Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Anyone have some 19 or 20" CCW's, HRE's or other forged wheels you wanna trade???

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have some 19 or 20" CCW's, HRE's or other forged wheels you wanna trade???

Ok guys,
You're going to kill me. LOL! Just figured before i go spending the money on powdercoating these, i might as well gauge interest and see what else is out there. They are custom True Forged Vantage 20's. 20x10 in the rear and 20x8.5 in the front. Satin black faces with polished lips and rivets. I really like these wheels a lot and being forged 3-piece staggered 20's, they are a pretty big step above the competition when it comes to aftermarket wheels i've seen for the V. I might consider a trade for some ccw sp600's or maybe the 505A's but i'd prob need a little cash with them and they MUST be in good shape. I don't want any rashed up or damaged wheels. I'm open to offers for any nice aftermarket forged wheels in a 19" or 20" staggered size. LMK what you got!!

This thread is simply to see what trade offers i get. Not looking to sell them outright and i dont really WANT to get rid of them but if i am offered the right wheel, i might work a trade with someone. Just throwing around the idea before i powdercoat them and put them on my car.

Pics don't do them justice. I'll get better pics and even some pics of them on my silver V if anyone shows serious interest or offers me something worth trading for but if not, ill be more than happy to keep them and throw them on my V. They are one of a kind. Wont see another V with them.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have some 19 or 20" CCW's, HRE's or other forged wheels you wanna trade???-tf3-1.jpg   Anyone have some 19 or 20" CCW's, HRE's or other forged wheels you wanna trade???-tf1-1.jpg   Anyone have some 19 or 20" CCW's, HRE's or other forged wheels you wanna trade???-2011-05-13130633.jpg   Anyone have some 19 or 20" CCW's, HRE's or other forged wheels you wanna trade???-2011-05-13130616.jpg   Anyone have some 19 or 20" CCW's, HRE's or other forged wheels you wanna trade???-2011-05-09200817.jpg  

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 05-18-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

20s really fill the arches nice. Its refreshing to see, seems like all you see around here is 18-19s but Im sure tire selection for the track rats are much better in those sizes. Powder coat those and stick them on there!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, I def prefer the 20's look over 18's and 19's. And it's nice cause hardly anyone does it like u said. I'm not opposed to running them. Was just curious to see what else is out there. Was looking online last night and came across some satin black sp600's and a set of black chrome sp600's that looked nice. Got me thinking so I figured I'd post up and see if anyone had those or anything else I'd like to offer as trade or partial trade toward these. But I think I'll be coating these and putting them on. Staggered 20's on slammed V looks awesome!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Just to register the silent majority's opinion here: all of those riveted wheels are fugly and don't belong on the angular first generation V.

I know it won't change your mind, but after seeing thread after thread with the parts that you're buying, I felt that it had to be said.

You're building one heck of a mutant V there.

Last edited by FuzzyLog1c; 05-18-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Lol! I don't mind the honesty. I personally like the style of the wheels but I'm really not a big fan of the rivets. I never have been. Kinda why I was considering doing them black so they'd blend in. I think with the right color combo, they wouldn't look bad polished but there are so many wheels now with the fake rivets that even though these serve an actual purpose as assembly bolts, it kinda kills the look for me. I was looking at the forgestar wheels initially but then these popped up and with them being staggered 20's, 3-piece wheels, much more rare and coming with tires and sensors made them more appealing to me. However, I posted this to gauge interest to see if there is anything else I'd prefer before I go spending money on these having them coated. I could still go the forgestar F14 route but my initial thought was that they look like they belong on an import or euro car. Maybe because every car with them is an import or a bmw. Could be wrong though. I'd have to see pics of them installed on a V...

As far as the other things I'm buying, what of those things would u consider Ugly or contributing to the "mutant" look?

I know the wheels are a love em or hate em thing. I expected that but I don't think I've bought anything else to make it a mutant V... Lol

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 05-18-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yay he changed his avatar!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Haha! I need to get a better pic. That's the only one I had on my computer of the silver one. Lol
Old 05-18-2012, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go black chrome centers

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
As far as the other things I'm buying, what of those things would u consider Ugly or contributing to the "mutant" look?

I know the wheels are a love em or hate em thing. I expected that but I don't think I've bought anything else to make it a mutant V... Lol
dont worry about the troll. unless he picks the part, its trash
Old 05-18-2012, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

You guys are crazy!!! These wheels look sick as is, only way they would look better on a silver V is if you had the centers done in a machined finish with polished or chrome lips.

As far as blacking them completely out, IMHO, that looks ok with the stock wheels, but with your custom 3 piece wheels it just makes them look cheap & takes away from the reason one would put wheels like this on their V, TO STAND OUT from the rest!!! I think the pic you posted with the wheels blacked out on the silver V looked like sh#t, but I like wheels with assembly bolts & polished lips personally...

Keep em' & throw em' on as is, or if the bolts really bug you, just have them blacked out but keep the polished lips....

Just my 2 cents....
Old 05-19-2012, 01:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Shady... Haters are always out there. I don't let it bother me. I like the wheels. I just can't decide which route to go with them but regardless what i do... I know they will look great on the car and def stand out.

Epik... U make a good point. I think i'm going to take your advice and spend some time polishing them up nice and perfect and throw them on the car. I mean it can't hurt to see how they look before i go changing them up. I can always change them later if i dont like it but who knows, might bolt em up and love the way they look. Then i could just do something about getting the lips polished out perfectly and clear them or something.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

They're not rivets.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Assembly bolts. I just say rivets because that's what most people refer to them as.

Quick Reply: Anyone have some 19 or 20" CCW's, HRE's or other forged wheels you wanna trade???