NASCAR is a joke

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default NASCAR is a joke

Taken from Jayski's site...

"Pony Cars Coming To Busch Series: NASCAR hopes to inject new life into its Busch Series by changing the types of cars raced, beginning as early as 2009, according to multiple sources familiar with the project. If plans go according to schedule, the next-generation Busch Series cars will be Chevy Camaros, Dodge Challengers, Ford Mustangs and an as-yet-to-be named Toyota model, sources said. Ford overhauled the Mustang as a 1960s-retro model in 2005, to positive critical and commercial results. Chevrolet and Dodge will release similarly retro-themed Camaros and Challengers, respectively, by the 2009 model year. The Mustang, Camaro and Challenger all are two-door coupes with rear-wheel drive and available V-8 engines, a hugely popular combination in the halcyon days of 1960s muscle cars. A switch to these cars - plus whichever model Toyota chooses to campaign - would make a huge amount of sense, as it would help the Busch Series have its own distinct identity apart from Nextel Cup and help remove the stigma of the series as "Cup Lite," as some call it now. Sources familiar with the project said NASCAR has discussed the idea of switching cars with the manufacturers and has received a positive reception for the idea.(SPEEDtv.com)(9-15-2007)"
Old 09-15-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Oh wow, they are going to change the headlight stickers so the no talent drivers can look better now! I can't wait till this fad dies.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to laugh when Toyota enters the New Supra in to race with the pony cars.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:39 PM
12 Second Club

I have an idea.
Better yet, why don't they just give up the billions from the Nippon Giant, leave them out of it, and run stock unibody based cars on road courses. They could call it The Trans Am series, or something like that.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Junkie

I would watch stock cars racing around a road course. I will not watch the gay **** they call nascar though.

W
Old 09-16-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh sweet! It's a the vinyl and sticker ricer phenomenon brought to the domestic level! Oh ****... that's what asscar is anyways...

*yawn* until asscar brings more interesting things to the table I won't care. I'll raise my eyebrow however for the left and RIGHT hand turns; but I'm saddened by the whole vinyl wrap tube frame clones extending to "pony cars" and a "unnamed toyota" to bring interest to the series (which I couldnt care a less about anyways)
Old 09-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Launching!

i'm not gay but i think i'd rather finger my own ******* than watch nascar....honestly.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

They can put a camaro sticker or any other sticker that they want on the front of the car. It won't make it any more interesting.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

Well, I agree with everyone else:

**** Nascar
**** Toyota
Old 09-16-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

NASCAR is ok. I can't watch it though. People only like NASCAR because you get the see the cars and drivers longer and you develop more interest in them. Compared to only seeing John Force for 5 seconds on the TV and then he isn't on again until the next race.

NASCAR of tommorow totally blows, though. They are making the cars slower and safer. They say it is for safety but I say it is to make the race last longer so they can sell you more crap and keep the audience longer. The cars look stupid as hell and they eat up over 150 more horses due to aerodynamics. They also fucked up drafting by changing up the bodies.

Lenght of the race makes more money for sure. How many people will travel long distances to see a short PS, funny, or TF race. The bracket is done and people are packed up before you can sit down at NASCAR. And not all people are interested in each class. Plus, they dont even show all the classes on TV. Unfair BS.

Originally Posted by dailydriver
I have an idea.
Better yet, why don't they just give up the billions from the Nippon Giant, leave them out of it, and run stock unibody based cars on road courses. They could call it The Trans Am series, or something like that.
OMG. Don't start me on imports. GM and Ford will spend millions and millions on developing products. Imports are that bastard child on the family that steals your stuff when you are out of the room. They take a GM or Ford design, alter it and patent for a huge profit with no developmental cost. Nothing they have is orginal. Then they claim since they modified and stuck it in a crappy looking vehicle that Asian quality regiens supreme. That is how they operate BUT we stuck the knife in our hearts first. They just twisted it. I have personally known/worked with enough people of that --- umm area to realise how industry works.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
OMG. Don't start me on imports. GM and Ford will spend millions and millions on developing products. Imports are that bastard child on the family that steals your stuff when you are out of the room. They take a GM or Ford design, alter it and patent for a huge profit with no developmental cost. Nothing they have is orginal. Then they claim since they modified and stuck it in a crappy looking vehicle that Asian quality regiens supreme. That is how they operate BUT we stuck the knife in our hearts first. They just twisted it. I have personally known/worked with enough people of that --- umm area to realise how industry works.
What in the hell are you talking about? What did they steal? That was probably the most unfounded, racist post I have ever seen on here.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:38 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

