Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 harness for 67 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question LS1 harness for 67 Camaro

Ok, I know this has been beaton to death, and I have searched this and other forums but only with more confusion. Couple of issues:
1) I have the #16220610 ecm which according to someone on here is for 99-00 LS1's. I need a harness for this ecm to use in my 67 Camaro. Speartech looks to be the way go to, and Im leaning to go with there harness. My plans are to use the 4L60e that I purchsed until it breaks then I will use a TH350 to replace it.
2)If I get the speartech harness for the LS1/4L60E and down the line want to use a TH350/400 can the ecm just be reprogrammed to a to eliminate the auto programming and just not use the transmission wiring? Also I find little info on the ecm that I have is this one any better or worse for this swap? If the gentleman from speartech has ecm/harness combos what would you recommend and if anyone has words of wisdom please respond. The new painless harness/ecm looked interesting but seems limited for performance and this is for a performance oriented street/strip application plus I have heard nothing but good things about speartech. I just want a simple wire it fire it setup then can be tuned to what ever I need.
thanks in advance for your reply's.

Last edited by 67lsrs; 10-23-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:33 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

When you change over to the TH350, the easiest thing to do would be to reflash that PCM to a 6-speed VIN at a dealership. (just pick any 99-02 VIN).

Do you already have a stock harness?
Old 10-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply, That is what I was counting on. I dont have any harness yet, I bought the motor by itself and got the ecm on ebay. Just kind of piecing this together. After I started my resoration the LS1 just sort of came about and couldnt pass it up.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the Speartech harness and reprog the deal to a M6 if you go to a TH350.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Steve1969LS1
Go with the Speartech harness and reprog the deal to a M6 if you go to a TH350.
Yes I think thats the plan, and I gotta tell ya Awesome Camaro's!!!! The 69 looks excellent. What oil pan is that? Did you mod or is that an S&P? How much did the mod effect capacity?

Thanks to all for the replys
Old 10-24-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Speartech, IMHO, is definately the cats meow for a stock computer.

We pretty much use the F.A.S.T. units with the LSx specific harness and the dual wideband O2 option..... but that only works if you are going to be using a FAST unit. No help there, I know.......

On another note......

The ATS oil pan would be something to consider, as it was a clean slate design specifically for the 67-69 F-Body chassis. The cost difference between the other available pans is minimal compared to what you are getting.

Little is known by most, but the LSx engine package actually runs on much less oil than any previous OE design. Wegner automotive research has done extensive testing on the LSx package and determined after years of racing this engine that it doesnt need to run on anything more than about 4.3 qts. Now obviously, if you add an external filter and/or cooler..... you just bumped the capacity up to around 6.5+ qts.

With that in mind, the ATS oil pan is right in at 4.5 qts and offers you constant radius -AN, oil bypass and return lines for use with a remote filter and/or cooler. It also has provisions for two seperate turbo oil return lines and a temperature sender bung as well. Internally, it has a four wall sump with spring loaded doors, a removable windage tray and a constant radius oil pick-up.

Heres a couple of pics:
Old 10-26-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 67lsrs
Yes I think thats the plan, and I gotta tell ya Awesome Camaro's!!!! The 69 looks excellent. What oil pan is that? Did you mod or is that an S&P? How much did the mod effect capacity?

Thanks to all for the replys
That is a stock f-body oil pan modified by S&P but if I did it today I would run the new ATS oil pan and their mounts.. the BRP mounts moved the engine too far forward and the S&P mounts had other issues..

Thanks for the comments on the cars..
Old 10-27-2005, 05:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Steve, how far do the BRP mounts move it foward?? I have to check the ATS web site for mounts,

Quick Reply: LS1 harness for 67 Camaro