Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new mast motorsports oil pan ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by scatillac
67 Camaro w/unisteer rack. The motor is ready to install now, but with a Moroso pan. This pan clears the full-length windage tray that is spaced .110 " for rod clearance. It does require a remote filter, but since I was already planning on an oil cooler (and have a high-volume pump installed), adding a filter to the plumbing is not an issue.

I'd rather an alloy pan (the Mast pan)for the structural reasons, but as yet, there are too many unanswered questions for me to consider it now.
I understand the structural reasoning. If you want a standard location oil filter pan, how about the AutoWorks pan? I admit, I don't know anything about Camaro pan challenges, but the Autoworks pan is a nice piece although it is a sheet metal pan.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any word on whether or not they started shipping yet??? I only ordered mine recently, but still need it yesterday (of course).
Tom

Last edited by tommycomfort; 02-09-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: poor grammer...
Old 02-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by tommycomfort
Any word on whether or not they started shipping yet??? I only order mine recently, but still need it yesterday (of course).
Tom
X2. It is time for our Friday update. Let's hear it Chris!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

67 Camaro w/unisteer rack. The motor is ready to install now, but with a Moroso pan. This pan clears the full-length windage tray that is spaced .110 " for rod clearance. It does require a remote filter, but since I was already planning on an oil cooler (and have a high-volume pump installed), adding a filter to the plumbing is not an issue.

I'd rather an alloy pan (the Mast pan)for the structural reasons, but as yet, there are too many unanswered questions for me to consider it now.
Carl, you have the same setup as me. I'm wondering if this pan will clear my Unisteer unit. It now has an LH8 pan and I think the front of the sump is about 13" from the front. This new pan is 12.21". Dang! I hope I'm wrong. I don't know if I want to relocate the motor back some more. If I do, at least the driveshaft hasn't been made yet.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

When will they make these pans to fit a 68-73 Nova?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Teching In

All the pans/covers on the Gen 3/4 motors are cast as they are considered as structural components by the design engineers. This, combined with the new gasket design should also serve to decrease the probability of leakage.

Looking through the Mast site, I still see no information as to clearance for a longer (4") stroke. The info says that most stock windage trays will clear but since the stock trays have to have spacers added (~.1") to clear the stroker rod bolts by the required amount, the pan to windage tray clearance is still an issue to me.
I see a lot of people mentioning the structural aspect of the aluminum pan, but this one is not bolted to the trans bellhousing just like the steel ones, so the only possible structural advantage is with the engine block itself. The only one I've seen that does bolt to the trans too it the Holley one, and it's still months out. I'd like to have a pan option now, but a modified F body pan is the only one that does everything I need it to do.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

So, I'm guessing that no news on whether or not they are shipping is bad news in this case?
Tom
Old 02-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Old School Heavy

I am kind of surprised that Chris did not post this here to let everyone know. But, anyhoo here is what today's update email said:

I finally received word that the pans have moved from Michigan and are head this way! Last report showed them in Indiana. Depending on what the Arctic blast, that Dallas is getting hit with at this time, does we should have them tomorrow. As soon as we get them we will have all hands on deck to assemble and ship the pans. Thank you for your continued faith and patience!

Thank You,

Chris Durrett
Old 02-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by speedtigger
I am kind of surprised that Chris did not post this here to let everyone know. But, anyhoo here is what today's update email said:
Awesome, I take that as good news!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Has the fit of that pan to the early Gm A-body (eg 67 chevelle) been confirmed ? Those small bulges at the pan rail near the front are in the exact area where the Tie-rods conflict.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gjestico
Has the fit of that pan to the early Gm A-body (eg 67 chevelle) been confirmed ? Those small bulges at the pan rail near the front are in the exact area where the Tie-rods conflict.
I'll confirm it on our 66 Chevelle as soon as it gets here!
Tom
Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gjestico
I will post pics when I fit it in my 64, hopefully within a week.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I mention it because I have just modified an F-body pan to clear the linkage in that area on a chevelle. The Mast pan looks biased towards the First gen camaro fitment, being rear-steer. I base that statement on how short the sump is at the back. I could be wrong, have been before !.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Originally Posted by MastMotorsports
I finally received word that the pans have moved from Michigan and are head this way! Last report showed them in Indiana. Depending on what the Arctic blast, that Dallas is getting hit with at this time, does we should have them tomorrow. As soon as we get them we will have all hands on deck to assemble and ship the pans. Thank you for your continued faith and patience!

Thank You,

Chris Durrett
Sorry I forgot to update that on here. Unfortunately I just received word that the pans were stuck in Indiana longer than expected due to weather. They have moved on now but that delay means they will not get here until tomorrow!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Unfortunately I just received word that the pans were stuck in Indiana longer than expected due to weather. They have moved on now but that delay means they will not get here until tomorrow!
Dang, I could have hijacked the truck when it came through!...
Old 02-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Anybody hear any news today about the pans?
Old 02-12-2011, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

I know that we made a mistake by announcing the pan too early. I will not allow that to happen again! No one has been charged for their pan and will not be charged until their pan ships!
If it's not too late allow me to give you a tip: stagger your -10AN fittings. I have an ARE pan for dry sump and Gary made the same mistake. When you put two -AN fitting close together they need to be staggered so that the hose ends do no crash into each other. Not doing so limits the available angle the hoses can be angled at. Since most people will route the hoses forward, the hoses will try to occupy the same space. Not good.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:51 PM
FormerVendor

I wanted to update everyone on the status of the oil pan.

We received the pans Friday and have been working diligently on prepping and assembling the pans. We look to ship half of the orders out tomorrow with the rest going out Wednesday. I’ve also attached a few pictures of a pan fitted on an engine!

Thank you again for your patience through this process!

new mast motorsports oil pan ???-pan2.jpg

new mast motorsports oil pan ???-pan3.jpg
Old 02-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Woohoo, I was hoping for good news on the pans today!
Tom
Old 02-14-2011, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Schitzo
Dang! This is the first pic I've seen with the oil filter installed. The bottom of the pan is lower than the oil filter.

I figured the bottom of the pan could be no lower than than the bottom of the filter to stay above a first gen Camaro crossmember.

I'm also thinking this won't clear a rack either. Looking more and more like I'm still going to have modify the LH8 pan.

Quick Reply: new mast motorsports oil pan ???