They look nothing like the real cars, and I'd rather smash all my fingernails with a hammer than watch a Nascar race.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

Bracket racing or anything with a throttle stop has got to be the worst form of racing or any live filming of Pinks....
Old 09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
NASCAR is ok. I can't watch it though. People only like NASCAR because you get the see the cars and drivers longer and you develop more interest in them. Compared to only seeing John Force for 5 seconds on the TV and then he isn't on again until the next race.

NASCAR of tommorow totally blows, though. They are making the cars slower and safer. They say it is for safety but I say it is to make the race last longer so they can sell you more crap and keep the audience longer. The cars look stupid as hell and they eat up over 150 more horses due to aerodynamics. They also fucked up drafting by changing up the bodies.

Lenght of the race makes more money for sure. How many people will travel long distances to see a short PS, funny, or TF race. The bracket is done and people are packed up before you can sit down at NASCAR. And not all people are interested in each class. Plus, they dont even show all the classes on TV. Unfair BS.

And the LS1 Architechture is almost identical to the 5.0 for designed in decades ago, hell even the coolant passage location and exhaust ports match up..... So whats your point? Every manufacturer buys the competitions motor and tries to apply the technology to their own designs.

Do you know that GM paid toyota to design the Ecotec motors for them?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Junkie

'What in the hell are you talking about? What did they steal? That was probably the most unfounded, racist post I have ever seen on here."

Ignorant yes...but how was it racist, 1bdbird? Racism means you hate a race. I hardly think hating imports is the hatred of a whole race of ppl designed by God.

W
Old 09-17-2007, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WECIV
'What in the hell are you talking about? What did they steal? That was probably the most unfounded, racist post I have ever seen on here."

Ignorant yes...but how was it racist, 1bdbird? Racism means you hate a race. I hardly think hating imports is the hatred of a whole race of ppl designed by God.

W
This is what I try to explain (futilely) to all of the kneejerk, brainwashed, lemming/sheeple importfanboyzz who are trained to respond with the "racist card" when anyone dislikes their precious rides (for ANY reason).
I mean, how the F*** can one be "racist" towards an inanimate object?? I don't like granite, does that make me a racist??

At worst, you are a "nationalist" if you hate on another country's products, and prefer, or will only purchase from your own country's companies.

Sometimes, in an effort to appear more "intelligencia" than others, and in a desperate attempt to distance themselves from "mindless, dumbass, rednecked mulletheads" some actually come off as MORE ignorant than those they are mocking/criticizing.

Last edited by dailydriver; 09-17-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:50 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by .ALEX.
And the LS1 Architechture is almost identical to the 5.0 for designed in decades ago, hell even the coolant passage location and exhaust ports match up..... So whats your point? Every manufacturer buys the competitions motor and tries to apply the technology to their own designs.

Do you know that GM paid toyota to design the Ecotec motors for them?
GM big blocks also had similar exhaust spacing, big deal. Spread ports were also used on 18* GM race heads as well as many other applications.

Also, the Ecotec was designed by GM US engineers as well as Opel and Saab engineers- not Toyota.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mzoomora
GM big blocks also had similar exhaust spacing, big deal. Spread ports were also used on 18* GM race heads as well as many other applications.

Also, the Ecotec was designed by GM US engineers as well as Opel and Saab engineers- not Toyota.
Yeah, the TOYota worship on here is totally out of control!! They are NOT the "be all, end all" of everything automotive, people.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Actually, they tested at Talledega last week and the speeds were the same. Even in the draft. http://www.jayski.com/stats/testing/...7talladega.htm
Old 09-17-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
What in the hell are you talking about? What did they steal? That was probably the most unfounded, racist post I have ever seen on here.
didn't they steal the Dodge block ? correct me if I am wrong

Quick Reply: NASCAR is a joke