Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69 Camaro LS2/4L70E install

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 159 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocketrod
To be honest though I try to stay away from your post as I tend to find myself pricing out a TVS2300 Magnacharger setup after looking at your ride.....
Boost is addicting! As any power adder but a positive displacement unit such as the TVS2300 you're car would be a complete different animal. You will have to run drag radials not questions asked lol
Old 03-12-2013, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Been working a lot lately, so not much to report. I did however decide to stay with the current suspension setup and sold the new Ridetech setup. I am not hurting for $$ or anything like that, but would rather just drive the car all year and not get caught up in constantly changing/upgrading things.
I also pulled the trigger on an early Christmas present. I bought a Ridetech Level 2 Coilover front and rear suspension with the Front Musclebar. I also opted for the Tru Turn package, which will allow me to run up to 275s on the front.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good advice, I need to follow your lead and get my car on the road...
Old 04-18-2013, 06:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not much going on lately, but I am getting the car ready for the driving season and will be ordering the stereo soon, installing A/C and possibly some interior work.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will have to check out your thread.

...To be honest though I try to stay away from your post as I tend to find myself pricing out a TVS2300 Magnacharger setup after looking at your ride.....
HAHAHA!!! I thought I was the only one!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not a lot of updates, but I have been driving the car every chance I get! I am really liking the LS engine....lots of power, great gas mileage and the car isn't insanely loud.

I have been installing a stereo, amp and speakers. I also ordered a set of Corbeau Sports in black leather, which should arrive next week and I plan to have the rear seat recovered in the standard black vinyl later in the month. I will post more details and pics later.

Last edited by Rocketrod; 05-10-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you're driving it, that's the best part after finishing an LS swap.
I'm taking mine to a car show tomorrow that's an hour and a half away, it's the farthest I've drivin the car and don't expect to have any trouble. I'm hoping to see a few other LS swapped car there if I'm lucky.

Riggs
Old 05-17-2013, 05:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Riggs 74
I'm taking mine to a car show tomorrow that's an hour and a half away, it's the farthest I've drivin the car and don't expect to have any trouble. I'm hoping to see a few other LS swapped car there if I'm lucky.

Riggs
Glad to hear you are out enjoying yours also!

We starting tuning the trans last night. We still need to find the right balance between mph, shift pressure and time, but the car is really starting to run pretty hard for a completely stock setup (motor, trans and converter).
Old 06-04-2013, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well nothing like waiting to the last minute. I am getting the car ready for the Street Machine National in Du Quoin, IL on June 28-30, 2013. I do have next week off and I have the following items to get done.
  • Install A/C compressor, make custom E-Z Clip lines and charge system
  • Get rear seat recovered and installed
  • Install new Corbeau Sport seats
  • Take car in to have passenger fender repainted and entire car buffed and polished
  • Fix loose exhaust bracket
  • Re-align front end
  • Finish stereo installation
  • Get speedometer working
  • Install check engine light and mount obdii ports
  • Finish tuning engine
  • Plus a ton of other items I don't want to bore you with...
Old 06-09-2013, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A little update.......the dreaded side glass install install close to being done! I got the glass in this morning, but now the fun part of aligning it! It couple be a couple of hours or days. The new glass really stands out.

I also picked up the rear seat from the upholsters and I also ordered new door panels. After seeing the rear seat and fronts seats I decided to order them. Now I am just waiting on parts to arrive, so now will be the time to finish the stereo installation and fix the speedometer. I'll post some pics once the parts start arriving.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I am about 12 hours into installing and aligning the door and rear quarter glass! It looks great at the moment, but I still have some final adjusting (1-2hrs) to get the door and rear quarter glass aligned properly and the doors shutting properly. Also the previous owner did me no favors by replacing some of the adjustable studs/nuts with bolts virtually eliminating certain adjustments.

I also replaced the lower front shock mount bolts with grade 8 hardware and added a 1/2" stack of washers to extended the travel of the shock. This was needed as the new lower control arms had a 1/2" drop built into them which, over extended the travel of the shocks. This will get me by until I decide to upgrade the shocks.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got the Camaro back from Midwest Auto Salon where they repainted the driverside fender, touched up some other spots, then buffed and polished the entire car. A friend from work who is an avid photo buff was kind enough to take a fews pics of the car. I have a ton of updates to post as the car is just about done.....well at least this phase.

Here is a link to the album Grandview drive pics

Old 07-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Looks fantastic Rod .... you have to be pretty exicited how it all turned out.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by srfwagn
Looks fantastic Rod .... you have to be pretty exicited how it all turned out.
Thanks and yes I am pretty stoked how it is all coming together! Just got a lot of little things left to complete and the car is done for now. The biggest thing left is finishing the A/C. I made all the hoses today and installed them, but I still need to put the service port in on the #10 line. Of course, since I installed the A/C compressor, using the Holley bracket, I have an annoying chirping sound when the engine is under a load.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Still haven't got the A/C installed as I have a leak that I just can't fix. I think it is a marriage problem as all the parts are new. I need to get on it soon as I am planning on going to the Holley LS Fest on Sept. 6-8
Old 08-21-2013, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 159 Likes on 130 Posts

I am planning on going to the Holley LS Fest on Sept. 6-8
jelly!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

beautifully done. kudos.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dvdswan
beautifully done. kudos.
Thanks! I just read your entire build thread! Very nice and the detailed pics are great! It is nice to see a build thread of your caliber on something other than a Camaro or Nova.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great
Old 09-13-2013, 06:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bmf5150
Looks great
Thanks.

I took the Camaro to Holley LS Fest. I put 1,100 miles on the car, got just over 20mpg and it performed flawlessly. If I go next year I will probably make a few passes down the drag strip.

Quick Reply: 69 Camaro LS2/4L70E install