Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse/relay box for modified harness?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 AM
E_S
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse/relay box for modified harness?

Does anyone know where I can find a suitable fuse/relay box that I can use when modifying my wiring harness? I've searched the local stores, but pretty much everything I've found is either too flimsy and low quality or I have to buy several fuse and relay holders, which will make a wiring mess and look really bad. Looking for something like the boxes used in the standalone harnesses..
Old 02-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Launching!

There are a few vendors here who sell them, and i agree some are too cheap.I am going to give a 02 Monte Carlo SS with a 3.8 fuse boxes a shot. I paid 20 dollars for it complete with fuses, relays, and pigtails i figure strip every thing i don't need and make it work... It's a daunting task! If not then i'll try a vendor.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After figuring in cost of a nice bare panel, plus fuses, quality relays, correct crimpers, all the needed different gauge wires to run etc etc. I just purchased a complete one instead. Bought mine from Bp automotive. Very nice piece, check him out. He's also a sponsor on here.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by BOXCHEV
After figuring in cost of a nice bare panel, plus fuses, quality relays, correct crimpers, all the needed different gauge wires to run etc etc. I just purchased a complete one instead. Bought mine from Bp automotive. Very nice piece, check him out. He's also a sponsor on here.
Thanks!

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 02-01-2013, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was able to take a F-Body fuse/relay box, strip it out and modify it for only and what I required. The only reason I didn't go with it in the end, was it was just too big and odd sized and couldn't find a location in the engine bay that I though look like it should fit and look good. I ended up just using some Painless Aux fuse kits. Price is not to bad and it is expandable for the number of fuses needed. You can see what I did in my Nova build thread.

But as you can find on the net, many vendor sell fuse/relay kit (as BP does). You just need to search on the net or through the Sponsor sites here on LS1Tech.

BC
Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pics

Old 02-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

^^^ Nice fuse box! How much does that one run?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LTX-LSX-Vort...item27ce6b1bdc
Old 02-01-2013, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default fuse box/relay

hello to all. BP Automotive has a nice relay center/fuse center, but i picked up mine from the junk yard/u pull it. cant remember what vehicle it came from its capable of doing the job. my experience, the last time i purchased a fuse center, from a vendor, like BP's unit, my lsx swap would not start. i even used their tech support. still would not start. i ended up rewiring the relay/fuse center. It cost me $100.00+. why pay apremium price and still have to rewire the unit. here are some pics. trust me its not pretty but my vehicle is not a show truck. its a rat rod.
Attached Thumbnails Fuse/relay box for modified harness?-img_1704.jpg   Fuse/relay box for modified harness?-img_1727.jpg   Fuse/relay box for modified harness?-img_1707.jpg  
Old 02-02-2013, 02:15 AM
Launching!

That's kind like the set up i pulled... My issue is most vendors delete the emissions portions which i'm required to run. I picked my fuse box and am hoping to strip it down to what i need. I do like the way the afternarket fuse box looks though. I am working on a small budget so hopefully i can figure it out. What did you do to make yours work?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Teching In

If you want to build your own this is what I used.
http://www.waytekwire.com/item/46343...RO-RELAY-RTMR/

Quick Reply: Fuse/relay box for modified harness?