Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars
View Poll Results: what heads should i go with?
Tea
53.97%
Tsp
46.03%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

tea or tsp?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mike c.
JEFFSTAR- SUCKS TO BE WRONG DONT IT? PAT-G said it,LG MOTORSPORTS. mine made 463hp w/12bolt and gears stock weight everything hooked up,no tricks on a mustang dyno. on a jet i should of been around 490hp. AFR's are worth the price.
The AFR 205's seem to have a slightly too large exhaust port and have to be crutched by the LG extra long tube headers, to make best N/A power. I think all of the "over 500 RWHP" AFR 205 combo's on stock shortblocks had LG headers and flycut pistons, but I could be wrong? The TFS heads are more "bolt on" friendly, meaning you can couple them with an inexpensive header and they will make great power. You can also use most any cam without flycutting.

I think you have to give Jeff his dues, I don't know of ANY individual that bolted the stuff on in his garage, tuned it himself and made almost 500 RWHP. I think all of the other "over 500 RWHP" combo's were shop cars.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Brian! I appreciate somebody pointing out that I don't have a shop car and I built it 100% by myself I'm just a guy with a passion for tinkering with cool stuff!
Old 02-14-2007, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The poll should only be for customers. It's kind of gay for someone to vote for himself.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Greg Good
The poll should only be for customers. It's kind of gay for someone to vote for himself.

Agreed, the owners shouldn't be voting for their own heads. Whichever company has more employees would win.

Customers only would be a more fair poll.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DONAIMIAN- wow....was that your best. god i hope not,it really hurt. try again.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike c.
DONAIMIAN- wow....was that your best. god i hope not,it really hurt. try again.
with your last 2 posts you make yourself look more stupid than anyone else could have

Last edited by 02NBMWS6; 02-14-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
with your last 2 posts you make yourself look more stupid than anypne else could have
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Rather disappointing run of posts Mike.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Well...wait a minute.. I made over 1,000 RWHP with a set of TSP's stage 2 heads, and one of their cams. Maybe not a stock short block..but they flowed like nobodys business.

My vote definatly goes to TSP.... mainly because i have a hard time believing all the numbers from those Trick Flow heads.... I don't know if i have seen numbers from anyones dyno beside Tooley, and Vengence, and they seem to be good friends.

Even if they do flow better, i bet they don't flow a thousand dollars better
Old 02-15-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1itldo
Well...wait a minute.. I made over 1,000 RWHP with a set of TSP's stage 2 heads, and one of their cams.
Congrats What are the track numbers(more interested in MPH for this discusion)

i have a hard time believing all the numbers from those Trick Flow heads.... I don't know if i have seen numbers from anyones dyno beside Tooley, and Vengence, and they seem to be good friends.
Why is that? Are you implying that TEA/Vengeance are inflating the numbers? .... and that b/c they have a working relationship that they are in cahoots to inflate TFS sales?

Or is it you're just ill that TEA/Vengeance have spent the R&D to offer up a product that is consistantly getting supperior results

So.... even "if" they do flow better(which they have proven to do), in return making more power up higher/longer, in your opinion that doesn't justify the higher tag for those that are building a max street/strip effort?

Kinda' like some not being able to "justify" an EWP, or light weight rotating assemblies/coatings. It' all relative to each owners needs/goals.

Is LostCauseZo6 a relative of yours?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:58 PM
FormerVendor

Well...wait a minute.. I made over 1,000 RWHP with a set of TSP's stage 2 heads, and one of their cams. Maybe not a stock short block..but they flowed like nobodys business.

My vote definatly goes to TSP.... mainly because i have a hard time believing all the numbers from those Trick Flow heads.... I don't know if i have seen numbers from anyones dyno beside Tooley, and Vengence, and they seem to be good friends.

We don't dyno cars any longer, so we haven't posted any chassis dyno numbers, so nice try on that one.

East Coast Supercharging has made over 500 RHWP, Vette Doctors (CrazeeZ06) made 498 with an LS6 INTAKE, Jeffstar made 498 doing the install and tuning himself, and Vengeance has a couple of cars doing it.

With your current combo, I would think that they would hold head gaskets $1000 worth of more money better, cause if you are using OEM castings, then it's a wonder the heads are still on the car.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
With your current combo, I would think that they would hold head gaskets $1000 worth of more money better, cause if you are using OEM castings, then it's a wonder the heads are still on the car.

I am sure you would think that, but your wrong. Or is this another one of your opinions that you insist are fact. I have had no problems with head gaskets, the heads are great. Can beat the service that comes with them either.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've personally seen the intake side of a set of TFS heads flow 335cfm @ .650 on SAM's SuperFlow SF-600, with NICE low/mid range flow. that was with TFS's 215cc cylinder head.

Last edited by ProjecT 9; 02-19-2007 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

I guess I do not exist in your reality. I'm not friends with anybody listed above but yet, I had documented every step of my build up and the dyno results.

My car isn't set up for the track and to be honest I'll probably sell it before it ever makes it there.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by roosteracer
what should i go with?
on hot summer afternoons i prefer tea. what is tsp? i think i woke up with tsp one morning after a long night of partying. btw tylenol cures tsp.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Jeffstar
Hey you mentioned a stock clutch and writing your own program with HPtuners so are you familiar with removing Torque Management with HPtuners and do you know if it could cause the clutch to slip after removal???
Old 03-14-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

Yes. All torque management is removed. My stock clutch has 20,000 miles on it and very very very little abuse (sans dyno and a few street pulls) and is still grabbing fine. Also my stock clutch is an LS6 clutch because my car is an 02. Probably why it's still in good shape. Car has never had slicks on it and never been launched at a 1/4 strip.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Teching In

no **** the tfs ls1 head is the real deal .my vote TEA
Old 03-14-2007, 07:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by greenwood
no **** the tfs ls1 head is the real deal .my vote TEA
You should make it official and vote at the top of the first page
Old 03-30-2007, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Bang for buck go with TSP, it you want a very high quality high end head then TEA.

Look at my dyno results and graph in my thread here, great top end power for a small cam and major power down low the TEA heads are awesome.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chris93266
on hot summer afternoons i prefer tea.

Quick Reply: tea or tsp?