stock, we dont sell a ton of them since most people dont want to spend the money on them. Hence, we usually have them in stock. Did you want the plain billet aluminum or powder coated black.

I am also going to have two nitrogen bottles back there but i havent figured out how i want to mount them yet. Either one on the outside of each bottle or suspended from the roll bars. Like i said, ill get a bunch more pictures when it gets done. Still have all my leather from Specialized stainless to wrap all the interior parts.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am pretty sure we do have them in stock, we dont sell a ton of them since most people dont want to spend the money on them. Hence, we usually have them in stock. Did you want the plain billet aluminum or powder coated black.

I am also going to have two nitrogen bottles back there but i havent figured out how i want to mount them yet. Either one on the outside of each bottle or suspended from the roll bars. Like i said, ill get a bunch more pictures when it gets done. Still have all my leather from Specialized stainless to wrap all the interior parts.
Mount them suspended from the bars! It looks awesome that way!

You have PM
Old 04-01-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea thats pretty much what i am talking about. Do you have lightweight carpet?
Old 04-01-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by landonew
lightweight carpet?
Old 04-01-2008, 11:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by landonew
Nah im not too concerned with weight my build has been more along the lines of show car...that also makes big power. Besides i can always compensate with some larger jets!