Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

First trip to the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First trip to the dealer

Hey guys. Had my V for about a month now, to say im in love with this car is a bit of an understatement lol. After years of dreaming about one finally pulled the trigger and traded in my Duramax.

Couple weeks ago check engine light came on - P0171 Bank 1 Lean. Fuel trim (long term) +9% bank 1 +8.2% bank 2. Thought it may be a MAF or something but it's under CPO so I dropped it off at the dealer. After a couple days they said they can't get the code to trip again but have observed the lean fuel trim. They tried replacing MAF and O2's but neither helped. They cleaned the fuel injectors and dumped in a bottle of GM fuel treatment and sent me on my way. Anyone else run into clogged injectors? Car has 50k miles.

Thanks in advance fellas. Feels great to be part of the club!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never had a problem with mine and im still on a bone stock fuel system. Knocking on wood right now though.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

make sure that all the intake tube connections are tight. especially check both ends of the smaller hose that it attached.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:21 AM
Launching!

Congrats on the V and welcome to the club! Haven't had any of those issues on mine... yet.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Anybody else have problems running lean? Fuel trim at idle is good. Goes lean part throttle cruising at highway speeds. Sure sounds like a MAF to me but dealer said they tried one
Old 10-29-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KVS84
Anybody else have problems running lean? Fuel trim at idle is good. Goes lean part throttle cruising at highway speeds. Sure sounds like a MAF to me but dealer said they tried one
i didnt have a problem with that...i was running too rich after the LTs where installed

but i did develop a fuel leak. a hole developed in the top of the pump when a wire shorted out. dropped it out on a monday afternoon, had it back the following wednesday afternoon. also fixed my stabilitak error, which was a faulty speed sensor in the rear. the covered everything under warranty with no fights or issues about the mods to the car.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
i didnt have a problem with that...i was running too rich after the LTs where installed

but i did develop a fuel leak. a hole developed in the top of the pump when a wire shorted out. dropped it out on a monday afternoon, had it back the following wednesday afternoon. also fixed my stabilitak error, which was a faulty speed sensor in the rear. the covered everything under warranty with no fights or issues about the mods to the car.
Good to know. For the guys in Texas (not me) post the Dealer.
It's hard to find a performance/mod friendly dealer.

I had a 'check engine' light once. I did not code it. Probably an O2 sensor.
Added several oz. of Sta-Bil. After 80 miles and 3 start/stops, the light went out on the 3rd start-up and hasn't been back.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lawrence Hall of Abilene

They said they would have to directly directly prove that my mod cause the damage. the the only real mod i have is the exhaust, they just cover both issue no problem.

and no i am getting the Service AC System pop up on the DIC. looks like she is going back to the dealer.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

When I got my car, I would randomly get that code only during the summer months and only after beating on it. The dealer tried many many things and could never figured it out. I had assumed my car was all stock. After I did the cam/longtubes, I bought HP Tuners for this car and it would not connect. It turns out that the car did not have the stock tune on it...not only was it not stock but my guy that was able to get into the pcm said it looked like it was tuned for a big cube motor. So in my case it was throwing the lean code because it was rich and the computer was trying to lean it out but couldnt.

If the dealer is stumped, see if they can reflash the pcm...it might be altered.