Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orlando Speed World Sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Orlando Speed World Sucks!!!

Today I watched a clip on Horse Power TV at Orlando Speed World, it was a disgrace. One car after another spun out or hit the rail.How the sanctioning bodies can continue to permit such horrible track prep is beyond me.

I stopped going there over two years ago for T&T, all I did was bounce off the rev limiter with MT DR's.

Pinks has done a few shows there and they were also a disaster. One guy in a 1,600 hp Vette almost hit the wall, after that he would only run 1/8 mile.

Repeated emails get no response, Are these people ******* nuts??? Raise the price from $15 to $20 to run, surely that will offset the cost of VHT.

Normally I would post this beef in the SE section, but it is so egregious, everybody needs to know about it.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:06 PM
7 Second Club

Track prep can definately vary from track to track, and Orlando has a bad rap on track prep, but there are some that have made their cars work there. Just because a car spins doesn't always mean the track is at fault.

Summer time doesn't help either, our track (Gainesville) was 125-128 degrees yesterday, and I didn't see many spinning. One guy spins and he says it sucks. I see a 10" tire 3300 lb leaf spring car go 1.43 60 foot off the transbrake dead hooking not more than 10 pairs after him in the same lane.

If you don't like the track, don't go back. I know plenty of tracks that got the hint (or getting) after attendance drops. For them to stay open they need the racers.

Derek
Old 06-08-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gainesville is where I go these days, overall the track prep is excellent. When it's best is after a big event, or like Super Chevy weekend. Bradenton also is great, just to long of a drive.

Sadly, I'd like to go to OSW on a regular basis since it's convenient for me, but not with the current lousy track prep. It may take someone getting killed before they wise up.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WE having a problem like this at a local track of ours. the first big race of the year, they had a few racers went together and payed a guy to come show the track owners how to prep it. well the next race the did NOTHING. there was a few guys making clean hits but not many. The track owner says he feels like it the racers place to have the track prep better if they want it. HE says since he paved the pits and other track upgrades we should do the rest. I sorta dissagree but also see the other side of it. BUT thats what the entry fee is for imop.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:53 PM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

yeah orlando sucks this year at the street nationals i think there were 32 cars or something wrecked. and you know what everybody bitches and everybody will still be back there next year lining carls pockets cuz it's the largest heads up race in the world. tune for the track. lots of guys go down it. we've never had a problem just a little off pace from normal.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:13 PM
7 Second Club

Hopefully the 2 races that are planned at "other tracks" around the street nats in October will pull some of the racers and someone "might" get the picture......
Old 06-09-2008, 06:23 PM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Hopefully the 2 races that are planned at "other tracks" around the street nats in October will pull some of the racers and someone "might" get the picture......
yep hoping to come get a chunk of the purse at bradenton the weekend before.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

I had no problem hooking last Sunday, but everyone including myself was getting loose about 300' out. I'm going to a bigger tire, and going to keep playing with shock settings until the car goes down the track well. I know of at least one guy from Daytona that runs single digits at Orlando on a regular old set of street radials. If he can do it, then I need to work harder with my 11 second car that makes less power.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:29 AM
FormerVendor

We've consistently shown an improvement of almost .2 tenths in the 60 ft. by going from Orlando to Bradenton, all w/ the exact same setups. I can only HOPE they get a hint, especially if the attendance at this years Street Nat's race drops due to the "other" tracks Derek is talking about.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's bad is that even if they do "get it" and prep for the street nationals , what happens the rest of the year? I for one am done with OSW until I hear through the grapevine that they've changed their attitude, and are truly interested in preping the track properly race after race.