Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Buick Coupe...maybe

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buick Coupe...maybe

Read this in the Automotive news and found it also on their site. Buick is looking at the idea of a coupe....maybe something we all hope for..

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...EM03/302159909
Old 02-22-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It didn't provide much information on what kind of powertrain options the coupe would have. That would be cool to see a rwd turbo V6 coupe, and basically make a modern GN. I believe they have an AWD platform too. They have alot of options, and it will be cool to see what they bring to the table if they decide to bring anything at all.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

coupe+lightweight+good power= not a buick
Old 02-23-2010, 12:08 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tainted
coupe+lightweight+good power= not a buick
Not traditionally at least, but with Poncho, the youthful performance brand, gone, Buick is struggling for an identity. Especially when Cadillac is doing such an amazing job at mixing luxury and sporty.
I for one welcome this as I'm not a fan of hard lines and sharp angles of Cadillac, preferring the curves on the new Regal.
A car like this will never be a best seller, but will surely get people looking at the dealerships and leaving in LaCrosses, Regals, and Enclaves.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

I am predicting a Regal-based coupe and convertible. I think it'll either be a Regal coupe or restyled and called the Riviera.

If it's the Regal coupe I've got money saying there will be an AWD turbo6 variant...named the Grand National.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SuperSport346
If it's the Regal coupe I've got money saying there will be an AWD turbo6 variant...named the Grand National.
That would be cool, but the car would really have to be perfect to have the Grand National badge. "Grand National" is a name with God like status in the automotive world. It was like the 64 GTO of the 80's.

Buick would really need to get the styling, and performance right, or it would not sit right with purists. It's quite like the 04-06 GTO. In many enthusiast's eyes, they did the GTO name wrong. They really ruined that car buy calling it a GTO, and I think it would have done better under a different name.

If Buick could get a Grand National right, I think it would be awesome. And a limited edition GNX would be very cool.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If anything i'd guess it would probably just be a 2 door regal, say a regal gs, probably a Insignia coupe

Old 02-23-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ now that side view isnt to bad but still. if *I* was in the market for a sport coupe it wouldnt be a buick. it'd be a G35 or G37 whatever it is now a CTS-V coupe or something like that.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tainted
^^ now that side view isnt to bad but still. if *I* was in the market for a sport coupe it wouldnt be a buick. it'd be a G35 or G37 whatever it is now a CTS-V coupe or something like that.
If I was in the market for a sports coupe, it would definitely not be a G37, and it wouldn't be a CTS-V coupe (hideous). I wouldn't be able to say if I would consider the Buick in that situation since we can only speculate what their vehicle would be like. But, if Buick made a decent looking, good performing AWD or RWD turbo V6, I would consider it. But, I would never be in that market.

I think Buick has alot of potential. I really like the designs of the cars they have been coming out with recently. They have the ability to do something different here. I really would love to see an AWD turbo V6 performance car come out of GM, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

GM wants to make Buick more appealing, and I think they will do something cool.

Quick Reply: Buick Coupe...maybe