Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by -TheBandit-
I would be insanely jealous if you toped your 408 with something like that.
...That
Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we will stick to the basics for now. The ITB's would most definately be badass!!! I am guessing a speed density tune would be in order for something like that of course trying to rely on the MAP sensor to predict the fuel and air requirements with 8 different ports would be a nightmare. I have been reading up on fuel injection systems and they were talking about running all the intake runners together into a union of some sort to get a better reading and to smooth out the pulses or something scientific like that, lol!!! I can see an aftermarket intake in the future but I would probably lean more towards a custom fabbed aluminum sheetmetal one. I do like the Edelbrock Pro-Flo tunnel ram look also. For now it will be a cheap plastic intake from the junkyard. 3-4 weeks and the engine should be out of the machine shop. The price tag keeps growing every time "they" call. So far I have a 408ci Manley 2618 forged nitrous friendly pistons (11.25:1), Callies H-beam rods ARP 2000 hardware, Manley 4340 steel crank, donor LQ block prepped thoroughly, ATI Super Dampener, ARP main studs, Katech timing chain, new gears, custom grind Comp cam 23X/24X @ .050" .6XX/.6XX, new set of LS7 lifters, and ARP head bolts. I am going to use my L92's, LS3 intake, engine covers, oil pan, water pump, etc. So hopefully in a month I will get the word to come on down and pick it up. Until then I will prolly be invisible working on my interior. Using 02 Camaro leather seats front and back, 02 Camaro rear 3pt seat belts out back, just picked up a set of 3pt seat belts for the front. I will have to add a little loving to each side of the rear seat as it is 10 inches narrower than the original 69 seat. The fronts will be a breeze from what I have read. Any one want to contribute to the tonyneedsa408 fund???? Anyone???
Old 01-12-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by tsnow678
Any one want to contribute to the tonyneedsa408 fund???? Anyone???
Pretty sure the paypal account for that is cashfortony@yeahright.lol
Old 01-12-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

What address do i send a money order to??
Old 01-12-2012, 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As a matter of fact, I would love to help you with such matters. You see, I am a Minister of Accounting in Nigeria, and I've been trying to conduct business matters in the United States for some time. Unfortunately, I have been unable to move a sum of $47 billion into US treasury bonds due to the lack of an overseas partner with whom to conduct business. If you would be so kind, I would like to solicit your assistance with this matter. It is 100% safe, though you must keep the transaction completely confidential. You will be rewarded with 10% of the sum upon successful receipt of the monies. If you agree to this, please email nigerianneedsfundingforLSswap@gmail.com with your full name, social security number, and bank account information.

Yours faithfully,
Dr. Okon Ebunamuah
Old 01-12-2012, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

I only have a certified check for $20,000. Can you wire the difference to me @ dirtydan_needs@turbo.net?
Old 01-13-2012, 02:38 AM
TECH Addict

Man did I open a can of worms!! LMAO!!! You guys are crazy!!! Thanks I needed a good laugh.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol that's funny
Old 01-13-2012, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think we will stick to the basics for now. The ITB's would most definately be badass!!! I am guessing a speed density tune would be in order for something like that of course trying to rely on the MAP sensor to predict the fuel and air requirements with 8 different ports would be a nightmare. I have been reading up on fuel injection systems and they were talking about running all the intake runners together into a union of some sort to get a better reading and to smooth out the pulses or something scientific like that, lol!!! I can see an aftermarket intake in the future but I would probably lean more towards a custom fabbed aluminum sheetmetal one. I do like the Edelbrock Pro-Flo tunnel ram look also. For now it will be a cheap plastic intake from the junkyard. 3-4 weeks and the engine should be out of the machine shop. The price tag keeps growing every time "they" call. So far I have a 408ci Manley 2618 forged nitrous friendly pistons (11.25:1), Callies H-beam rods ARP 2000 hardware, Manley 4340 steel crank, donor LQ block prepped thoroughly, ATI Super Dampener, ARP main studs, Katech timing chain, new gears, custom grind Comp cam 23X/24X @ .050" .6XX/.6XX, new set of LS7 lifters, and ARP head bolts. I am going to use my L92's, LS3 intake, engine covers, oil pan, water pump, etc. So hopefully in a month I will get the word to come on down and pick it up. Until then I will prolly be invisible working on my interior. Using 02 Camaro leather seats front and back, 02 Camaro rear 3pt seat belts out back, just picked up a set of 3pt seat belts for the front. I will have to add a little loving to each side of the rear seat as it is 10 inches narrower than the original 69 seat. The fronts will be a breeze from what I have read. Any one want to contribute to the tonyneedsa408 fund???? Anyone???

