Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SFI 25.2 Mustang/LSx build "The Renegade"

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6xx cubes-interesting,My 94's were shipped today-they would fit nice on that 6xx engine
Old 01-29-2009, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
How come there is no love for me in your sig?

What do ya want it to say?????

Shawn and Phil's.... GO--Fer........LOL

I'll be back next weds.

Ill edit my sig here soon............
Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
What do ya want it to say?????

Shawn and Phil's.... GO--Fer........LOL
hahahahahaha
Old 01-30-2009, 08:24 AM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Kyle in action..
Old 01-30-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueMonza
I could see Kyle dancin around like that after a couple ( 20 ) mountain dew's.

The Ol Truffle Shuffle..... LOL
Old 01-31-2009, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Phil, what is the width of the rear end and the backspacing on your rims?

tim
Old 02-01-2009, 04:02 PM
7 Second Club

Tim,
Wheels are 15 x 10 on 6, rear end is really a custom width, I think I ordered it narrowed 1" per side than I ended up cutting more off and shortening it up.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Thank you. I am thinking of moving away from my '70 Cutlass and building a mustang instead
Old 02-01-2009, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Phil, you want a 2500hp+ block. only one way to go.........
Attached Thumbnails SFI 25.2 Mustang/LSx build "The Renegade"-img_5300.jpg   SFI 25.2 Mustang/LSx build "The Renegade"-1-31-08-05.jpg  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by defbob
Phil, you want a 2500hp+ block. only one way to go.........
prostock or promod/tf block?
Old 02-03-2009, 04:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
prostock or promod/tf block?
def not a prostock hemi
Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Aftermarket aluminum 426 Hemi Racing block. Similar to a Keith Black Block
Old 02-04-2009, 08:24 AM
7 Second Club

just get a 540 chemi motor like spiro pappas has with twin 118's *i think they are 118's*

lol
Old 02-04-2009, 03:09 PM
FormerVendor

You know, @ pg 70 of this thread, you guys started talking about budgets and talent and who does what etc.... It is just Father time. I mean, you look back at the advent of racing (from when teh second car was ever made) until today and that is all you have to do to figure out if you want to be competive, you can't do it alone. All you really need to do is lok at say TF from teh 60's, when they were racing at 2,3,4 events a week, rebuilding Top Fuel motors in Hotel parking lots on teh tailgates of truck being pulled to events on tow dollies and open car haulers. Then today with their $5 million a year budget...18 Wheelers, dedicated driver, dedicated clutch, dedicated bottom end, dedicated heads, dedicated blower...every part of that car has a dedicated person handling something. You can even look at "Outlaw" racing from Fun Ford to NMRA to NMCA etc....I was running Fun Ford back in teh EARLY 90's, 91, 92, 93 all the way up until 98. I started out in Street Stock (held the MPH record in 92 or 93, can not remember which year) which was a NA class. When I started running Nitrous, teh class was called Street 5.0. They also had a class called Outlaw 5.0 and then @ 1995 they joined the classes together and called them Street Outlaw 5.0. When I was running Street 5.0, I was getting by in running a STOCK LATE MODEL 302 2 bolt main block. This was a class that was coming close to th e9's, but 10.50's were competitive. Then the REAL HOT TICKET was the Mexican block because it had thicker main webbing (but still a 2bolt) Some of the big spenders had a Boss block from the late 60's which was a factory 4 bolt block. My point is, I was able to put the car together with a few bucks by myself and take a couple friends to the track and have some fun. A time went on, $$$$$ became a big factor in winning races...Aftermarket started making block, killer heads, Big blowers, Bigger turbos (even though back then, most were running Vortech Rtrim ) and then the Jtrim came out. No one really messed with teh turbos. They were considered taboo and for diesels. But, if you just look at teh "outlaw" class from today until just 12-15 years ago, and that is all you really have to say about how the class has evolved into big $$$$. I am NOT saying you can't do it without money, but honestly, to compete on a yearly basis, and STAY competitive, you are gonna have to come up with a sponsor, or you are just independently wealthy. You might be able to go out to a race or two and put together a killer combo and win a race or two, but a whole race season? All I can say is I wish it was 1995 all over again. Sorry for the long rant, just remembering the good old days. I like your car Phil...kick ***!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:19 PM
7 Second Club

Man I agree 100%, I wish I could be independently wealthy but I am not so we've got to do it on a shoestring budget which is going to require maximizing a basic combo and alot of luck.

Last year we did things differently and I think we're on the right track for this year. I have to admit last year I learned some key things to wrestle this car down the 1320' in the shortest amount of time.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Man I agree 100%, I wish I could be independently wealthy but I am not so we've got to do it on a shoestring budget which is going to require maximizing a basic combo and alot of luck.

