Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASR, BRAKE, and ABS lights came on after rear end swap?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASR, BRAKE, and ABS lights came on after rear end swap?!?

I recently installed a new MWC Fab9 rear end and drove it fine with no problems for a couple days. Well when I took the car out for a little drive today the ASR, BRAKE, and ABS lights all came on. So I pulled over to the nearest gas station and looked under the car and the harness is plugged into each abs sensor and into the plug on the car. I have no clue as to what it could be... Has anybody else had this problem or know what it could be? Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Hmmmm what kinda gears do you have? Did you get a new tune for the new gears? This is all that I can think of. Hopes this helps.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

Are you running larger tires out back?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

I had a similar problem recently. I put the car on jackstands and decided to try and follow all of the abs module wires after reading a similar thread on this site. Found that the wires had been burnt in half where the exhaust goes over the rear axle. Got a new piece of wire to bridge the burnt wires, soldered(?), rerouted and voila - fixed. Hope this helps
Old 05-01-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok yeah I will deff put it up on jackstands and double check the wires and check if something like that happened. The new rear end I put in has a 3:89 gear. I didnt get a new tune yet because I am still hooking up my nitrous. Yeah I did put some 28" tall tires on the back as well. Would the gear and bigger tire make it do that for some reason?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:40 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by second_2_none
Ok yeah I will deff put it up on jackstands and double check the wires and check if something like that happened. The new rear end I put in has a 3:89 gear. I didnt get a new tune yet because I am still hooking up my nitrous. Yeah I did put some 28" tall tires on the back as well. Would the gear and bigger tire make it do that for some reason?
there is your problem. the oversized tires kick the lights on. i am running 28" tire on my car too. after about a mile or two down the road they all light up. get used to it.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by subhumanzz
there is your problem. the oversized tires kick the lights on. i am running 28" tire on my car too. after about a mile or two down the road they all light up. get used to it.
While I was doing research for this very problem I came across the fact that 28"s cause these lights to come on as well. That is what I would guess your problem is since that is what your running. Evidently the diameter difference of the front and rear tires confuses the computer as the abs system was calibrated for matching rpms from all four tires and deactivates. With the stock tires back on the lights should go away.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by subhumanzz
Originally Posted by 01 Bad ***** F*****
While I was doing research for this very problem I came across the fact that 28"s cause these lights to come on as well. That is what I would guess your problem is since that is what your running. Evidently the diameter difference of the front and rear tires confuses the computer as the abs system was calibrated for matching rpms from all four tires and deactivates. With the stock tires back on the lights should go away.
Oohhh ok, it didnt even dawn on me to think of that. Yeah everytime I turn on the car the lights are off for a mile or two just like you said. I am guessing that there isnt really a way to have them tuned out when I get my nitrous tune? Not that big of a deal if not as I switch between my 28" and 26" if I go on longer drives. Thanks a million though guys! I wouldnt of figured that out.

Quick Reply: ASR, BRAKE, and ABS lights came on after rear end swap?!?