Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

The Red Beast gets dyno'ed again! 1,029BHP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow a supra motor in a 69 camaro
Old 11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by z2fast8
ok the i6 camaro is fast. ls1 cars are fast. supras go fast. corvettes go fast. what in the hell is everyone mad about? who cars were it was made or what parts are stock all cars are just metal plastic and rubber when you get down to it. so who cars who built it or were it came from, if it looks cool and go's fast its good in my book. and yea i've rode in high hp turbo 4bangers and blown bigblocks, speed is speed however you get it.
Nicely worded!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Clearly me mocking your logic went over your head.
Just because no "stock bodied" American car has gone (tried to go) 241mph in the texas mile doesn't mean its not possible.

It's Garth Weaver's car, with a stock T56.
http://www.turbomagazine.com/feature...ged/index.html

many american cars tried to go that fast, they just cant get up that fast in a mile!!!!!!!! have you been to the Texas mile see how many american cars are out there trying to hit 200mph..most dont have enough gearings to go that fast! and their trannies cant hold the power to even hit that speed!!!!

so you are telling me a stock t56 can hold 1500hp?? you believe everything you read?? LOL
Old 11-03-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if were just gunna say american cars. then arent funny cars american and they do more than that in the quarter. pointless argument fellas
Old 11-04-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300
many american cars tried to go that fast, they just cant get up that fast in a mile!!!!!!!! have you been to the Texas mile see how many american cars are out there trying to hit 200mph..most dont have enough gearings to go that fast! and their trannies cant hold the power to even hit that speed!!!!
Really? So you personally talked to all of them, and they all said "I want to go over 200mph, but can't." Or is it they just want to take their street car to have some legal fun running a standing mile?
Don't be such a closed minded idiot.
If you really want to be picky now, why don't we compare stock production cars in the standing mile?

so you are telling me a stock t56 can hold 1500hp?? you believe everything you read?? LOL
I love the irony in this quote...
So you believe that every 8 second supra has a stock transmission?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Launching!

fine then u want 2 go that route.

stock ls1 fbody vs supra= ls1 dumdumdum

stock ls1 vette vs supra= ls1 dumdumdum

stock ls2 gto vs supra= ls2 dumdumdum

ls1 gto vs supra= ls1 dumdumdum

ls2 vette vs supra= supra getting *** raped

ls9 vette vs supra = lol at u

ls7 vette vs supra = i need 4 more turbos lmao

so since u say stock trannys lets talk about stock everything.but ur right are cars rearend break and tranies too but they cost no where near as much *** a big *** turbo so we can be fast all we need is a cam and ur long gone and looking 2 buy 2 huge turbos lol.

oh and look at our turbo ls1s supras cant even hang with more psi and meth injection lmao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS6cPf39ntU

Last edited by ls1passion; 11-04-2008 at 09:33 AM. Reason: misspelled everything lol
Old 11-04-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love how Supra guys forget when the previous Gen Supra was a turd the GN ruled the streets with its turbo 6. There have been GN's in the 7's for many years.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by evsmotors
Every manufacturer in the world should be blasted if this is the case. I have no idea who defined ricer math or what it is! lol Every car in the world is rated at engine HP and on the dynos they are all 17-25% drivetrain loss, depending on if its awd, rwd, fwd, automatic or manual. Everyone knows there is drivetrain loss and its no mystery when calculating engine hp. Nothing was hidden from anyone, if you don't know the difference between a RWHP Dyno Graph and BHP than they just need to be educated. Someone that knows about dynos won't make a big deal out of nothing. Just to let everyone know all the Camaros we have built are 99.9% all V8s (this is the first non V8), so don't try to say something stupid crap like Ricer Math because we work and have owned more domestics than all the ones talking trash here. So take your stereotypes and throw it all away.
I was just breaking down what he meant by using "ricer math" I am not hating I think the car is SICK regardless of what engine is in it. The point he was trying to make is yes, manufactures rate the horsepower at the flywheel BUT. In order to get that number they dyno it at the flywheel, they dont dyno them at the wheels and figure a 20% increase or whatever.

