Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuddle converters: Good or Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chrs1313
fuddle are you serious...let alone if they hold up they are inefficient as hell most people lose mph when going to one...

i have gained 1mph at the track with my yank...that alone was the deciding factor even if they were as tough as a yank...

I see 95% going by the raw slip numbers and discounting
any multiplication. Not as nice as the little TCI (97%) but
that's 3500/2.0 vs 3000/2.2, the latter is going to couple
up sooner and harder. Anyway 95% is as good as you're
going to see anyone spec. And Yank is the only one I've
ever seen publish efficiency numbers, and last I looked
they had quit doing that at least on the newer models.

I did push on them (Fuddle) in that regard and if you
neglect it, so might they. But it can be had for the asking.

I didn't lose anything but TCC slippage across my swap.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ponyeater01LS1
22000 plus miles on mine numerous runs at the track and Im upgrading to the HP series, all I have to say why by Nike shoes when new balance will do the same this but better. VIG AND YANK they do just that yank way to much money out of your pocket. $450 who passes that up??? When I was first shopping (2 yrs ago) I called Vig got S*^t on, called YANK got S@%T on again, called Fuddle, was on the phone with John for about 30 min and learned so much about TC it aint even funny, that dude is so down to earth and backs his product, he's so down to earth that he called me while on HIS FRIKEN HONEYMOON who does that. Ill tell ya who: someone who cares about their name and backs their product. THAT IS ALL
You're losing about 2mph and .2 or more using that inefficient converter. THAT IS ALL.

P.S. I ran the same mph as you with the same cam, MINUS heads (I have stock heads), and in a full weight car. Trust me, you are losing a lot with the fuddle.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VIG AND YANK they do just that yank way to much money out of your pocket.
Yank SS3600 or SS4000 is $675. $675 - $450 = $225. In the grand scheme of things $225 is nothing. I paid about that much for my SSRA. I blow that much over a weekend sometimes. I spend that much when I fill my tank. Well it costs me $150 anyway

$450 who passes that up???
People who want to pay a little more for a better product.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
I see 95% going by the raw slip numbers and discounting
any multiplication. Not as nice as the little TCI (97%) but
that's 3500/2.0 vs 3000/2.2, the latter is going to couple
up sooner and harder. Anyway 95% is as good as you're
going to see anyone spec. And Yank is the only one I've

I did push on them (Fuddle) in that regard and if you
neglect it, so might they. But it can be had for the asking.

I didn't lose anything but TCC slippage across my swap.
no offense but you would gain at least 1mph and drop around .1 et if you were to switch to a ss3600...some people it isnt worth the extra 200 bucks but if you think about it...it is stupid to not spend the 200 extra for a better converter when people are spending $1100 for a fast 90/90 and only gaining 15hp...1.5mph...

i mean you have a nice 224 cam with full bolt ons and are trapping 112mph unless i am missing something...yeah you are a vert but still i would think at least 114mph for a full weight cam only setup...

seen too many people after there fuddle install post times and the mph was the same or went south...i would say 8 out of 10 lost mph...

i am brand loyal to an extent like you are but u gotta admit when there is something better or comparable... vig and yank > fuddle...but for some the extra $200 is just to much...my opinion do it right the first time...
Old 04-16-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
And Yank is the only one I've
A lot of the data published on the older models came from testing them in Mike's SS, which he kept at Vinci's shop so they did all the labor to swap and dyno the cars. That car was sold several years ago. Some of the more recent converters have been tested on GM's converter dyno, but I preferred the data from in-car testing since it was measured under more real world conditions..
Old 04-16-2008, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont understand how some people still defend this company, and get mad at us when we say they suck.....How are u gonna tell ME, a person that saw the cheap price, jumped on it, rebuilt the tranny installed the fudde, had it blow up on me and take out my freshly rebuilt tranny, then have john fuddle tell me its MY fault that it blew for not getting rid of PWM when that was eliminated during the rebuild?.....Cost me a fresh rebuild, then the 2nd rebuild after the fuddle blew and a new Vig....Dont tell me that i dont know that fuddle sucks....Yes some people have had good luck but dont make it sound like those of us with bad expriences are lying.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:09 AM
TECH Addict

