Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

What do you dislike about the C5 thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
There are also a bunch of automatic f-bodys and mustangs. Saying a Corvette is a girl car because it is an automatic is an ignorant remark. Tell that to all the guys and girls on here with huge stalls in their autos they have a girl car. The Corvette is a two seater for a reason, it is a sports car. It is not a sedan, if you want to carry more than one passenger or a lot of cargo then a corvette is not your ticket. I can tell you I drove f-bods from the time I was 16 to 22, I just recently got my C5Z and have absolutely no problems with it. I do not miss the back seats at all. Just go test drive a few vettes and find out if they are for you.
Nailed it, I would have said the same thing.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

- Corvette Tax.. even at the car wash they think that because its a vette I can detail it every week.

- No One Will Race... I have a VERY Loud exhaust but that doesnt mean I can beat anyone on the street. I wish I could get a god race now and again... when I had my trans am everyone would race... In the last year and a half maybe only 4-5 good solid races..

- I have yet to have anyone tell me to my face that its too bad my daddy bought my car but I know they think that... F#$% Em done be jealous you cant pay cash for a car and still have money in the bank at 25yrs old.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
There are also a bunch of automatic f-bodys and mustangs. Saying a Corvette is a girl car because it is an automatic is an ignorant remark. Tell that to all the guys and girls on here with huge stalls in their autos they have a girl car. The Corvette is a two seater for a reason, it is a sports car. It is not a sedan, if you want to carry more than one passenger or a lot of cargo then a corvette is not your ticket. I can tell you I drove f-bods from the time I was 16 to 22, I just recently got my C5Z and have absolutely no problems with it. I do not miss the back seats at all. Just go test drive a few vettes and find out if they are for you.
I agree come and get some 3200 stall rpm stage 5 trans with stage 5 342 rear. LS1 WITH CAM AND HEADS. 453 RWHP AND 451 RWTQ. SET OF 345 HOOSIERS DRAGS IN BACK...
Old 07-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Cheap leather seats

The fact that I need to take the entire rear end out to change a clutch

Location of oil pressure sensor
Old 07-09-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ echoing that, dropping the drivetrain to do any significant work
Soo...

- Drivetrain and plumbing drop to do any work

- Straight pipes means an empathy limit for other people

- That I must wax it every week (hasn't been waxed in... a year and a half?)
Old 07-11-2008, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

I love my Z06 but do wish the interior was nicer. I recently pulled out everything in the car to install the Crazy Cowboy insulation kit and was not happy with the way GM put the interior peices together. I guess you really don't notice what kind of attention your car gets until you don't have it for a few weeks. Mine is in the shop getting a forged motor and everyone at work keeps asking me when I am getting my car back. Hell, I even had the guys at Jack in the Box and Taco Bell drive thru asking me where my car was!!

Quick Reply: What do you dislike about the C5 thread