Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racepack vs Autometer dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:28 PM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Racepack vs Autometer dash

Looking at the two, they are very close in price, aside from a simple wiring setup with the racepack which may be worth more than I think what are the benefits of running an autometer dash vs a racepack? This will see some street use.
Phil
Old 07-25-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interested to know too! I am debating on purchasing a digital dash over conventional gauges.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:42 PM
7 Second Club

Well all I know now is the Rackpak for the BS3 is a special unit list is $895. Big Stuff 3 charges $385 to do the swap. The racepak will be able to display everything the BS3 monitors.
Phil
Old 07-25-2007, 02:33 PM
8 Second Club

Go with the racepak
Old 07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I havent used the Autometer but the Racepak is badass with the BS3

225-343-9029
Old 07-25-2007, 03:58 PM
7 Second Club

When I say autometer, I'm talking about 6 seperate guages, not an all in one package like racepak. Thanks for the input guys!
Old 07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote Racepac. I am looking at changing from my Autometers to the Racepac but that will have to wait for a while.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:27 PM
DSG
10 Second Club

Is the racepac only to be used with BS3?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:32 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by DSG
The racepack p/n I posted was a racepak for a BS3. They make a special cable that allows the BS3. The big key is that you don't need to run any extra cables just plug and go. The guy over @ racepack said that basically anything the BS3 monitors can be displayed in custom format on the screen.
Phil
Old 07-25-2007, 04:33 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Racepak hands down.......

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 07-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DSG
No, you can use it on anything, just need the senders.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:51 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike moore
No, you can use it on anything, just need the senders.
Mike,
What is the difference in the BS3 specific unit? Racepack said that you couldn't use a normal racepack with the BS3.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Which of these is needed with the BS3?

Ultra Dash Extreme

The Ultra Dash Extreme is available in a variety of configurations to fit the needs of many different applications.

250-DS-UDX: A display only model to provide instrumentation for new and existing V series data recorders. This model also features internal and external warning lights and a fully programmable 6 level shift light. ($625.00)

250-DS-UDXRP: This model comes standard with all the basic instrumentation needed to operate your vehicle. Standard features include engine rpm, water temperature, oil pressure and battery voltage. You can optionally add oil temperature and fuel pressure by simply purchasing the required sender. Need more sensors? The VNet port will allow you to add up to 32 additional channels for the ultimate in expandability. The UDXRP model can record up to 10 minutes of data which you can play back later on the LCD display. You can also upgrade this model to download recorded data to our DataLink PC software for complete analysis. ($825.00)

250-KT-LDX: This model offers the same features as the UDXRP, plus the additional hardware required to monitor the driveline RPM. The big difference between the two is the ability of the LDX to record the monitored functions and then download the data to a PC for data analysis using Racepak DataLink software. With a self-contained data recorder the LDX Logger Dash can be equipped with optional sensors to record up to a total of 32 channels of data. Sample rates up to 100/second, and 1 MB of memory, provides lots of recording time and sampling ability. Standard features of the LDX include shift light output (6 gear), external warning light output, internal warning indicator light, minimum/maximum recall, and a remote record/display switch. ($1449.00)

250-DS-UDXSR: A display only model for street rods and street machines. This model adds the features that are required on street driven vehicles, such as speedometer, odometer, high beam, parking brake and turn signal indicators. The dash also offers the ability to display water temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure, fuel level, battery voltage and tachometer. ($725.00)

300-DS-UDX6S: This model is intended for use on snowmobiles. Standard features include: engine rpm, jack shaft rpm, speedometer, odometer, four exhaust temperature inputs, water temperature, Ace M10 setting input. There are also warning inputs for the following items: oil level, water temperature, high beam, detonation, premium fuel. The dash has 10 minutes of recording time that you can play back on the LCD display or, optionally, download to our DataLink PC analysis software. Direct plug-in wire harness adapter will soon be available for most Polaris sleds. ($799.00)

300-DS-UDX2S: Like the UDX6S, this model is also intended for use on snowmobiles. It has the same sensor and warning inputs as the UDX6S but does not have the ability to record or play back data. It is intended as direct replacement for the standard OEM gauge set. ($679.00)
Old 07-25-2007, 05:15 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Which of these is needed with the BS3?

Ultra Dash Extreme

The Ultra Dash Extreme is available in a variety of configurations to fit the needs of many different applications.

