Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Show-N-Go Front License Plate

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Show-N-Go Front License Plate

Since I reside in the city of Chicago in the great state of Illinois I am required to have a front plate. It pained me to think that I would have to destroy the look of the V's front end with a FUGLY front license plate. This led me to the Show-N-Go hide away front license plate holder.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

that thing hit that bumper hard on the way up lol
Old 07-11-2013, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't run a crony plate in California. They want people to have them so they have an easy target for the Laser detectors. I don't remember ever getting a ticket for not having one, had tickets or been pulled over for my stereo being too loud, window tint, loud exhaust, speeding of course..m everything but my plate
Old 07-11-2013, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
I don't run a crony plate in California. They want people to have them so they have an easy target for the Laser detectors. I don't remember ever getting a ticket for not having one, had tickets or been pulled over for my stereo being too loud, window tint, loud exhaust, speeding of course..m everything but my plate
Lucky you, I got 3 warning tickets over 2-3 years for not having front plates. Evidently, DPS logs warning tickets because on the 4th stop for plates, the trooper was like "you've been warned enough, here's a ticket". All this was on my Impala too. I had the plate on my dash. Still no go . . .
Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea they want a target for the speed guns. It doesn't work if its in the dash... The lights are a good target too. Cops are such hypocrites... Like they NEVER speed or have too dark of tint, or always run a front plate, come on.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I added a camera to my front plate.

It helps when parking.

G-Force mount, no holes in the facia.
Attached Thumbnails Show-N-Go Front License Plate-dsc_1751-1.jpg  

Last edited by heavymetals; 07-11-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Teching In

just got a ticket here in MN for no front plate...the cop was just looking for a reason to pull me over since he followed me for at least 10 min thru the city..$108 ticket, zip tied it on for now and heading to court next week, no way am I filling the city budget for that
Old 07-11-2013, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got 3 tickets for running no front plate in VA, they said any more would be a misdemeanor, not going to do that. Let me know how that thing works out, looks sweet
Old 07-11-2013, 07:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OK, it's cool and everything, but if a cop pulls you over, then you activate the thing and he goes to take a look, he's gonna be pissed. How do you think an encounter like that would realistically end?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Yea they want a target for the speed guns. It doesn't work if its in the dash... The lights are a good target too. Cops are such hypocrites... Like they NEVER speed or have too dark of tint, or always run a front plate, come on.

?????? You sure about that ????????????

I have been a LEO for over 7 years and the front plate has nothing to do with "speed guns". If its in the state code its in the state code, just gives them an excuse to make a traffic stop. The troopers dont write the state code and most dont bother to enforce silly **** like that. Traffic ****'s might, and the ones that write people for petty **** like that are usually the ones that will write their own mother, so no, they probably arent hypocrites because some of them are strict.

In the police academy they took us out to the parking lot and gave us all one week to fix everything on our personal cars, from tint to suspenion... and they wrote everyone in the class who didnt comply. I had to change over my out of state plates.

Today I got stopped for 16 over.. before I could say a word he had his tint meter on my windows and told me I had no front plate. Some of the troopers make one or two stops a day and load up those cars with as many tickets as they can that way they get actions for the month.

I never wrote anyone for speeding because I drive like a maniac myself. Difference is I am safe. 34 and no accidents.. EVOC trained and the whole nine. Some people need to be stopped since they cant drive worth a ****.. then they crash and the rest of us wait in traffic for 90 minutes.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Teching In

No ticket here in MO. I still won't mount one on the camaro
Old 07-11-2013, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

no ticket in Mo either *knock on wood*, at one point the front bumper was replaced and i just didnt remount the holes.....if i get pulled over, ill just try the ignorant...o bought my car in tx, and it had no place for a plate.....prob wont work but egh.....
Old 07-11-2013, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea 1yakini, I hear ya. I've been in law enforcement too. Maybe California is different. But from what I understand the laser needs to bounce off something. Headlights or, here at least, license plates. Granted I'm a fed and I don't deal with traffic but that's what my chp partners on all the task forces we are part of tell me. Last time I got pulled over and got a tint ticket the cop didn't even use a spectrophotometer. Granted I had 5% tint and it was that or a speeding ticket so I just took it and paid it. I'm not sure about your evoc stuff but mine was a blast. Here ya go, take this car, drive as fast as possible, try not to kill yourself... Lol I had a Vic in a full drift at like 85, man my ******* was puckered up so bad I didn't **** right for a week haha. Those poor training cars are so beat to death.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

