Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

peps with ls swapped rx7 FDs come in

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default peps with ls swapped rx7 FDs come in

I'm in the researched stage of this possibly future build.

Right now I have a LS2 GTO (automagic) but I REALLY want to step over to the manual world here soon.

I always loved the FD rx7s especially with an LS in it. I was thinking of selling my GTO in order to fund this project but first before I even think about doing that, how hard of a swap is it to do?

I mean I see so many swap kits out there for the rx7s so does that make it fairly easy? I mean I have never swapped an engine or have done any fabrication work at all. All I have done on the GTO is a cold air intake, long tube headers, and cut fender lips ()

of course I have a few friends that could help me but I just want to make sure what I would be getting myself into before I take any actions.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Not hard if your wiring skills are good!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

It's fairly simple if you buy the right mounting kit. Regardless of how cheap you find a mount kit you should only go with a Samberg performance mount kit. He has everything needed to do the lsx swap plus the parts to put a 8.8 cobra diff in one also.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Teching In

I don't know if you are familiar with either of these sights but an answer for any question you have can be found here. http://www.norotors.com/index.php

and here, you may not use their mounts but they have a lot of information detailing what is involved in a swap. http://www.grannysspeedshop.com/
Old 09-10-2013, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

yes I second the Samberg only, I have built them with hinson and Samberg kits, spend the money get the good product with good customer service, I would say its not hard, but remember you are addressing pretty much every system in the car, rear end, transmission, clutch master cyl, cooling system, a/c, wiring, engine, exhaust, this is not really considered amateur stuff here!
Old 09-10-2013, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by v8envy
yes I second the Samberg only, I have built them with hinson and Samberg kits, spend the money get the good product with good customer service, I would say its not hard, but remember you are addressing pretty much every system in the car, rear end, transmission, clutch master cyl, cooling system, a/c, wiring, engine, exhaust, this is not really considered amateur stuff here!
Yeah also try NOT to wire it in the dark using scrap wire and butt connectors for everything like this ^ guy. Makes a good swap a ******* nightmare.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did an FC. Go drive or ride in a swapped car and make sure it's what you want before you go down that path of spent money and time.

After that it's easy in the sense that you won't need to weld anything. But you will need to be ok with hitting stuff with a hammer and cutting a thing or two.

After that the wiring to get the car working right will be busy.

My FC was a killer ride and I didn't do anything to the stock suspension other that swap on some mustang GT rims. A very predictable car and felt improved in all the physical aspects. I never did get the a/c working again. But at one point all the gauges were wired and I even had power steering.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Teching In

buddy has one and its raw

Quick Reply: peps with ls swapped rx7 FDs come in