Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 into 67 camaro - who's done it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 into 67 camaro - who's done it?

I've been searching all over this site and keep finding all sorts of different/non specific or i heard it would work, but haven't done it info on this situation. I'm looking at putting a 5.3/4l60E into my 67 Camaro with a regular non-cowl hood, stock steering, and I'd like to get the AC working also. Who's done it, and what did it take to get it in there? I'm looking for specifics such as; did you use the truck intake/accessories or switch them out, what mounts did you use, which headers etc.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by flyinsquirel
I've been searching all over this site and keep finding all sorts of different/non specific or i heard it would work, but haven't done it info on this situation. I'm looking at putting a 5.3/4l60E into my 67 Camaro with a regular non-cowl hood, stock steering, and I'd like to get the AC working also. Who's done it, and what did it take to get it in there? I'm looking for specifics such as; did you use the truck intake/accessories or switch them out, what mounts did you use, which headers etc.

Thanks in advance
mounts/ headers will be the same as an LS1 so any of those threads will work. I'm wrapping up my ls1/4l60 into my 67 camaro, see my thread and also 67rsss's thread about his swap was very helpful. I has the acc drive from the f car as well as the ls1 intake, so I dont know about the truck parts
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ap-thread.html
Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Ya, i've seen those ones, but I'm looking more for specific information as to wether or not you were able to use the stock intake from the 5.3, or if the alternator cleared the hood, etc. using the stock truck accessory mounts. 5.3's are so easy to find and much cheaper than a LS1.

Anyone with a 5.3 in their first generation Camaro that did not swap over to F-body/Corvette accessories?
Old 02-13-2010, 04:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i didnt use fbody accessories i used the ones from kwikperf.com which is very similar to the truck accessories and it looks like it will clear fine. used s&p style mounts with hooker lt headers (will not clear stock steering box without very slight modification) hooker makes a mount that will make it work but puts the engine back like another inch. call s&p or go to hotrodlane.cc they got a couple writeups on there too. by far the 67rss post is the best one its helped me most of the way through mine so far
Old 02-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Launching!

this guy used truck acc... but he went carbed...but if that carb manifold fits I bet a truck efi intake would, I have lots of room between the hood and my Ls1 intake
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...3-w-th350.html
Old 02-16-2010, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

I used a carb and F-body accessories on my swap and it clears the stock, flat hood fine. No AC though.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

DGGM WX3, which oil pan & motor mounts did you use?

So it looks like I can retain the truck intake and still clear the hood. I'll probably have to do something about the alternator & the ac though.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by flyinsquirel
DGGM WX3, which oil pan & motor mounts did you use?

So it looks like I can retain the truck intake and still clear the hood. I'll probably have to do something about the alternator & the ac though.

Thanks
Car Shop Inc adapters (0 set back), "tall and wide" frame stands and motor mounts, and a notched F-body pan

Quick Reply: 5.3 into 67 camaro - who's done it?