I realize that drive train loss is usually between 15-25%. I think the issue now-a-days is most car people like us all talk about our horsepower in RWHP fashion. So you stating 1K + hp I think people automatically assume that is RWHP. If you were talking to a non-car person then it might be different giving the "Estimated" flywheel numbers because they wouldn't understand the difference between BHP and RWHP.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1passion
fine then u want 2 go that route.

stock ls1 fbody vs supra= ls1 dumdumdum

stock ls1 vette vs supra= ls1 dumdumdum

stock ls2 gto vs supra= ls2 dumdumdum

ls1 gto vs supra= ls1 dumdumdum

ls2 vette vs supra= supra getting *** raped

ls9 vette vs supra = lol at u

ls7 vette vs supra = i need 4 more turbos lmao

so since u say stock trannys lets talk about stock everything.but ur right are cars rearend break and tranies too but they cost no where near as much *** a big *** turbo so we can be fast all we need is a cam and ur long gone and looking 2 buy 2 huge turbos lol.

oh and look at our turbo ls1s supras cant even hang with more psi and meth injection lmao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS6cPf39ntU
this is so ******* dumb!!!!!!!

if you're going to compare stock to stock,then name some cars that were made in 1993..because thats when supras were built!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Really? So you personally talked to all of them, and they all said "I want to go over 200mph, but can't." Or is it they just want to take their street car to have some legal fun running a standing mile?
Don't be such a closed minded idiot.
If you really want to be picky now, why don't we compare stock production cars in the standing mile?

I love the irony in this quote...
So you believe that every 8 second supra has a stock transmission?

lol ..name calling....
Old 11-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Launching!

this is so ******* dumb!!!!!!!

if you're going to compare stock to stock,then name some cars that were made in 1993..because thats when supras were built!!!!!!!
1998 camaro ls1 vs 1998 supra = shut up!!!!

and its not our fault supras didnt change at all so there u go year by year.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

1998 camaro ls1 vs 1998 supra = shut up!!!!

and its not our fault supras didnt change at all so there u go year by year.

so you want to line one up????????

if not shut the **** up!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1FASTBIRD
DUDE you are getting all crazy over nothing... If don't like what other's say about the damn Supra then go to a Supra site and feel at home there. Man you are making it sound like the almighty Supra is the badess car on the planet.. WHO give's a **** if it can go 250MPH...
sc300,

I guess I will have to bump this to the top for you to read.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Launching!

oh !!!! u sound so tuff lol at u

its not my fault i proved 2 u that lsx motors are the world leaders even though u have a vette u attack everyone on this forum viciously 4 actually having there own opinions well guess what buddy u can go swing on supra nuts on the ******* supra forums

here ur paradise by u wont be missed u ******* retard

www.supraforums.com swing away:swi ng:: sack:
Old 11-04-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

No DUDE you need to SHUT THE **** UP
Old 11-04-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh !!!! u sound so tuff lol at u

its not my fault i proved 2 u that lsx motors are the world leaders even though u have a vette u attack everyone on this forum viciously 4 actually having there own opinions well guess what buddy u can go swing on supra nuts on the ******* supra forums

here ur paradise by u wont be missed u ******* retard

www.supraforums.com swing away:swi ng:: sack:

Bro don't waist your breath anymore... This TOOL need's to get out of this site and go on his knee's at the Supra Forums since they are almighty ride
Old 11-04-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol. Didn't take long for the 2JZ leghumpers to show up.....

As for my experience building muscle cars. There is a nice thread in the Lounge with a nice list of cars that I have built. The cream being the '71 Chevelle SS clone I built (502 crate with a Weiand 8-71.....). Starting a rat rod daily driver project in spring, just after I finish restomodding the '98 in my sig. Won't even mention the '79 Z28 clone...oops, just did.

As for makers quoting flywheel hp when they sell a car....they ACTUALLY put the engine on a dyno and THEN quote that.

But, the 2JZ leghumpers are more than welcome to continue to try and attack me because I called out someone on posting dribble.

The internet. Serious business.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is sad that the poor man comes onto our site with oni of our cars(although modified to his liking) and y'all are giving him hell for it. All you have to say is...

Nice work man, that's not how I would have done it but that is definitely a unique build!

It's his car he can do whatever he wants to with it... Get over it. Be more mature than some inconsiderate child.

As for the numbers, If you have a dyno run that make 800RWHP just be proud that you car made 800RWHP don't think your going to make it sound better by saying 1000+BHP.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
It is sad that the poor man comes onto our site with oni of our cars(although modified to his liking) and y'all are giving him hell for it. All you have to say is...

Nice work man, that's not how I would have done it but that is definitely a unique build!

It's his car he can do whatever he wants to with it... Get over it. Be more mature than some inconsiderate child.

As for the numbers, If you have a dyno run that make 800RWHP just be proud that you car made 800RWHP don't think your going to make it sound better by saying 1000+BHP.
this wasnt with him i honestly like the car its just 300sc trying be a internet warrior with everyone that gets me angry. op ur welcome 2 stay here but 300sc get the **** out asswipe!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

It all comes down to tokoyo drift lol

Quick Reply: The Red Beast gets dyno'ed again! 1,029BHP!