Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 rx-7, won't fire, help

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 rx-7, won't fire, help

I think I have gone over everything, but I still get no spark, vatts deleted by hp tuners, pink @ coils have 12v, black @coils have good ground, fuel pump primes. I pulled the plugs out and they look wet, so I am pretty sure I have fuel, but just no spark at the plugs. I tried grounding the ref wire at coils, still no luck. I am puzzled, I checked the crank, and cam pos sensors, and the signal wires both made the meter jump around when the other probe was grounded so I think they are working. It isn't pulling up any codes. HELP!
Old 05-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Launchin It!

Sounds like the crank sensor is not picking up a signal, but thats a wild guess at this point. Check all fuses and connections. Double check the VATs too.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:59 PM
11 Second Club

check your grounds again! when i did my swap, i some issues just like yours and it was because of a ground
Old 05-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Alright, after piddling with this thing for hours, I ran a wire from the battery straight to the coils, and bumped the key, it fires right up. I can take the wire away that is ran to the battery, and it will stay running. I had the coil power, and pcm power all wired together on a switched circuit that went to the rx7 stock pcm, It powers on the ls1 pcm, fuel pump kicks on, and meters 12v at the coils, but won't start. I am going to rewire some stuff tommarrow, and run a seperate wire from the battery to a relay then to the coils, hopefully that will get it working right, Thanks for the help.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

This happened to me- make sure the 12V you have going to the fuel pump, PCM, and coils is energized when the key is in the "start" position.

Hopefully that fixes is for you.

Ben

Originally Posted by 12thstreetjunkman
Alright, after piddling with this thing for hours, I ran a wire from the battery straight to the coils, and bumped the key, it fires right up. I can take the wire away that is ran to the battery, and it will stay running. I had the coil power, and pcm power all wired together on a switched circuit that went to the rx7 stock pcm, It powers on the ls1 pcm, fuel pump kicks on, and meters 12v at the coils, but won't start. I am going to rewire some stuff tommarrow, and run a seperate wire from the battery to a relay then to the coils, hopefully that will get it working right, Thanks for the help.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem with my RX7 swap. Connecting ALL the loose pink wires in the LS1 harness to ignition "run" fixed it.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Launching!

rx-ben, you hit the nail on the head, the wire I had used for the pcm and coils didn't have 12v while cranking, so I would hear the pump prime, crank with no power, then let of the key back to on position and have power to everything doh . Now I just need to get my headers flanges in and I am on the road!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:10 AM
TECH Regular

good to see you figured it out!

Quick Reply: ls1 rx-7, won't fire, help