Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Pass. lower seat cover fit driver side?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pass. lower seat cover fit driver side?

I have been trying to buy a new lower seat cover for my 04, but GM has discontinued them. I believe the passenger side is still available though. Besides the hole for the controls on the side, will it fit and look correct? Obviously a new hole would need to be cut for the controls, and there would a hole in covered by the console.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought about this as well. I don't see why it wouldn't work. That sucks that they discontinued it. I was gonna order the DS as well. I guess I procrastinated to long.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Teching In

I work for GM, what is the last 8 of the vin, i only show one that we cant get but there are plenty more that we can. Your last 8 just gives me the cars options (color, trim etc) If you want i will be glad to check it out.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by marines1024
I work for GM, what is the last 8 of the vin, i only show one that we cant get but there are plenty more that we can. Your last 8 just gives me the cars options (color, trim etc) If you want i will be glad to check it out.
If you get a price on these things that's reasonable, please let me know. I'd be interested in picking up two or three full sets for my front seats.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My buddy who works at an interior shop just compared my seats and he said it looks like it'd work, but he cannot guarantee anything since he didn't disassemble the seat and measure the length of the foam on each side of the cushion, in case they were to be slightly angled differently.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RADEoN
My buddy who works at an interior shop just compared my seats and he said it looks like it'd work, but he cannot guarantee anything since he didn't disassemble the seat and measure the length of the foam on each side of the cushion, in case they were to be slightly angled differently.
If you talk to him again, would you ask him whether or not he thinks that they could work up a replacement piece, possibly with stiffer bolsters?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's a passenger cover for a pretty good price..it also lists driver as an option so maybe they are interchangeable...has all the rpos listed that come up with my vin...(ebony)

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products/.../88994257.html

I need to get the top and bottom cover for my driver seat...mine is played out yet the passenger looks and feels much better..

I've taken my (driver) seat out about 5 or 6 times over the years attempting to rebuild it, adjust the lumbar motor, creatively add more bolstering, etc... it's a pretty sh*tty design all around.

fuzzy, after buying new pads for my seat and changing them out with no real improvement, I realized alot of the support (ha, or lack of) is in the seat covers themselves... the pads are a joke, the frame is a joke...for example, notice how it feels much better/firmer on the left side.. this is because you rest against the box frame covering the airbag on the left and on the right, you rest against a wimpy *** steel tube and that thin pad. the lumbar motor is on the right side too, not in the center (obvious, to save space), so the slack is added and removed there, not in the center....annoying when you let it out and it feels like you're in a hole on that side so to speak...

I did solve the loose/rocking feel and slack in the seat by adding a few washers at the pivot joint..made it feel more solid and not slide/shift left and right in turns..

replacing the lower seat cover is easy, the top is a major major pita. with both of them, you can't half *** the alignment of the velcro strips or the leather will look wrinkled when you get done.

next time you see an e63 amg parked, get out and look at the seats.....those are some f'n seats......
Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
If you talk to him again, would you ask him whether or not he thinks that they could work up a replacement piece, possibly with stiffer bolsters?
I think you had me ask him before, and they could but would need to replace the panels in the sides to accomodate the larger padding.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:57 AM
TECH Resident

Has anyone tried to frankenstein some V2 front seats into a V1 yet or do they not line up at all? I've had the seats on my V out just never looked at the V2 seats in detail, but they are comfy comparatively speaking.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RADEoN
I think you had me ask him before, and they could but would need to replace the panels in the sides to accomodate the larger padding.
Good luck, there's no room to add material. You'd have to fab some firmer padding or redesign the frame to add room for bolstering, but then again you're limited to the cover's dims..
Old 11-11-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Cadzilla
Good luck, there's no room to add material. You'd have to fab some firmer padding or redesign the frame to add room for bolstering, but then again you're limited to the cover's dims..
I guess I didn't state my original question clearly. I was hoping that someone could be contracted to take the original cover, create a completely new design, and include additional room for better bolsters. Better leather too.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cadzilla
you would remove the leather panels, adhere the side bolsters to the current foam, measure the difference, mock up, cut and stitch.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Teching In

There are two different ones for that last 8 see below
D seat cover (ebony) )w suede inserts) (w cloth strip on side of seat)
$235.63 i would have to order it
If it has the leather strip on the side of the seat, i can get it, i would just have to OVN it.
$229.53 plus shipping.
LMK if it is cloth or leather
I can also get the upper seat cover as well

Last edited by marines1024; 11-12-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Pass. lower seat cover fit driver side?