Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Archor vs. stock tranny mount

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Archor vs. stock tranny mount

I think I read about the archor aftermarket replacement tranny mount being better than the stock one, well I found one and it is different looking, but doesn't look any stronger to me, my tranny is built and I have a 3000 stall and don't like the vibration of the solid ones,...does anyone have real expierence with the Archor? and what can you tell me.
Thanks
Old 01-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...less-then.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...yone-used.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...ans-mount.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...nny-mount.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...different.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...on-mounts.html
Old 01-31-2009, 01:23 PM
Launching!

After reading all this and doing quite a bit of reading on the different ones, I would like a 1LE mount and bought one from Thunder, it looks like the Archor mount except it is bigger and a little taller than the archor and the stock mount, looks a little more than a 1/4" taller, does anyone know if this is a real 1LE mount and have seen people discussing the taller mounts pushing the tranny higher in the trans tunnel, I can't believe 1/4" to a 1/2" would hurt anything or is there some problem with this?
Old 01-31-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02WS6FREEBIRD
After reading all this and doing quite a bit of reading on the different ones, I would like a 1LE mount and bought one from Thunder, it looks like the Archor mount except it is bigger and a little taller than the archor and the stock mount, looks a little more than a 1/4" taller, does anyone know if this is a real 1LE mount and have seen people discussing the taller mounts pushing the tranny higher in the trans tunnel, I can't believe 1/4" to a 1/2" would hurt anything or is there some problem with this?
For one thing it will change your pinion angle, maybe even to the point where you would want to correct it with an adjustable TA.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Banned

It's ANCHOR get it: an ANCHOR holds huge ships and **** in place so this company chose that as thier name because they build mounts that hold **** down.

The search feature NEVER works when you mis-spell words.

As far as height difference if it moves the TA up with the trans it could change the pinion angle. If it moves the trans up it will change the u joint operating angle.

All this can lead to a high speed vibration.

If the mount is taller, add spacers between the cross member and frame to lower it to where it was.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
It's ANCHOR get it: an ANCHOR holds huge ships and **** in place so this company chose that as thier name because they build mounts that hold **** down.

The search feature NEVER works when you mis-spell words.

As far as height difference if it moves the TA up with the trans it could change the pinion angle. If it moves the trans up it will change the u joint operating angle.

All this can lead to a high speed vibration.

If the mount is taller, add spacers between the cross member and frame to lower it to where it was.
GOT IT!!

I make mistakes and am not perfect, just looking for some help from those with knowledge.

The one from Thunder is a Delphi mount and is about !/4" taller, is this enough to mess up the angles and maybe should not use it?

I have not used the Anchor, I bought it after breaking the stock mount, and now have the ES poly trans mount and poly engine mounts, so to help with the vibration I thought I could go back to a rubber trans mount and I have the Anchor and the new Delphi to choose from, guess I could get another stock and not worry about breaking it because of the poly engine mounts, but they are $$$.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned

I don't think 1/4" will make a difference. If it does you can add 1/4" of fender washers at each trans crossmember bolt to bring it back down.
Or get the stock one.

Are you sure it's the trans mount?
I have poly engine mounts with the stock trans mount, it has a vibration. I don't plan to do anything about it.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:07 PM
Launching!

With my wimpy 380 rwhp to break the stock tranny mount and the car had 18,000 mi. so the motor mounts were not shot, but did not want to break anything else so a local guy convinced me that to keep the motor from torqueing so much that poly motor mounts would work and they do as the motor doesn't move much anymore and we installed the ES tranny mount and there is vibration there because of the poly mounts, but not super bad and have read that it's ok to do rubber tranny with poly motor mounts and maybe loose a little vibration, just trying to use the best one I can.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02WS6FREEBIRD
just trying to use the best one I can.
Good idea. I wish other people would reply with their experiences.

The only thing I've run in an F-Body is the poly engine mount, stock trans mount.

In other cars I've run solid everything, in my truck I have stock engine mounts, poly trans mount (found a new one in the package at a junkyard)

It depends on your tolerance to vibration also.
Good luck.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Thanks