9.98@138.80mph--stock bottom end 346 n/a

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My biggest question is why you don't want anyone looking under the hood. Always parking far away from everyone, closing the hood when someone comes around, etc. If you have a stock bottom 346 with heads/cam and a Fast 90/90, there is nothing to f'n hide. Seriously dude...congrats on making a 9 second pass...just make sure you pull out the "hidden" nitrous kit before you let someone go through your car for $5k.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/1005267-6-speed-60ft-record-1-30-9-95-137-69-a.html
great times to compair the car to...
Old 10-30-2008, 12:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Geneus
No problem...respect will be given.

What you all seem to fail to understand is that the onus is not on Rob but rather on you (collectively) to show why his car can't do what it did with what he says he has (he's the one with the video and timeslip)...that's as plain as the big nose on my face (and Alex will confirm that self-assessment). To argue anything else would be futile from where I stand.

Rob has already thrown down the challenge...ante up $5000 and he'll tear the engine down for full inspection...if he passes muster, you lose the money...if he doesn't, you get your money back and he's left with egg on his face and can be accused as the biggest liar/cheat on the racing forums. I know of at least one other person (who will go un-named) that made the same challenge (he wanted $10,000) for a tear-down/inspection of his car to verify his results to be consistant with what he said his car has...so you guys would be getting away cheap.

I've given you all the information you need to see if at least on paper what he says he did is in fact doable...I'd certainly plug those numbers in (or get someone competent in physics to do it for you) prior to taking that bet.
I agree with the notion that if you say it can't be done then prove in can't be done so I can see why you would say that.
Unfortunately for Rob and AMR in this case the record is more important to them than most of the people on here. It was initially posted on here to let people know about the accomplishment.
Probably only 2 reasons to post up the time, any time for that matter.
1-Personal/collective accomplishment recognition
2-Draw future business for shop/tuner etc.

I don't think either of those 2 goals were met here because of the doubt in the members minds and the questions they feel haven't been answered.
Of course Rob doesn't have to prove anything if he doesn't want to, I'd be upset if people started saying this stuff about my set up.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Elcaballoloco
Wow, $5,000?

That's one way to insure the fact that no one will be going through his ****.

1) I don't think that this is that serious to anyone.
2) Of course no one will offer him 5k as collateral while they go through his setup.

Why don't you pick a smaller money amount and someone MAY take you up on the offer. Or just keep it at $5,000 where no one will fool with it. Then no one will know how much you're spraying.

Do you actually consider everyone else that stupid?
Well, say what you want...$5000. As I wrote (and perhaps you did not read) there is at least one other person...whose LS based "shop" prepped Vette holds a record who has offered to tear his car down to any doubters of what it is claimed to have on/in it for the sum of $10,000...so again I'd say Rob's offer is a bargain.

Last edited by Geneus; 10-30-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2003cobraH/C
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1005267
That won't work....we all know Corvettes are faster than Camaro's.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice run man.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02SS:ZEUS
My biggest question is why you don't want anyone looking under the hood. Always parking far away from everyone, closing the hood when someone comes around, etc. If you have a stock bottom 346 with heads/cam and a Fast 90/90, there is nothing to f'n hide. Seriously dude...congrats on making a 9 second pass...just make sure you pull out the "hidden" nitrous kit before you let someone go through your car for $5k.
Well, I wasn't at the track when Rob ran this record...but I was there two weeks prior when he went 10.17@134+ in really mediocre air and he had the hood open the entire time in the staging lanes...and this is well after all the times when he was accused of keeping his hood down and parked "far away."
Old 10-30-2008, 12:24 PM
9 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1005267
Yeah, that's Barry's car on a 200 shot and small stroker 370+ I think.
I don't think that's a good comparison plus Barry Granny Shifts, haha
Old 10-30-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

this is way way not possible... to pick up 33 mph out of a 346. Naaa not possible. It sounds like he is trying to make his time valid by stating he was running drag radials at 20lbs of pressure. Well if you were running that you wouldn't have got that 1/8 th speed because you would be spinninnnnnn. I have done 2 10.3 passes at 135 mph both times i crossed the 1/8th at 108 or 107.something. Yes i was on drag radials and in a 640rwhp and tq whipple cobra. He has a shot or a stroker the speed and times say he has more hp not less weight so the fact of checking out his car is going to do nothing.
From what I gather most people agree that:

1) My car ran a 9 second pass
2) My car is a 346
3) My car is n/a
4) That's my car in the video
5) The timeslip matches the video
6) My car weighs beteen 2700-3280lbs
7) My car is driven to and from the track
8) My car was driven to the track over an hour each way for that 9 second pass.
9) My car ran the 9 on a street night, not a rental.
10) My car ran the 9 on small drag radials that some people think suck.
11) I have backed up the pass.
12) My car has been running low 10's all year even in the summer(90 degrees)
13) My car has run a 10.2x in average air on a pro tree in heads up competition.
14) My car has trapped over 138 mph on 2 occasions.
15) My car dynoed approx. 457rwhp 382rwtq on a MUSTANG dyno.
15) My car is fast.

The above works for me. I'm satisfied with that.
In fact that a pretty ****** nice resume' for a boring Dentist who learned how to drive a stick 5 years ago.

Last edited by robz*; 10-30-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by robz*
In fact that a pretty ****** nice resume' for a drilling Dentist who learned how to drive a stick 5 years ago.
I fixed that one word for you, Rob.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) My car ran a 9 second pass
2) My car is a 346
3) My car is n/a
4) That's my car in the video
5) The timeslip matches the video
6) My car weighs beteen 2700-3280lbs
7) My car is driven to and from the track
8) My car was driven to the track over an hour each way for that 9 second pass.
9) My car ran the 9 on a street night, not a rental.
10) My car ran the 9 on small drag radials that some people think suck.
11) I have backed up the pass.
12) My car has been running low 10's all year even in the summer(90 degrees)
13) My car has run a 10.2x in average air on a pro tree in heads up competition.
14) My car has trapped over 138 mph on 2 occasions.
15) My car is fast.