250-DS-UDX: A display only model to provide instrumentation for new and existing V series data recorders. This model also features internal and external warning lights and a fully programmable 6 level shift light. ($625.00)

250-DS-UDXRP: This model comes standard with all the basic instrumentation needed to operate your vehicle. Standard features include engine rpm, water temperature, oil pressure and battery voltage. You can optionally add oil temperature and fuel pressure by simply purchasing the required sender. Need more sensors? The VNet port will allow you to add up to 32 additional channels for the ultimate in expandability. The UDXRP model can record up to 10 minutes of data which you can play back later on the LCD display. You can also upgrade this model to download recorded data to our DataLink PC software for complete analysis. ($825.00)

250-KT-LDX: This model offers the same features as the UDXRP, plus the additional hardware required to monitor the driveline RPM. The big difference between the two is the ability of the LDX to record the monitored functions and then download the data to a PC for data analysis using Racepak DataLink software. With a self-contained data recorder the LDX Logger Dash can be equipped with optional sensors to record up to a total of 32 channels of data. Sample rates up to 100/second, and 1 MB of memory, provides lots of recording time and sampling ability. Standard features of the LDX include shift light output (6 gear), external warning light output, internal warning indicator light, minimum/maximum recall, and a remote record/display switch. ($1449.00)

250-DS-UDXSR: A display only model for street rods and street machines. This model adds the features that are required on street driven vehicles, such as speedometer, odometer, high beam, parking brake and turn signal indicators. The dash also offers the ability to display water temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure, fuel level, battery voltage and tachometer. ($725.00)

300-DS-UDX6S: This model is intended for use on snowmobiles. Standard features include: engine rpm, jack shaft rpm, speedometer, odometer, four exhaust temperature inputs, water temperature, Ace M10 setting input. There are also warning inputs for the following items: oil level, water temperature, high beam, detonation, premium fuel. The dash has 10 minutes of recording time that you can play back on the LCD display or, optionally, download to our DataLink PC analysis software. Direct plug-in wire harness adapter will soon be available for most Polaris sleds. ($799.00)

300-DS-UDX2S: Like the UDX6S, this model is also intended for use on snowmobiles. It has the same sensor and warning inputs as the UDX6S but does not have the ability to record or play back data. It is intended as direct replacement for the standard OEM gauge set. ($679.00)
None of those... I listed the custom number in the 2-3 post.
250-DS-UDX-BS3

Last edited by Phil99vette; 07-25-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:41 PM
8 Second Club

Got to keep an eye on the forsale section.. i posted this yesterday

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/754963-racepak-ultra-dash-extreme.html
Old 07-25-2007, 07:16 PM
7 Second Club

I saw it, I was about to PM you but I saw someone had already kidnapped it.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Phil,

Thats so weird man..... i was looking at the same thing....
I added up all the gauges and was close.... worth the $200 more for the race pack is prob what your thinking too...

Now i havent ordered my BS3 yet so.....
So what do i need to tell them when i order it???
Something about a V-Net cable???
You were quoted $385 more?? was thaqt to send your unit back??
Cheaper to buy from the beginning that way??

Now saying this...
""The racepak will be able to display everything the BS3 monitors.""

Now that should be
Boost, FP, oil pressure, voltage, RPM, MPH, Temp. and Trans temp????

I guess all i would need is Back pressure and and EGT's
What needed to add each if its not covered under the base??

On a side Note Phil.....
are your going to use BS3 to control Boost???

Kyle
Old 07-25-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I know i asked a Bajillion questions but these are things that need to be answered and i know im not the only one wanting to know..

Kyle
Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

so can you add spedometer to the 250-DS-UDXRP???
Old 07-25-2007, 08:15 PM
7 Second Club

Phil,

Thats so weird man..... i was looking at the same thing....
I added up all the gauges and was close.... worth the $200 more for the race pack is prob what your thinking too...
$200 more and you don't have the hassle of wiring

Now i havent ordered my BS3 yet so.....
So what do i need to tell them when i order it???
John said to tell them to add the racepak connection

Something about a V-Net cable???
You were quoted $385 more?? was thaqt to send your unit back?
Yeah, think its the same either way but I'd have to check.

Cheaper to buy from the beginning that way??

Now saying this...
""The racepak will be able to display everything the BS3 monitors.""

Now that should be
Boost, FP, oil pressure, voltage, RPM, MPH, Temp. and Trans temp????
You've got more stuff than that.

I guess all i would need is Back pressure and and EGT's
What do you need to do to the BS3 to monitor that? I am going to load the program tonight and check it out.

What needed to add each if its not covered under the base??
John said that anything your BS3 can log or monitor can be displayed on the racepak. Racepak has a list and its pretty long and included a couple of things I didn't know you could monitor but I guess there is a sensor that will. They said if you have a VSS you can monitor vehicle speed also.

On a side Note Phil.....
are your going to use BS3 to control Boost???
No, we're going with AMS1000 and Co2. Alreay have both.

Quick Reply: Racepack vs Autometer dash