Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The G-Body Swap Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are you guys hooking up the brown voltage gauge meter wiring to? I hooked it up to the back of my 99 ls1 f body alt and the low voltage led light stays on after turning the key off... I also tried the battery post and the same... I did hook it up to a switched power fuse spot and it seems to work.. any ideas??
Old 06-20-2013, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 85GPLEf41
Where are you guys hooking up the brown voltage gauge meter wiring to? I hooked it up to the back of my 99 ls1 f body alt and the low voltage led light stays on after turning the key off... I also tried the battery post and the same... I did hook it up to a switched power fuse spot and it seems to work.. any ideas??
You answered your own question---switched 12v power, that's all there is to it.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Teching In

anybody done a g body swap with turbo and keep a/c
Old 06-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by incharge
I did... pm me your cell # and I will send you some pics... I dont know how to post them on the board....
Old 06-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jlcustomz
You answered your own question---switched 12v power, that's all there is to it.
Thanks lately i have been over analyzing the simple things lately... I did it and works good! Also, how have you guys ran your fuel lines? I bought this kit and done the research on how to assemble the fittings. I am hoping to get this done once i get over a tooth infection... But i'm looking for ideas for the filter mounting and fuel lines.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by incharge
My friend Mike and I are in the process of it. 4.8 with a stock truck compressor (all truck acc. except the power steering which is off an FBody).

It is smaller and the lines come straight forward. Just made a turbo return line tight so we're running a pump on the return line and tapping elsewhere.

Didn't notch the frame either. Mike installed it with those generic ebay mounts, just drilled a few new holes for the motor mounts to frame.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Relocating the stock truck compressor ?
Old 06-22-2013, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
My friend Mike and I are in the process of it. 4.8 with a stock truck compressor (all truck acc. except the power steering which is off an FBody).

It is smaller and the lines come straight forward. Just made a turbo return line tight so we're running a pump on the return line and tapping elsewhere.

Didn't notch the frame either. Mike installed it with those generic ebay mounts, just drilled a few new holes for the motor mounts to frame.
You got factory AC bracket and compressor to fit without a notch? would love to see exactly which mounts you are talking about. Link? Or Pic?
Old 06-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Banned

Here's the album so far...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1946072&type=3

I'll try to take a close up today.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:15 PM

Hey i got a ls1 that I want to put n a gbody just wanna no what headers, motor mounts to use.do they make a wire harness to make it look good.I want it fuel injection
Old 06-22-2013, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Here's the album so far...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1946072&type=3

I'll try to take a close up today.
Thanks ill check that out when I get to a computer, will be on look out for the closer pic.

EDIT- I keep getting "This content is currently unavailable" with the link.

Originally Posted by Spingo lamar
Hey i got a ls1 that I want to put n a gbody just wanna no what headers, motor mounts to use.do they make a wire harness to make it look good.I want it fuel injection
For long tube headers

1in setback plates + original sbc mounts
Pacesetter fbody long tubes (will require lil modding to fit)
Fbody pan fits but just barely, ctsv pan fits better but hangs about 1/2" or so.

Or

The non set back plates + original sbc plates
Headman gbody swap headers, no mods but more $$$
Gm muscle car swap oil pan, I think ctsv pan fits with these mounts but I'm not 100%. Could drop more $$ for Holley LSx pan, same as muscle car pan but little more shallow, should be about level with crossmember.

Last edited by BOXCHEV; 06-22-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

OK I will admit I have not read all of this thread. Wondering if anyone has ran new fuel line on the drivers side & if you were able to do it with the body on the car?
Old 06-22-2013, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samckitt
OK I will admit I have not read all of this thread. Wondering if anyone has ran new fuel line on the drivers side & if you were able to do it with the body on the car?
Ive been told by many gbody guys that its pretty much impossible to achieve that.

I have removed all the old hard lines from under the Monte, there are just 2 lines hanging in the back where the rubber hoses attached to for the tank. I haven't spent much time trying to get them out, but when I tried it only resulted in me getting pissed haha. Laying on your back sucks.

Went and cut up the stock line that runs the length of the frame rail, then cut the ends where I wanted them to stop. Tried multiple times to bend my own lines in SS but either you got it or you don't I guess when it comes to bending lines. Going to take it over to a tube bending shop and have them duplicate it for me and use fragola compression AN fittings on the ends.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by BOXCHEV
Thanks ill check that out when I get to a computer, will be on look out for the closer pic.

EDIT- I keep getting "This content is currently unavailable" with the link.

For long tube headers

1in setback plates + original sbc mounts
Pacesetter fbody long tubes (will require lil modding to fit)
Fbody pan fits but just barely, ctsv pan fits better but hangs about 1/2" or so.

Or

The non set back plates + original sbc plates
Headman gbody swap headers, no mods but more $$$
Gm muscle car swap oil pan, I think ctsv pan fits with these mounts but I'm not 100%. Could drop more $$ for Holley LSx pan, same as muscle car pan but little more shallow, should be about level with crossmember.
Thanks for that information now I just need too no what wire harness to use and how to flash the computer
Old 06-23-2013, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for that information now I just need too no what wire harness to use and how to flash the computer
Look into one of the sponsors for harness and flashing

PSI or BP Automotive.

Ive heard good things about PSI but never used them personally. I have one of BP Automotive fuse blocks since I redid my own harness. The fuse block is very nice quality, I also had him make me a simple crank sensor extension harness few weeks back. I sent payment via paypal and probably 3 hours later it was shipped and I had tracking number. I'm sure he has picked up quite a bit of business since officially becoming a sponsor recently so PM him and give him some time to respond.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by samckitt
I ran my fuel lines on the driver side of the car. Used all stainless braided flex line though, not hard tube.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:02 PM

Ok on the gbody do I use an aftermarket fuel pump r is it best to do in tank fuel pump.what do I need to do to get the rite fuel pressure
Old 07-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Banned

In tank, I've seen too many inlines fail. A tank from a turbo'd buick with electric pump will work.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Ok on the gbody do I use an aftermarket fuel pump r is it best to do in tank fuel pump.what do I need to do to get the rite fuel pressure
In tank and I use a vette style filter it has a regulator built in.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:41 PM

Does anybody know what combination of mounts/plates or BRP kit will work with stock f body accessories? 99ls1/4l60e going in 86 cutlass...

Last edited by Blackout239; 07-10-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Quick Reply: The G-Body Swap Thread