Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Bad" ebay deal...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "Bad" ebay deal...

Hi guys. I just received my 99 LS1 + T56 to Finland. Engine was bought from ebey 3-4 months ago from a salvage yard in California. It was first to shiped to Florida where it was inspected. It was missing several parts what was promised to be included the deal. And also PS Pump pulley and reservoir was broken. Seller promised send the broken and missing parts but now itīs been 3 monts and no parts, no contact. So, I guess I have to start gathering missing and broken parts together that I can star my project. Engine and trany is going to 70 Camaro. If you could help me out about the part numbers I would appreciate that a lot.

List of needed parts:

1. PS Pump Pulley. GM#=12559885 Correct??
2. PS Pump Reservoir. GM#=???????
3. Clutch MasterCylinder, Reservoir and Hose. I already managed to get those from ebay 2 days ago. Do you think I can reuse the hose or should I buy new one. How does it connect to the SlaveCylinder?? Orginal one was cut right outside the transmission case.
4. O2 Sensors. I just managed to get 3 used ones from ebay. They are from 2000 model. Hope they are not broken.
5. IAT Sensor. GM#=????? Does LT1 engine use same kind of sensor?? I was checking out Jegs catalog and they have "IAT relocator kit 561-61630" for LT1 engine. That would be perfect for me.
6. Spark Plug Wires. Few were missing. I was thinking to buy MSD Wires from Jegs.
7. Serpentine Belt. GM#=???
8. And the engine didnīt have cats on it so I have to make own exhaust pipe plates.

Well, maybe that will get me somewhere. Iīm sure I will have tons of guestions later on when I get my swap started. Okey, I have already found the answer for most of them from the board, so thanks to everybody who is sharing their knowledge.

Mika
Old 12-18-2003, 01:20 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Doesn't e-bay fix this stuff?
Old 12-18-2003, 06:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Contact Valvegod to get the parts you are missing.. he hooked me up good and you dont need no stinking part numbers

Also, he has GREAT prices on this stuff.. and his service is top notch..
Old 12-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Would you like to share the ebay seller's name with us?
Old 12-18-2003, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

What was the feedback rating on the guy that sold you the engine/tranny ?
Oh yeah and please let us know his ID so we do not have to go through the same stuff that you did.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

The clutch master cyl from the LS1 will be hard to fit in the older camaro, but the good thing is that you got the fitting, and hopefully enough hose that you can go to a hydraulic shop and lengthen the hose and put on suited threaded fittings to adapt to a Wilwood 7/8" master cyl that you can buy in the Jegs catalog for $60 American bucks. This is better suited for your installation, it is much more adjustable. It is a Quick disconnect fitting and you remove it by pushing in on the plastic ring and pulling out the fitting, like a fuel fitting.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,008 Posts

Be sure and do a leak down test on this motor BEFORE it goes in your car.

I bought a similar engine for my RS...and it turned out the leak down was bad..42 in one cylinder and 35 in adjacent one. In other words, my motor will have to be re-ringed before it can be used.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies.

The engine was bought from The Parts Exchange.com. They have very good ratings. The ebay deal and shipping to Finland was handeled by one Finnish agent in Florida. I took almost 1 month till he recived the engine. He informed the seller about missing and broken parts and they promised taken care everything like next day. Well, after two months waiting nothing. No reply for emails or phone calls. Until now!? Now someone called from there and said that they will look into it. So, maybe there is light end of the tunnel, heh. Anyway, I allready spend 140 bucks for the parts what they should send to me.

We did contact the ebay and they said: "In reviewing item xxxxxxx, I found that this listing ended over 60
days ago. A Fraud Alert can only be filed online with eBay between 30
and 60 days from the end of the listing. Although you will be unable to
file a Fraud Alert in this situation, if your other attempts to resolve
the matter do not work out, you can file a Protection Claim within 90
days of the listing close. Under the eBay Buyer Protection Program, most
items on eBay are covered for up to $200 (minus $25 to cover processing
costs)."

Otherwise the engine and tranny looked nice. It sits in my friendīs garage and we took apart every accessories and tranny from the engine last weekend. Everything looks good. But like Black Bird suggesed I will do the leak down test before final instalment.

About the parts. Any help for there?? Has anyone used this kind of IAT Kit? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ory=33557&rd=1

Oh, and about the LS1 clutch Master I should be fine with it. Or what you think? I have seen tons of pictures how people have use it on 1st and 2nd Gens. Just little fabricating...
Old 12-19-2003, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey man I got alot of the parts you might need...PM me or email me at prietojr@hotmail.com so maybe we can come up with some kinda deal that helps your project come around a little bit better

thanks,
Rick

ps. I have MANY good seller refferences of fof this forum and many others...
Old 12-20-2003, 08:14 AM
Launchin It!

Most of the stuff you mentioned can be bought at GMdirect or other online vendors. Are find someone youo trust here to order the parts and send them to finland.

The air temp sensor can be bypassed with a resistor and the hose to the clutch throw out bearing just pops in and out. Use a pair of needle nose pliers to push the white retainer in and at the same time pull the hose out. The new one just pushes in.

FYI-I guesstomate that 25% of all my ebay purchases go bad or I do not get what I bid on.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,008 Posts

I think my experience and Mika's makes a real good argument to just buy a driveline from SpearTech to avoid the hassles & issues that can come up otherwise.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:11 AM
Teching In

Yes, Iīm going to buy most of the parts from GmDirect.com if I donīt get them cheaper from anywhere. Thatīs why I need GM part numbers. For example I canīt find PS Pump Reservoir number from their site.

What kind of resistor should I use if I bypass the IAT sensor? Is there any drawbacks if I do that? I donīt mind to buy relocation kit if it is better option.

I think, on many ebay deals you donīt get exactly what you should, is bacause different people make bussines in office behind the computer and phone. And then there are different guys who actually pull down the parts what you have bought. The guy who is selling the engine or part for you probably havenīt even seen the stuff what he is selling. You know what I mean.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=Mika]Yes, Iīm going to buy most of the parts from GmDirect.com if I donīt get them cheaper from anywhere. Thatīs why I need GM part numbers. For example I canīt find PS Pump Reservoir number from their site.

I always call my local Chevy dealer and get his price and part number, then I just order it online from gmpartsdirect.com. They can't order it unless you come down and pay for it with a credit card. So, I just ask for the part number so that he doesn't have to look it up again when I come in. I just never come in.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Pulley part# 12559885
Reservoir part # 26068934

These part numbers are for an F-body LS1
I just bought both of these items from the dealership and these are the part numbers that are on the boxes.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:33 AM
Teching In

Thankīs 99LS1 TA. I will use those numbers when I place the order.

Any help with that IAT sensor. Should I use one and relocate it or should I use resistor? And what kind of resistor will work? Any opinions?

Happy Holydays to everybody
Old 12-25-2003, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

Default Resistor

You need a 4.7k-ohm 1/2 watt resistor. That will make the computer think incoming air temp is 55.
Old 12-27-2003, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Heh, maybe I still stick with the idea of use orginal IAT Sensor. You know, temperature is so offen under 55 in here that maybe I will benefit more orginal sensor than resistor
Old 06-02-2010, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

ah yes Ebay
Old 06-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by projectX
ah yes Ebay
bumping a 6+ year old thread for that...
Old 06-02-2010, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by nissan 570sx
bumping a 6+ year old thread for that...
it just gets worse and worse

Quick Reply: "Bad" ebay deal...