Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f-body ls1 oil pan & A-body(69 chevelle)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f-body ls1 oil pan & A-body(69 chevelle)?

Is it possible to get the ls1 engine in without modifying the oilpan?is there any other problems I will have ,to get the engine in there?
Thanks
Old 03-06-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

I had to use a F body pan modified by S&P. I used their mounts for the engin too. I moved the motor back around two inches for the Alt. to clear the steering.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I got it to fit w/ out having to modify the f-body pan, using BRP style engine mount adapters and relocating the frame mounts. It's real close to the firewall, but there's enough clearance to get to the trans bolts w/o much hassle.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 350SS
I got it to fit w/ out having to modify the f-body pan, using BRP style engine mount adapters and relocating the frame mounts. It's real close to the firewall, but there's enough clearance to get to the trans bolts w/o much hassle.
Thanks for answer did the alternator fit without modif.?when you mounted the engine?Anyone who know where I can get pics and info about engine mount adapters?Will try to make them myself
thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 350SS
I am doing an LS1 in my 67 but you said that you relocated the frame mounts. So I assume that you moved the frame engine mounts back a couple inches?
Old 03-09-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lars1
Thanks for answer did the alternator fit without modif.?when you mounted the engine?Anyone who know where I can get pics and info about engine mount adapters?Will try to make them myself
thanks
Originally Posted by SatisTraction
this is a popular subject. there are several types on the market but making your own is easy if you have some basic tools.

street and performance version

BRP mounts

make your own from these templates.

S&P style

BRP style

mount search
There's alot of good info in the FAQ stickies listed at the top of this section. Be sure to read it. I'm using the truck acessory setup and the alternator clears the stock non-ss hood w/o problem.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pist0lpete
I am doing an LS1 in my 67 but you said that you relocated the frame mounts. So I assume that you moved the frame engine mounts back a couple inches?
I didn't measure it but that seems about right
Old 03-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Staging Lane

if you have access to a welder and some steel, you can make your own mounts and use the stock ls1 pan. on my conversion i am using a Lingenfelter LS1 with a dry sump so i had to cut notch the crossmemeber for the pan to fit, but i made my own mounts. on the a-bodys, since everything is so open i would almost recommend making your own that way you can get the right clearance you want between the frame and the pan as well as between the motor and the firewall.

Quick Reply: f-body ls1 oil pan & A-body(69 chevelle)?