Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Overhaulin' and Payback

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Overhaulin' and Payback

Just thought I would brag a little. Overhaulin' is now filmed at our parent company location in California (Quantum-Tecstar).

A new show is premiering on Speed this Wednesday evening after Pinks at 10pm. The new show is called Payback and involves celebrities pimping out new cars to "Pay Back" people that helped them out early in their careers.

The first show features Jay Leno and subsequent shows feature (Tim Allen, Brooke Burke, Dale Jr., and others). Not so much a hot rod show though. More like taking new cars and giving them a unique look. Very few performance modifications are done to them in order to keep the factory warranties in effect.

Thanks for reading!
Old 07-09-2006, 02:29 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I met some of your co-workers while on the entire power tour and must say that each and every one was a pleasant to talk to and bs with.

Even though my budget has me doing more home/family things, you guys love talking cars to anyone, even us stock block, h/c guys.

Just wanted to say thanks, not everyone was that way on the tour, but you guys were great. If I ever hit the lottery, I'll be knocking on your front door looking for a nice FI 402 to go into a C6.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the nice words

We don't really have much sayon the content in the shows. We mostly provide a locations to film. On Payback, the guys doing the work are our guys, but all from our other location in Troy. The Troy shop handles a lot of body work and paint work. They often prepare Pace Cars for GM.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats awesome, i'll be watching sounds interesting.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Sounds kind of weak IMO.

Just another 'pimp your ride' show.

I like the original 'overhaulin' where they improve the suspension and engine and all...
Old 07-10-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Sounds kind of weak IMO.

I like the original 'overhaulin' where they improve the suspension and engine and all...
They still do that on Overhaulin'. This "Payback" show is an entirely different show all together.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

We don't have any input when it comes to show content. We provide a location to shoot and sometimes personnel. The production company decides what the format of the show is and what the content will be. It will not be Pimp My Ride at all. I don't think our owners would allow fish bowls in cars.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Sounds kind of weak IMO.

pimp my ride sucks ***!

Payback is actually a good show
Old 07-15-2006, 10:14 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Reckless,

While in the garage today diagnosing an a/c problem with the explorer I had speed on watching dream car garage. I stopped what I was doing when I heard the one guy mention that he'd be driving a 1969 Camaro with 1000hp.

It turned out to be the car in your signature. I've heard different stories on the car, this guy built it, sold it, etc etc. I saw it listed on W2W's website, but could you give more details. I saw the car everyday on the Power Tour and if I could have found the driver, I probably would have asked for a ride. The car is so nicely done, and gushed over it every day.

Nice car, must be a blast to drive.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by niteriyder
pimp my ride sucks ***!

Payback is actually a good show

I definitely would not want my ride pimped... But some of the stuff they do is pretty creative... funny show.

Quick Reply: Overhaulin' and Payback