Last year we did things differently and I think we're on the right track for this year. I have to admit last year I learned some key things to wrestle this car down the 1320' in the shortest amount of time.
Without a doubt!! You guys came out swinging, adn really, to do what you did, in the amount of time you did it in, you definitely need to be proud of that! About being independently wealthy, yeah, would be nice to be sure, and in no way was I insinuating that I thought you were or are (Hell I saw the garage you put that car together in ) Your garage and how your car came together looks VERY similar to mine...**** all over the place. It's funny, I hop over to a friend of mine's, and his garage is so freakn clean, you can eat off th floor. I am like, man, you spend more f'n time cleaning your garage then you do workin on your car!! After I type this post, I am actually headed out to my garage so I can make some room for my engine hoist so I can get ready to line my motor up. I am ordering my motor plate tomorrow, and hopefully will be here by Mon or Tues of next week so I can get the dummy motor in. My current goal is to be the fastest 6 speed LS car out there. Now, I know I have a Fox Body and all, but it is still gonna be a 6 speed behind a LSx. I have my 414" almost done...and I just picked up a block that I am gonna send over to RED for him to sleeve it, and.....I am hijacking your thread, sorry.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Walls of text hit you for 40 damage.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:21 PM
7 Second Club

huh ?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gen414
You know, @ pg 70 of this thread, you guys started talking about budgets and talent and who does what etc.... It is just Father time. I mean, you look back at the advent of racing (from when teh second car was ever made) until today and that is all you have to do to figure out if you want to be competive, you can't do it alone. All you really need to do is lok at say TF from teh 60's, when they were racing at 2,3,4 events a week, rebuilding Top Fuel motors in Hotel parking lots on teh tailgates of truck being pulled to events on tow dollies and open car haulers. Then today with their $5 million a year budget...18 Wheelers, dedicated driver, dedicated clutch, dedicated bottom end, dedicated heads, dedicated blower...every part of that car has a dedicated person handling something. You can even look at "Outlaw" racing from Fun Ford to NMRA to NMCA etc....I was running Fun Ford back in teh EARLY 90's, 91, 92, 93 all the way up until 98. I started out in Street Stock (held the MPH record in 92 or 93, can not remember which year) which was a NA class. When I started running Nitrous, teh class was called Street 5.0. They also had a class called Outlaw 5.0 and then @ 1995 they joined the classes together and called them Street Outlaw 5.0. When I was running Street 5.0, I was getting by in running a STOCK LATE MODEL 302 2 bolt main block. This was a class that was coming close to th e9's, but 10.50's were competitive. Then the REAL HOT TICKET was the Mexican block because it had thicker main webbing (but still a 2bolt) Some of the big spenders had a Boss block from the late 60's which was a factory 4 bolt block. My point is, I was able to put the car together with a few bucks by myself and take a couple friends to the track and have some fun. A time went on, $$$$$ became a big factor in winning races...Aftermarket started making block, killer heads, Big blowers, Bigger turbos (even though back then, most were running Vortech Rtrim ) and then the Jtrim came out. No one really messed with teh turbos. They were considered taboo and for diesels. But, if you just look at teh "outlaw" class from today until just 12-15 years ago, and that is all you really have to say about how the class has evolved into big $$$$. I am NOT saying you can't do it without money, but honestly, to compete on a yearly basis, and STAY competitive, you are gonna have to come up with a sponsor, or you are just independently wealthy. You might be able to go out to a race or two and put together a killer combo and win a race or two, but a whole race season? All I can say is I wish it was 1995 all over again. Sorry for the long rant, just remembering the good old days. I like your car Phil...kick ***!
Originally Posted by Gen414
Without a doubt!! You guys came out swinging, adn really, to do what you did, in the amount of time you did it in, you definitely need to be proud of that! About being independently wealthy, yeah, would be nice to be sure, and in no way was I insinuating that I thought you were or are (Hell I saw the garage you put that car together in ) Your garage and how your car came together looks VERY similar to mine...**** all over the place. It's funny, I hop over to a friend of mine's, and his garage is so freakn clean, you can eat off th floor. I am like, man, you spend more f'n time cleaning your garage then you do workin on your car!! After I type this post, I am actually headed out to my garage so I can make some room for my engine hoist so I can get ready to line my motor up. I am ordering my motor plate tomorrow, and hopefully will be here by Mon or Tues of next week so I can get the dummy motor in. My current goal is to be the fastest 6 speed LS car out there. Now, I know I have a Fox Body and all, but it is still gonna be a 6 speed behind a LSx. I have my 414" almost done...and I just picked up a block that I am gonna send over to RED for him to sleeve it, and.....I am hijacking your thread, sorry.
note lack of spacing.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:34 PM
7 Second Club

Oh

Quick Reply: SFI 25.2 Mustang/LSx build "The Renegade"