Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What did you do to your V today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should be a sticky thread of 1st must mods and repairs for V1.

I'm wondering has anyone rigged there factory radio with an rca/aux cables so they can listen to music from there phone? I don't have XM and I don't like the quality from this radio but cd's seem to sound way better.

2nd is it worth getting a tune if the car is stock?

3rd I was thinking of skipping getting any exhaust and wondering if some electric cutouts would make good power?

Is there a different forum I should look out for used parts?
I want a short throw cause stock is rough, plus I need an ls7 clutch kit to fix my trans/slave cylinder noise.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I removed the factory HU and single DIN stack for this single DIN and tablet combo. It gives me disc, disc changer, IPod, USB, Bluetooth, and radio all with steering wheel control. It also allows simultaneous Bluetooth connection to my OBD dongle for monitoring via torque.

I also rerouted blower intercooler piping but no pics yet.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:14 AM
Launching!

Very sharp looking man.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mind sharing? I hate the factory radio and it maybe time for it to go..I have a 7in tablet that would look pretty slick similar to yours.

Also, just for sake of the thread.. I detailed the car and took her for a ride.. that damn grey around the headlights is going to have to go.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mind sharing?
Not at all. What is your question?
Old 04-13-2015, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol at first it was what kit did you get but now that im off mobile i can read your deck and mount and it doesn't look like any kit ..am i mistaken or is it just a single din and a phablet mount?
Old 04-13-2015, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The kit is a Metra for the CTS. It can be configured either as a single DIN with pocket or double DIN. If you are using a 7" tablet you may want to go with the double DIN and permanently mount the tablet.

My tablet is a 8.4" Galaxy so it would take a good bit of modification to get it to mount permanently and cleanly in the dash. I wanted to keep an Alpine deck so that the control for my DVD changer and all other inputs was a little cleaner. This also facilitates keeping steering wheel controls. I also wanted to keep the tablet removable so I can take it with me on my boat and use when not in the car. The Tasker App keeps everything straight running profiles dedicated to the car, boat, and general use.

I am running the OBDLink MX Bluetooth for OBD ii monitoring. I typically run the tablet audio bluetooth (simultaneous with the ODB dongle) but I do have a hard wired connection for long trips where I want a little more fidelity (of course that is really what the DVD changer is for, and the IPOD, and the USB stick). The next thing i need to do is write some code that will take this data and convert it into something that the hptuners scanner software can read.

The tablet auto connects with my phone once I get into the car. The phone provides internet connectivity. This is also done through a Tasker profile so i don't have to hit any buttons or anything. All automatic.

The tablet also controls the GoPro mounted below the rear view. My GoPro does not have the integrated LCD so the tablet provides the pre-view image. I will be trying to integrate this with Torque's track recorder...

The tablet is powered via an anker IQ charger (emulates the AC fast charging feature). All torque logs are automatically uploaded to my home server when I pull into the garage (another tasker enabled setup).

All of this is fed into a couple of behringer processors in the trunk that have ben modified for 12v use. This is the nicest setup I have had in any car (and I have had a few over the last couple of decades)
Old 04-13-2015, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ that sounds slick as hell..i wish I could see it in person...well done sir.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

Looks great! Any side shots?

Originally Posted by Becker
mind sharing? I hate the factory radio and it maybe time for it to go..I have a 7in tablet that would look pretty slick similar to yours.

Also, just for sake of the thread.. I detailed the car and took her for a ride.. that damn grey around the headlights is going to have to go.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Got my car back from the body shop last Friday after getting the nose fixed - new bumper, new passenger fender, new passenger headlight. Yesterday I jacked the front end up and pulled the fender liners and radiator underpanel so I could re-install them properly, since the shop hadn't put them on correctly.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Yesterday I jacked the front end up and pulled the fender liners and radiator underpanel so I could re-install them properly, since the shop hadn't put them on correctly.
Ah yes, the dreaded punch list from the body shop that's easier to fix yourself. Been there.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just need to paint my headlights
Old 04-16-2015, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just can't stop looking at my steering wheel so I figured I'd post the pictures in this thread too!

Old 04-16-2015, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fweasel
Just can't stop looking at my steering wheel so I figured I'd post the pictures in this thread too!

Looks awesome!!!

What did that cost?
Old 04-22-2015, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by actrite80
Got mine back from the body shop

More Pics!!

Old 04-22-2015, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
Looks awesome!!!

What did that cost?
It's 3M Dinoc vinyl tape.

You can buy it by the foot for ~$12-14/square foot. I'd imagine you'd need two square feet to do the wheel and shifter bezel.

I used 1 sq ft when I did my shifter bezel to cover up the peeling crap paint that gm used.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:18 AM
Teching In

I finally got around to replacing the steering wheel position sensor last weekend. I'd been getting the "Stability Engaged" message on the highway 2 or 3 times a day with it engaging the brakes. Finally got fed up and decided to install the new SWPS I'd had sitting on a shelf in the garage for over a year.

Looks like that was the culprit, as I haven't had the stability kick in all week. The install wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, but I don't think I would want to attempt it without a second person to help.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fweasel

How did the steering wheel come apart?
Old 04-23-2015, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

This isn't really something I did to the V, but it's a little garage art I made from a recycled part out of the V's transmission. I managed to shear the lugs on this countershaft so I decided to turn it into some cool to look at. It's set on ball bearings that I removed the seals on and cleaned all the grease out so they spin a lot easier. Just coated them with some light machine oil. A guy from work made the base since I'm not good with wood projects.

Name:  99BFEB97-1D36-44CD-865D-C160077EF8A3.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  163.9 KB
Old 04-24-2015, 05:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by raven154
This isn't really something I did to the V, but it's a little garage art I made from a recycled part out of the V's transmission. I managed to shear the lugs on this countershaft so I decided to turn it into some cool to look at. It's set on ball bearings that I removed the seals on and cleaned all the grease out so they spin a lot easier. Just coated them with some light machine oil. A guy from work made the base since I'm not good with wood projects.

Looks great man!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your V today?