The above works for me. I'm satisfied with that.
In fact that a pretty ****** nice resume' for a boring Dentist who learned how to drive a stick 5 years ago.

I have absolutely no dog in this hunt, other than trying to get a good understanding on what it takes to run 9's. Rob, I will say you come across a bit "shady". why are you refusing to answer the 4 basic questions??

As for your list, I'd say it's more like this:

1) My car ran a 9 second pass--yes
2) My car is a 346--yes
3) My car is n/a--in question
4) That's my car in the video--yes
5) The timeslip matches the video--yes
6) My car weighs beteen 2700-3280lbs--that's a VERY fair assesment
7) My car is driven to and from the track--Maybe it was on that night, but not always
8) My car was driven to the track over an hour each way for that 9 second pass.--Sure
9) My car ran the 9 on a street night, not a rental.--yes
10) My car ran the 9 on small drag radials that some people think suck--ok....
11) I have backed up the pass--when did you back it up? I only saw one 9sec pass?
12) My car has been running low 10's all year even in the summer(90 degrees)--yes
13) My car has run a 10.2x in average air on a pro tree in heads up competition.--ok
14) My car has trapped over 138 mph on 2 occasions.--ok
15) My car is fast.--absolutely

I think you are missing everyone's point. Don't be so defensive. No one is questioning the car is a 9 second car. The question is are you spraying the car to the 9's??
Old 10-30-2008, 12:34 PM
10 Second Club

were not disagreeing the car is fast your missing the point but be honest your car weighs between 2700-3280 big diff. also how hard you accelerate from the 1/8 to the finish just doesnt add up ... i weigh 3000 lbs and and trap close to 130 and my 1/8 is 103 ish ... and i shift just as fast i also have a faceplated trans .. i don't have the slipper clutch though
Old 10-30-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3) My car is n/a
Do you have a reading disability?
Old 10-30-2008, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
The question is are you spraying the car to the 9's??
Defensive? And why not...it seems the "shop" dogs came into this thread on the offfensive to try raise suspicions about Rob's integrity. And by asking that question you are doing the same. I would respond...ante up the $5000 and you can find out.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Defensive? And why not...it seems the "shop" dogs came into this thread on the offfensive to try raise suspicions about Rob's integrity. And by asking that question you are doing the same. I would respond...ante up the $5000 and you can find out.
why not just be honest were not stupid
Old 10-30-2008, 12:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok,

I'm not sure who you are(a nut-swinger of some sort i assume) but no-where in my post did i speak to you, so i would prefer to have the OP(that would not be you) speak for himself. I'm sure all others here can agree.

It's only a shot at his integrity when he refuses to answer/provide proof, or is actaully hiding something. As for a $5k inspection: This is not NASCAR buddy. If it makes your internet ego that much larger by throwing around the $5k idea, then you go "be that guy", haha
Old 10-30-2008, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

You know, what I find fascinating is if he (Rob) had done this under the auspices of his former shop you'd see all the "dog's" in here defending him and saying it was the "magical" tuning ...blah...blah...blah... as the reason for his success...but it's not his "old" shop but rather his new association and set-up which has gotten him here and man oh man, that isn't sitting well with the "fan-boi's" and the darts been flying non-stop.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I wasn't at the track when Rob ran this record...but I was there two weeks prior when he went 10.17@134+ in really mediocre air and he had the hood open the entire time in the staging lanes...and this is well after all the times when he was accused of keeping his hood down and parked "far away."
I wasn't there for that week but I was at the track 4 other times this year at the Corvette Challenges and EVERY time he was parked across the lot, hood shut, on a trailer, and away from everybody else. You saw what you saw and I saw what I saw.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Ok,

I'm not sure who you are(a nut-swinger of some sort i assume) but no-where in my post did i speak to you, so i would prefer to have the OP(that would not be you) speak for himself. I'm sure all others here can agree.

It's only a shot at his integrity when he refuses to answer/provide proof, or is actaully hiding something. As for a $5k inspection: This is not NASCAR buddy. If it makes your internet ego that much larger by throwing around the $5k idea, then you go "be that guy", haha

Jah vol, heir Kapitain. Don't assume...you know the rest.

I'm sorry...remind me again whether or not this is a public forum and how I'm prohibited from interjecting my thoughts/opinions...oh, that's right...someone died and made you the internet boss.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:51 PM
9 Second Club

FWIW I was there as well, I don't remember the hood being open, even if it was I may not have noticed and I wasn't next to Rob the whole night so it may well have been opened the rest of the night. The air was mediocre yes and I did personally see the timeslip that read 10.18-don't remember the mph. I have no idea where he parked, wouldn't have been looking for that anyway.
I remember discussing tire pressure with Rob and suggesting he try and air them up a bit from the 16 or 18 or so psi that he was running because I run my radials at 20.
I remember asking him if he had a stroker, maybe I said nitrous and he said no, heads and cam. I was like "wow".
Didn't think twice about it, I know Rob-he said it so that was that.
That being said, I'm admittedely not the most technical person, especially when is comes to stick shift cars. I know they are very driver dependent and when I saw the slip I was thinking Rob could drive his *** off.

I'm not an authority, especially on the stick shift stuff so I had no reason that night to doubt the car.
After reading all this I wouldn't mind a few questions answered but It's really not that important to me and I'll still talk to Rob when I see him at the track.

Quick Reply: 9.98@138.80mph--stock bottom end 346 n/a