Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

G-Force Driveshaft(s)??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G-Force Driveshaft(s)??

I'm gonna pull the trigger on a new driveshaft this evening or tomorrow. G-force is now offering up a one piece as well as their two piece version. My V1 will never have more than 500 rwhp so I am looking for peace, quiet, and longevity. The two piece is now $999 and the one piece aluminum is $899. Pros and cons to each? Which way should I go guys??? Thanks for the input fellas.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a one piece you should get the carbon fiber one. Otherwise stick with the two piece. The only advantage to a one piece is a little less slop and therefore a little less drivetrain loss
Old 03-04-2013, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ this...stick to the 2 piece unless you go cf...But 1700 or whatever for a drive shaft is fkn nutzzz.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Good stuff guys. I read a thread earlier saying to buy the carbon fiber instead of the aluminum when it comes to the Driveshaft Shops' two options. I really cant justify droppin 1800ish on a driveshaft either. G-forces' Aluminum one piece seems to be from Dynatech(?) and looks to be different than the aluminum one piece from the DSS though. I must admit, the Dynatech 1-piece from G-force looks sexy but must be a compromise of some sorts given the $100 cheaper price tag than the 2-piece.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its also in the critical speed man...think those alum 1 pieces only go up to 140ish-150ish for most companies that make them...I know I have been there before so I don't ever want to be in that predicament
Old 03-04-2013, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

I have the Gforce/Dynatech 1 piece. I like it. worth it to me. I have the Hendrix 1000hp axles and Kars III. working with Katech to have the short throw revamped (removing 1/4" material on bottom) to clear the shaft. this will keep you from having to put spacers under the tranny brace.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

critical speed states +/-150, but I want to test that theory. fabbing up a safety loop just in case.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by VeryWhiteDevil
I have the Gforce/Dynatech 1 piece. I like it. worth it to me. I have the Hendrix 1000hp axles and Kars III. working with Katech to have the short throw revamped (removing 1/4" material on bottom) to clear the shaft. this will keep you from having to put spacers under the tranny brace.
Did you run your KARS III with the stock driveshaft prior to upgrading? The reason I'm asking is because I'm in a situation where I believe my stock driveshaft is causing some low level vibration. I do have a Revshift Flex Disc but it's properly installed so I think the stock driveshaft carrier bearing may be the culprit.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KamaSutra
Did you run your KARS III with the stock driveshaft prior to upgrading? The reason I'm asking is because I'm in a situation where I believe my stock driveshaft is causing some low level vibration. I do have a Revshift Flex Disc but it's properly installed so I think the stock driveshaft carrier bearing may be the culprit.
I know that radeon removed the revshift flex disk due to some similar issues I would ask him for some insight.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KamaSutra
i did not. sorry.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:58 AM
On The Tree

Ordered the dynatech yesterday. On a different note, does anyone have a stock transmission mount that isnt new but isnt completely compressed and still plyable? Or is there a process to soften the now hardened/compressed rubber of my original tranny mount enough to squeeze in a revshift insert? Boil some water and dip it in and spread it?? Calling on thermal dynamic engineers lol.

Quick Reply: G-Force Driveshaft(s)??