Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Creative Steel Motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 AM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creative Steel Motor mounts

Purchased my Creative Steel motor and tranny mounts with heat shields and got them in Sat morning. Quick shipping. Max and Kristi were helpful. I appreciate the customer service.

Was able to get the car off the ground last night at 8:30. Finished the left side up at 10:15. Now for the right side and tranny mount. I will post a vid of how bad my stockers are. "Fluid Leakage"... nah, mounts are too dry for that, i actually have dust coming out when turning and compressing the mount. Can't wait to see how awesome these mounts work.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

I have the first pair and they are still one of the best mods I have done. Let us know how big your smile is??
Old 01-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Teching In

do you have pics?
(in your opinion)are these better then the uuc?
where to get them and how much?
thanks

is this mod realy worth it if i dont see anything wrong with my stock mounts? but on the other hand, the motor is out, and would be the perfect time to do them.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by -T-
Purchased my Creative Steel motor and tranny mounts with heat shields and got them in Sat morning. Quick shipping. Max and Kristi were helpful. I appreciate the customer service.

Was able to get the car off the ground last night at 8:30. Finished the left side up at 10:15. Now for the right side and tranny mount. I will post a vid of how bad my stockers are. "Fluid Leakage"... nah, mounts are too dry for that, i actually have dust coming out when turning and compressing the mount. Can't wait to see how awesome these mounts work.
Did you get the black polly or the the grey?
I have the black but Im not happy with the extra vibration ...

How are yours?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:31 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Max suggested the grey ultra mounts.

Here is a video of how bad my stock mounts were when i finally got them pulled. I re-assembled this one (RH) to show how bad off they were.

They difference between the stock motor and tranny mounts to the new ones are literally day and night. Start up and shut down are smoother. Acceleration is much much smoother.

I dont really feel much vibration. Honestly, considering how bad my stock mounts were.. i believe i have less vibration. I had a horrible bang when letting out of first under acceleration. And now its obviously due to the deteriorated motor mounts. I highly suggest this mod to anyone and everyone.

If you watch the video in my photobucket account that is titled X pipe and muffler gut.. u can hear the horrible shut down noise. Sounds like i slammed the car door shut.

Last edited by -T-; 01-13-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:36 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hasher
do you have pics?
(in your opinion)are these better then the uuc?
where to get them and how much?
thanks

is this mod realy worth it if i dont see anything wrong with my stock mounts? but on the other hand, the motor is out, and would be the perfect time to do them.
I have not experienced the UUC mounts so i cannot compare the creative steel mounts to them.

Call Max or Kristi at Creative Steel for the ones i got. I paid 305 for two motor mounts with heat shields and tranny mount shipped to my door two days later.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Could someone PM me the contact info or website?

I'm getting the "diesel engine" vibration at shut down and I think sometimes when accelerating from a stop in 1st gear I'm getting enough vibration that my headers are banging on something.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:21 AM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

(503) 316-1811. Kristi should answer. I'm pretty sure they are an approved vendor on here.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Banned

Glad to hear you like them,

Id like to switch from the black mounts to the grey but I dont want to pull off the headers ( again )
Old 01-15-2010, 07:54 AM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

I dropped my subframe and sat it on jack stands instead of removing my manifolds. I don't have headers, so maybe you had less room to work with.

On the left side, i just removed the nut from the stock mounts from the bottom support and removed it in two pieces and put the new mounts in the same way.

On the right side, i had to remove the starter which resulted in removing the cat.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by -T-
I dropped my subframe and sat it on jack stands instead of removing my manifolds. I don't have headers, so maybe you had less room to work with.

On the left side, i just removed the nut from the stock mounts from the bottom support and removed it in two pieces and put the new mounts in the same way.

On the right side, i had to remove the starter which resulted in removing the cat.
Ya with 1 7/8 long tubes Its not do-able.
Or at least I couldnt find a way.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

With headers you need to drop the entire header on the pass side to do it. With stock manifolds you can just do the cat. LT headers without connector pipes go out as far as the stock manifolds with cats.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

my stock mounts were trashed.. should have waited to try the "softer" compound mounts from Max. i scored an excellent price on uuc's and they are pretty stiff... good amount of vibrations...
Old 01-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

I just had the mounts installed on my 04. The stock mounts were shot but the car is under warranty. I was going to go with the sotck mounts while the car is still under warranty but GM is back ordered on them. Orders placed in October for motor mounts have still not been filled. GM would not cover the after market parts but did cover the labor. Max was helpful and the parts were shipped acorss the country over night. Best thing is Max owns a V so look for more solutions from Creative Steel for our V's.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fyi...i've got all the latest designed mounts from Max at Creative Steel/Ultra Mounts. I had to help install some mounts for a buddy this weekend on another application, but hope to have these in by next weekend.

I'll make a post when complete.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Just ordered a gray set from the guys in Oregon. Good people to work with. I'll keep folks posted on my results.

PS...mine were so bad, that when I drove over speed bumps, you could feel the engine lift up, and slam back into the frame!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

meant to post this sooner. Here's the review I did on the new mounts:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ra-mounts.html
Old 02-22-2010, 02:43 PM
10 Second Club

and as many guys have alluded to, if you got the early stiff mounts, it would be worth your time and money to get the newest softer tranny mount as its been proven that a lot of those vibes transmit through the tranny. Plus its a heck of a lot easier to change the tranny mount that engine mounts
Old 05-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Teching In

I daily drive the Ultra solids by Creative Steel on my 2004 GTO. I have a stock motor. Noticeable vibration at idle as expected. While cruising it is barely noticeable.

I am less picky when it comes to noise and vibration. No plastic pieces started rattling so it is a good vibration, sort of like subtle bass from 6x9s.

The transmission stopped floating around and now the shifting with the stock shifter isn't as sloppy.

Happy customer of Creative Steel.

Quick Reply: Creative Steel Motor mounts