Honestly supprised that Fuddle has not been removed from the sponsor list, this time for good.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its funny while this thread was going on I got a pm from fuddle trying to convince me again to buy their converter. Maybe they havent noticed I went with YANK
Old 04-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Honestly supprised that Fuddle has not been removed from the sponsor list, this time for good.
It's all about greed and money. People buy fuddle trying to SAVE a few bucks, they're still on the sponsors list (I guess) because this site GETS PAID.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
stick with vig or yank!! the circle D stuff looks good too.. i wouldnt run fuddle or TCI even if u paid me..
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I have used 2 Fuddles, 4 TCIs, 2 Yanks, and a Vig. My favorite have been the Yanks.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Staging Lane

Default Suing Fuddle Racing

This is no opinion or attempt at bashing a company. This is not even anonymous. This is the cold hard facts-

"So why hasnt he been sued yet? Clearly there is false advertising involved if the internals are that shitty. Look at what claims are made on the site vs what you just said...Simple....if the converter is NOT what it says below...than he IS open for legal trouble am I wrong?..."

I will tell you exactly how I'm going to sue them- credit card fraud. I bought my 4000 stall Fuddle on Mar12 and it got "lost" in the mail. After talking it through with him at the end of March, he told me it would be shipped out the first of April. Mid April comes, with many calls to John that weren't returned, and I still didn't have my converter. I got deployed (by complete surprise) and started emailing him. I gave him my buddy's number at home and 2 email addresses so he could get hold of me. I received a return email 19 April that said it would ship the next week. Gues what? No converter. It is now mid May, and he quit returning my calls and emails. I just emailed my credit card and asked them about recouping the losses, and they said they'd take the next step. The are going to open an investigation on the whole proceedings because they suspect credit card fraud, since he literally stole my money and never gave me a product, crappy or not.

You guys have me at a disadvantage. I can't even complain about the converter because I never received mine. I have never been so ripped off in my entire life. I wasn't really even upset when it got "lost," and I'm still open to getting it. After opening a thread, writing emails to him, calling him, and posting here, I am done with it. John, please be a responsible man and get me my converter or money back. You have $500 of my money that I worked hard to get.

SrA Wayne Stephenson
Old 05-13-2008, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope John rots in ******* hell !!!!! I went through the same bullshit
you did with the "it will be shipped tomorrow" or "it got lost so we will
send you another one" game I had to get a lawyer involved in
my case and then what do you know *POOF* I recieved my converter
from them that wound up taking out two of my CPT transmissions !!!!
If theres ever a Class Action Suit against those ******* crooks PLEASE
PLEASE PLEASE let me know because I would be more than happy to
join !!! Fuddle is the laughing stock among racers !!!!

Originally Posted by liveatstrip
This is no opinion or attempt at bashing a company. This is not even anonymous. This is the cold hard facts-

"So why hasnt he been sued yet? Clearly there is false advertising involved if the internals are that shitty. Look at what claims are made on the site vs what you just said...Simple....if the converter is NOT what it says below...than he IS open for legal trouble am I wrong?..."

I will tell you exactly how I'm going to sue them- credit card fraud. I bought my 4000 stall Fuddle on Mar12 and it got "lost" in the mail. After talking it through with him at the end of March, he told me it would be shipped out the first of April. Mid April comes, with many calls to John that weren't returned, and I still didn't have my converter. I got deployed (by complete surprise) and started emailing him. I gave him my buddy's number at home and 2 email addresses so he could get hold of me. I received a return email 19 April that said it would ship the next week. Gues what? No converter. It is now mid May, and he quit returning my calls and emails. I just emailed my credit card and asked them about recouping the losses, and they said they'd take the next step. The are going to open an investigation on the whole proceedings because they suspect credit card fraud, since he literally stole my money and never gave me a product, crappy or not.

You guys have me at a disadvantage. I can't even complain about the converter because I never received mine. I have never been so ripped off in my entire life. I wasn't really even upset when it got "lost," and I'm still open to getting it. After opening a thread, writing emails to him, calling him, and posting here, I am done with it. John, please be a responsible man and get me my converter or money back. You have $500 of my money that I worked hard to get.

SrA Wayne Stephenson
Old 05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Veteran

I have had a Yank 4T65E with 4000 GTP and a Yank TH400 RMV lockup for f body and TB with 3500.
A couple of yank converters for various cars and zero failures.

I abuse my stuff, too. Buy once, buy right.

I know Vig/Pre Industries though and they also have good products.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
... they're still on the sponsors list (I guess) because this site GETS PAID.
Yup, the site gets paid. Bandwith, servers, and maintenance isn't free.

This thread is done.