Yea 1yakini, I hear ya. I've been in law enforcement too. Maybe California is different. But from what I understand the laser needs to bounce off something. Headlights or, here at least, license plates. Granted I'm a fed and I don't deal with traffic but that's what my chp partners on all the task forces we are part of tell me. Last time I got pulled over and got a tint ticket the cop didn't even use a spectrophotometer. Granted I had 5% tint and it was that or a speeding ticket so I just took it and paid it. I'm not sure about your evoc stuff but mine was a blast. Here ya go, take this car, drive as fast as possible, try not to kill yourself... Lol I had a Vic in a full drift at like 85, man my ******* was puckered up so bad I didn't **** right for a week haha. Those poor training cars are so beat to death.
Hahaha wait... you are a fed? Now thats funny since you said what you said. Im federal too now, dont work the street anymore. I just get blown when I see people criticize everything police do. Sometimes its deserved but most of the time its just the general populous being clueless to the job. Its true, the guns laser reflects off of flat surfaces, but there are plenty of those with or without a plate. Some states dont require the front and still run radar. Like I was saying, if its in the state code it gets you pc for a traffic stop thats all. In Va you arent allowed to have any obstructions from your mirror, no obstructions in your windows etc. So people with stickers on their rear windows can get pulled, hanging from the rearview too... someone that knows the codes can pull over almost any car for something.

Im not sure how you got written if you are a fed.. I dont get tickets. Part of the perks of the badge Works well since I drive the way I do.

Originally Posted by jcollege
I got 3 tickets for running no front plate in VA, they said any more would be a misdemeanor, not going to do that. Let me know how that thing works out, looks sweet
Damn man.. where do you live.. fairfax?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:33 AM
11 Second Club

sweet idea.. if you have to run a front plate
Old 07-12-2013, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Went thru a dwi check in nyc last Saturday night ( I was 100% sober). The good looking female said nothing about the plate that was down thankfully and i was on my way after a lil small talk. Be careful w/ flatbeds, the plate frames don't like them lol.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1yakini
Damn man.. where do you live.. fairfax?
Centreville...Fairfax County, 2 tickets were from Fairfax County, the other was a State Trooper.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DACTARI
OK, it's cool and everything, but if a cop pulls you over, then you activate the thing and he goes to take a look, he's gonna be pissed. How do you think an encounter like that would realistically end?
That will be their problem; I will have a properly displayed plate. In reality this is strictly for when I would be parked on public roads. I am not overly concerned with getting pulled over while driving for not having a front plate.

Originally Posted by fengstang
that thing hit that bumper hard on the way up lol
Upon further inspection...it actually hits the mount that it is on; not the bumper
Old 07-12-2013, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1yakini
Hahaha wait... you are a fed? Now thats funny since you said what you said. Im federal too now, dont work the street anymore. I just get blown when I see people criticize everything police do. Sometimes its deserved but most of the time its just the general populous being clueless to the job. Its true, the guns laser reflects off of flat surfaces, but there are plenty of those with or without a plate. Some states dont require the front and still run radar. Like I was saying, if its in the state code it gets you pc for a traffic stop thats all. In Va you arent allowed to have any obstructions from your mirror, no obstructions in your windows etc. So people with stickers on their rear windows can get pulled, hanging from the rearview too... someone that knows the codes can pull over almost any car for something.

Im not sure how you got written if you are a fed.. I dont get tickets. Part of the perks of the badge Works well since I drive the way I do.
I wasn't going to argue... He was a dick so I wasn't going to push my luck. I get annoyed when cops are ******** for no reason. Granted on the job I can be a bigger dick than anyone, but I won't unless someone thinks they are going to try and test it. I will return in kind so to speak. Besides, I was doing like 90 in a 65 on the way to court to testify in a case so I wasn't going to challenge him on his stop right then and make him keep me any longer lol. He got me fair and square, I'll take my lumps when they come. I don't badge my way out of stuff usually, unless its something petty like rolling a stop sign or something lame like that.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Will this work on a V1 caddy? If so were you get one at?

Quick Reply: Show-N-Go Front License Plate