How about NO!!!!

you concided ***** bastered!!!!!!!

of course I'm kidding!!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Steve68
How about NO!!!!

you concided ***** bastered!!!!!!!

of course I'm kidding!!!!
Man its good to see you are back with us!!! Hows the garage going? Camaro?
Old 01-14-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

on my way to a paver place, I'll post a pic later,
Old 01-15-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man did I open a can of worms!! LMAO!!! You guys are crazy!!! Thanks I needed a good laugh.
BS'ing on the internet is half the reason I visit all of these car sites haha.

But on a serious note... where are the updates?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry FroJoe I am working on things that arent "conversion/hybrid" material. I will post some pics in the next couple of weeks of some of the progress I have made. Its not much. I have sort of lost interest in the car for a little. I needed a break from it. I guess the engine problems sort of kicked me low and I have receeded to lick my wounds!!! I am waiting on my new three point seat belts (here tomorrow) and the three points for the back will be here Thursday. I didnt want to bore anyone with the menial interior work. Not that I haven't already done a good job at boring yall already. Thanks for the interest and if people want to see 02 seats being installed into the 69 I will be more than happy to ablige. I was sort of waiting till my new stroker was done before I was going to go into details as I can wedge the unnecessary items in between.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

updates
Old 02-10-2012, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Hey Snow, I did a quick run through of all the posts looking for more pics of your clutch master cylinder install but didn't see what I was looking for. I just thought of this; how did you seal the pushrod going through the firewall?

Larry
Old 02-11-2012, 05:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 69-er
Hey Snow, I did a quick run through of all the posts looking for more pics of your clutch master cylinder install but didn't see what I was looking for. I just thought of this; how did you seal the pushrod going through the firewall?

Larry
Actually I never finished sealing it off. I have a couple of ideas written down but have not yet tried them. I am just about done working on a blue oval I bought and will then resume work on the Camaro. I have a few things to do to it and hopefully by then my engine will be here and I can complete the entire car. Once the engine is out I should be able to access the clutch master a little easier. I guess I could do something from inside. I will post as soon as I get some more information. If you happen to have an idea for sealing off the firewall feel free to post it here or PM me.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

I just got the DSE plate and Camaro M/C in so I haven't started the install yet. Will be on it this morning.

I think I saw a pic, maybe yours, where the new hole is a little offset from the original pushrod hole. I could add a patch and cut a new hole in the correct location and maybe use the original pushrod boot.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Default Nope...

OK, way off base on that idea! Realized immediately that the cylinder body body goes through the hole, not the pushrod.

I think the plan now is to patch the existing hole, like I planned, and cut a new hole to closely match the cylinder body. Then make a thick, high density foam gasket with a hole that snugly fits around the body and use a sheetmetal plate to sandwich it to the firewall with four sheetmetal screws. Probably mount the seal from the inside.

DSE recommends welding a filler plate to the gap between the bracket and firewall to seal everything. I don't like the idea of making the bracket permanent.

I'm also thinking of going with the modified pushrod instead of the bracket. I should be able to tap the rod for adjustment and, if I ever have to replace the cylinder, I would just have to cut off the end of the pushrod, thread the male end and use the old rod end.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 69-er
OK, way off base on that idea! Realized immediately that the cylinder body body goes through the hole, not the pushrod.
I was just poised to give you the answer when you realized it on your own!
Old 02-11-2012, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OldCobraGuy
I was just poised to give you the answer when you realized it on your own!
I figured somebody had probably already beaten me to it while I was posting my correction! I also have discovered the pushrod is already threaded while the rod end is not. Since the pushrod obviously won't thread into the rod end, after I cut the rod end to the correct length I will have to weld a 1/4"-28 nut on the end and use another nut as a jam.

Crossing my fingers!

Quick Reply: LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro