Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autokraft Group Purchase??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autokraft Group Purchase??

In the coming weeks I plan on buying an oil pan for my 5.3/4L80E swap into my 87 MCSS and plan on buying the Autokraft pan.

Thought I would see if anyone else is planning on buying this pan in the near future and may want to get a group together to hopefully get a price discount on the pan. I am not sure if Autokraft will even give a group rate but thought I would gauge interest in a group purchase before I look into it further.

-Mike
Old 02-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up

I would be interested in this also.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Teching In

Link to this pan?
Old 02-17-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Regular

Here are some links FireFox05. The top one is the autokraft pan I mention in my first post. The second one is what I believe to be the same product from Matt at Sommers Racing. (I appologize in advance to the moderators if I am not allowed to post these links as per board rules I may not have read/understood)

http://www.autokraft.org/products/

http://www.sommersracing.net/Catalog-LSX_36.aspx

Anyway Matt at Sommers says that they will offer us a group rate...if the pans are indeed the same, the leg work is now done and we just have to get a bunch of people to buy them up.

Mike
Old 02-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Launching!

It matters on the discount, I may be interested. I had been looking at the retrolsx pan, but for the right price I will consider others. Does this require remote filter?
Old 02-17-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

billsnogo: This pan has a filter adapter that mounts right to the pan, so it is just like the stock oil pans with no need to mount a remote filter elsewhere.

Matt at Sommers Racing says that if we get more than 4 people together he is willing to sell us the steel pan kit (pan, filter adapter, pickup tube) for $355 or the aluminum pan kit for $580 both prices do not include shipping and handling. When I saw that steel pan on the website I immediately thought it would be better than the aluminum because it is stamped so there are no welds to possibly leak or crack.

Mike
Old 02-17-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

id do 355$, PM me the info to who/where to send the $$
Old 02-17-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'M IN! i actually just called them today, they told me they are back ordered for 1-2 weeks. just let me know details... $355 is better then $399!!!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jasonsnova
$355 is better then $399!!!!!
Couldn't have said it better myself

I will be working out the details with Sommers in the coming days. This will give more people time to find the thread and maybe get in on it. If everyone who said they are in are really in, we have the amount of people needed for the group rate. I'd say mid to early next week is when the buying will happen just have to work out the details.

Thanks for the support!!

Mike
Old 02-18-2010, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

I'm torn on whether I should get an autocraft pan, or an f-body pan for my 69 Chevelle. I've seen where people can get the f-body pan to fit without modification, and I'm thinking if anything else I can cut the crossmember a little to make it fit. My biggest beef with this autocraft pan is it looks like the front is as tall as the truck pans. Is that the case? I need clearance for the tie rod ends, if the front is 1/2" shorter than the truck pan, I should be safe. I cannot find an f-body pan locally so Id have to get everything new... which is about $350, so I could go either way. Any advice?

I am also considering this group buy if I think it will fit.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question

Sommersracing, what pan are you offering the discount on? When I go the link posted above there is more than one (steel, aluminum and the moroso one). Do you have the champs/autokraft one? Please PM me the details. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm intersted. Let me know the details.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

Claytonisbob: Hopefully someone with a Chevelle chimes in on your dilemma because I am unfamiliar with your chassis. The sticky at the top of the page has a whole bunch of different oil pans but I think they left out the measurement of the depth of the front of the Autokraft pan but it might be worth going through the sticky for extra info., there is like 5 pages of posts so there might be something in there for you.

130fe: if you go to the last page of Sommers' products there is a steel pan kit listed. He originally listed the pan separate from the pickup and adapter but due to my confusion on prices he wrapped it all up into a kit (pan, pickup, adapter) for $400. The discount we would get is the same kit with the stamped steel pan for $355+s/h. The aluminum one is also available to us for $580. Apparently all of these companies get the pans from the producer so the pan from Champs should be exactly the same as from Autokraft and Sommers.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Please let me know the deadline. I am leaning towards getting one for my nova, but have a question from another vendor that needs answering, and if no answer by deadline, I am in on this.
thanks
Old 02-19-2010, 06:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Talking

have credit card waiting.....
Old 02-19-2010, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Yes, I have looked through as much fo that sticky as I could and I didn't see that measurement taken. I'd imagine it should be decent clearance as their engine mount is about the same as the one I'm using. I could always cut this pan a bit and weld it myself (can't do that with an aluminum pan) if it needed a little more clearance.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

Ok ladies and gentlemen the deal is done!

These are the instructions Matt sent to me PM.

"To order you can call me at 727-375-4737 or use the web site and enter a coupon code LS1TECH. It will be 2 weeks before I can get any more pans. Have every one that wants one send me an email at matt@sommersracing.net and I will let them know when there in and ready for shipping. Thanks Matt"

Buy them up while the gettin' is good, this deal won't last forever! Time frame for the discounted price is a few weeks, when I make sure Matt wants to use the date he sent me I will post it up so there is a definite end date to schedule your purchase by.

Thanks to all who participate in this purchase, when we all team up, everyone saves money.

Mike
Old 02-19-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

If you guys want to buy online wait until next week. I just tried to order mine off the website and something is wrond with the promo code...it ends up with a -$3,000 balance and the paypal service the shop uses doesn't like that very much and rejects the order. I just spoke with Matt about the issue and he said he will clear it up by tomorrow afternoon. Phone orders will work but I don't know if the shop is open on the weekends.

Also the deadline for when the sale will end is March 31, 2010. That is about 5 weeks so hopefully we can save a bunch of people some money on this pan.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by spacemanspif
If you guys want to buy online wait until next week. I just tried to order mine off the website and something is wrond with the promo code...it ends up with a -$3,000 balance and the paypal service the shop uses doesn't like that very much and rejects the order. I just spoke with Matt about the issue and he said he will clear it up by tomorrow afternoon. Phone orders will work but I don't know if the shop is open on the weekends.

Also the deadline for when the sale will end is March 31, 2010. That is about 5 weeks so hopefully we can save a bunch of people some money on this pan.
Thank you, you just did us a favor and put in the leg work to save us some $$
Old 02-19-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

i called matt tonight he told me to email him to add me to the list...

Quick Reply: Autokraft Group Purchase??