Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Just picked up my 05 ctsv :D.. help me out with some basics...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up my 05 ctsv :D.. help me out with some basics...

I just picked it up, 05 6spd silver on blk leather, 64k

I love this thing.

First id like to change the fluids in the trans and the diff..
I found a write up on the diff... but cant find one for the manual trans.. is there one?
Also what do you guys recomend for oils on the diff and the trans?

Also I noticed the car doesnt realy slam into gears like im used to, when i hit higher gears like 3rd and 4th at high rpms.
It doesnt seem to respond like id want it to. I read a short shifter would help but what other bushings might help?

is this just how the car is or is my clutch giving out on me alittle? It doesnt seem like the clutch to me but i could be wrong...

ill post up pics later . Photobucket isnt working..

also one of my best buddies has a e46 M3 smg, he thinks he is king dingaling with it, what are my chances against him?
Old 05-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned

Ya Oem is always good. theres a good corvette out my way , the shop uses some synthetic trans and diffoil . he said he makes it so much smoother. It sounds good but I do like Oem. I forget the band off the top of my head.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TurboCtsV1
he's using royal purple i would dare to guess?

it's all marketing gimicks after it leaves the lab.
and that lab sells to everyone else.

GM has/had (lol) alot more to lose and i'm confident
that the choices made for each vehicals fluids are the
correct ones. ac delco has more funding than royal purple,
or any other gussyed-up petroleum product.

and alittle insider info, i use to smash out a girl that worked at a synethtic oil
lab testing facility in stamford ct. and she said that mobil1 syn is by far the best,
and blew ALL the others away during specific testing for breakdown.
she didn't work for mobil1 and her findings aren't subject to personal opinion, but
lab testing facts.

if you end up doing the rear diff fluid make sure you get
the new-goo additive. ask the caddy dealership for said
blue goop.
ya I saw the write up on the grap goo hehe

No its not roysal purple, he told me the name but i never even heard of it. Ill call again this week.
ive been hearing iffy things about mobile one, ive heard they have been skimpin out out their additives now that they are so comercial .
Old 05-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Banned

i beat the M3, from the line he spun alot and i got him good.

From a second gear roll he hung around for about 2 seconds then i started to pull away.
im so pumped , just realy needa short shifter, and a antiwheel hop kit cause the thump sound on hard shifts is wierd and doesnt sound good...
Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you used to have a maxima on max.org?

either way i'm about to do the same with my car for its fluids and i'm most likely going to stick with the mobil 1 the car came with.

I have a friend with a m3 as well and he talks alot but has been afraid to let me tow him up and down the highway.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Something no one ever told me...

I love my V, but you gotta:

Remember... its a limited production vehicle and a cadillac, parts are VERY expensive and difficult to come by. Not many aftermarket parts and things as simple as a bushing replacement on an A-arm require the purchase of a new A-arm ($450) versus a bushing ($30-40) and being pushed in ($40).

Other then that, drive the hell out of her!
Old 05-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
did you used to have a maxima on max.org?

either way i'm about to do the same with my car for its fluids and i'm most likely going to stick with the mobil 1 the car came with.

I have a friend with a m3 as well and he talks alot but has been afraid to let me tow him up and down the highway.
ya im the same guy form the org. I used to own a 02 6spd maxima crisent red and i had a 99 to before that.

Theres a vid of me and the M3 in the racing stories part of this forum, check it out.
if you against street racing Dont watch it please.

Within the next few weeks i def gotta get the wheel hop kit adn a shirt shifter ( didnt realize how bad it realy is till I raced and realy hit the gears )
Old 05-18-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
ya im the same guy form the org. I used to own a 02 6spd maxima crisent red and i had a 99 to before that.

Theres a vid of me and the M3 in the racing stories part of this forum, check it out.
if you against street racing Dont watch it please.

Within the next few weeks i def gotta get the wheel hop kit adn a shirt shifter ( didnt realize how bad it realy is till I raced and realy hit the gears )
save your money and get the anti wheel hop axles and skip all the other bushings, bars etc.

do you still go on the org? you have to make a " i joined the brotherhood of tq" thread.

if you are ever in jersey let me know, i see so few v's as is
Old 05-18-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

also i love street racing...
Old 05-18-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
I just picked it up, 05 6spd silver on blk leather, 64k

I love this thing.

First id like to change the fluids in the trans and the diff..
I found a write up on the diff... but cant find one for the manual trans.. is there one?
Also what do you guys recomend for oils on the diff and the trans?

Also I noticed the car doesnt realy slam into gears like im used to, when i hit higher gears like 3rd and 4th at high rpms.
It doesnt seem to respond like id want it to. I read a short shifter would help but what other bushings might help?

is this just how the car is or is my clutch giving out on me alittle? It doesnt seem like the clutch to me but i could be wrong...

ill post up pics later . Photobucket isnt working..

also one of my best buddies has a e46 M3 smg, he thinks he is king dingaling with it, what are my chances against him?
my 04 shifts like sh*t. Ive heard some rumblings about putting synthetic in the tranny but step one is to bleed/flush the clutch well..make sure your reservior isn't empty.

I was on max.org for a while before I gave my 03 SE to the woman. That car was a dog. I can't believe how soft they went on the SE, even from the 00-01 yrs. Of course, all things considered, the 3rd gen was the best.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cadzilla
my 04 shifts like sh*t. Ive heard some rumblings about putting synthetic in the tranny but step one is to bleed/flush the clutch well..make sure your reservior isn't empty.

I was on max.org for a while before I gave my 03 SE to the woman. That car was a dog. I can't believe how soft they went on the SE, even from the 00-01 yrs. Of course, all things considered, the 3rd gen was the best.

My 02 maxima was 6spd, wasnt bad, it put down 246 to the wheels after just some bolt ons and a tune. which wasnt bad , i was able to beat g35 and 350z's with it so i was happy.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i had a 3.5 4th gen which put down decent power and i honestly cant say i lost a race to another maxima.

do any of you guys still visit the org or have plans to go down to maxus this yr? I thought i was the first maxima to v transplant when i got mine back in feb.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
yeah i had a 3.5 4th gen which put down decent power and i honestly cant say i lost a race to another maxima.

do any of you guys still visit the org or have plans to go down to maxus this yr? I thought i was the first maxima to v transplant when i got mine back in feb.

ya i still visit, I had a g35 sedan after the max, it was fun 6spd 300hp but it just wasnt fast enought and had a bunch of little things that pissed me off .

Now i got the v and so far im happy. Id like to mod the crap out of it but im looking to buy a house soon so .....

Quick Reply: Just picked up my 05 ctsv :D.. help me out with some basics...