Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Cam only Ls1 440rwhp (Vengeance + Harris Tune)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 12:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
I just thought it was hard to believe through a flowmaster catback since my friend gained 30rwhp with his cutout over his at the mid-upper 300rwhp level, but apparently its not the standard POS one. I know 440rwhp isn't a problem cam only, and I'm sure out of any shop out there you guys could pull it off just as easy as the next, and you guys obviously put out some sick combo's and I'm not doubting you guys one bit. Hopefully he backs up the dyno #'s with some badass track #'s.

I will get under the car asap and find the part number on the muffler. I was told by an exhaust guy who sells Flowmaster that it was a big block series part number.

For the love of GOD, I know it needs to run hard on Saturday!

As for the SPM heads, that article is what I am referring too. Run out to your cars and check, just finger under the spark plug hole and feel for the triangle in the pictures. Mine are the stock LS1 heads for 2002. 241 I believe. Good news is 2 out of 3 Ls1's have them. I feel sorry for the ones that dont...
Old 03-15-2007, 01:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 347fairless
I will get under the car asap and find the part number on the muffler. I was told by an exhaust guy who sells Flowmaster that it was a big block series part number.

For the love of GOD, I know it needs to run hard on Saturday!

As for the SPM heads, that article is what I am referring too. Run out to your cars and check, just finger under the spark plug hole and feel for the triangle in the pictures. Mine are the stock LS1 heads for 2002. 241 I believe. Good news is 2 out of 3 Ls1's have them. I feel sorry for the ones that dont...
An e-cutout would be better. Or the best, some true duals, but some people don't want loud as daily drivers.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:36 AM
On The Tree

Nice numbers!

I just picked up an 04' GTO ls1 swap Im putting in a 240sx and I was looking for some stuff to do to it before I installed it. Looks like I may have found some.

G/L at the track!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:49 AM
11 Second Club

I have to admit, the sound level is perfect for this car. It's louder on the outside, but relativel quiet at speed (2000rpms). Stock radio sounds fine. Get on it, and everything gets loud.

The wife is already pissed that the "gear swap" that the car just had made the car ALOT louder...lol
Old 03-15-2007, 10:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
I'm not a hater what so ever. Asking questions is far from straight up calling bullshit. You didn't answer them either. How does a stock headed, ls6 intake, bolt on car with a HORRIBLE exhaust, 4.10 gears(we know these soak up power) a 240/244 cam with poor DCR and make 380rwtq @ 3k rpms? Or 440rwhp for that matter? I could understand if this was a max-effort fully optimized combo, but its falling rather short of that don't you think? I can easily see a z06 make 435-440rwhp with a good sized cam because of the heads(ls6) and the bump in compression.

It is not our jobs here at Vengeance Racing to teach you ANYTHING. Or give you a answer to your question so YOU understand.

We are sending several more of these cams out and I am sure more people will post up and THEN WHAT??? Global Warming the Cold War what's next???

Last edited by Vengeance Racing; 03-15-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike@Vengeance
It is not our jobs here at Vengeance Racing to teach you ANYTHING. Or give you a answer to your questions so YOU understand.

We are sending several more of these cams out and I am sure more people will post up and THEN WHAT??? Global Warming the Cold War what's next.
Not exactly something I'd expect from an owner

I didn't ask you to teach me jack **** pal, I asked for a simple answer about something that isnt going to be duplicated evey time. Thanks for dancing around all the questions too, obviously you cant explain it which is what called for your "fine example" of a response. Guess there will always be those "ringers" I was just asking simple questions(for EVERYONE to understand, not just me), didnt know I was asking to be taught anything.

Last edited by lilbuddy1587; 03-15-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

It is not our jobs here at Vengeance Racing to teach you ANYTHING. Or give you a answer to your question so YOU understand.

We are sending several more of these cams out and I am sure more people will post up and THEN WHAT??? Global Warming the Cold War what's next???
Please, please, please let me buy something from you!

What an attitude, I thought a tech forum was to share info. If someone posts results and wants additional info on a Supporting Vendors product I would expect answers (as long as it doesn't jepordize their business) which this may but posts like that are uncalled for and make me want to call up a competitor and buy something from them.

347fairless good luck at the track, I'm sure you'll be happy with your setup and you've answered all the question on your setup with class!
Old 03-15-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

did you have to flycutt?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SLP4CamaroSS
did you have to flycutt?
no he didn't
Old 03-15-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

how much is the cam advanced?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

what the hell is that??? And here I was one of the people that was e-mailing Ron about ordering that cam..........was going to do that today....maybe I should re-think!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by sprayin'99ss
what the hell is that??? And here I was one of the people that was e-mailing Ron about ordering that cam..........was going to do that today....maybe I should re-think!

For the sensitive guys if you notice the it was a joke and so was the Global warming comment and Cold war comment.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

So.......how sorry are you?????

5% off all Vengance Racing cams and cam swap related products??

or my favorite

10% off all Vengance Racing cams and cam swap related products??

You could really "Vindicate" your self here!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

I am running the stock driveshaft with a better yoke at the rear? Any issues I need to be aware of at this level?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by sprayin'99ss
So.......how sorry are you?????

5% off all Vengance Racing cams and cam swap related products??

or my favorite

10% off all Vengance Racing cams and cam swap related products??

You could really "Vindicate" your self here!!!
Sorry come on guys lighten up

Seems to me you need a Vindicator. PM me and I will make it happen cheap and when not IF your car makes power you can post it up and you will be converted to the Vengeance WAY
Old 03-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry come on guys lighten up

Seems to me you need a Vindicator. PM me and I will make it happen cheap and when not IF your car makes power you can post it up and you will be converted to the Vengeance WAY

If you give me an extra 100+ hp......all is forgivin!!! You have a PM!!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Not exactly something I'd expect from an owner
What would you expect? He's just as human as the rest of us, regardless of what he owns. You've been badgering him to explain what he's already explained. A dyno has been posted, along with a complete list of all mods to the car. Even other examples with similar results. Your question has been answered, yet you keep finding reasons to question it. I remember when a posted dyno was all the proof needed. And maybe some times, but atleast let him get to the track as he stated he was doing.

What else is he supposed to explain?? How in the world is he supposed to explain EXACTLY how a gain at a certain RPM was made, other than showing a complete list of mods?

I'd bet you still wouldn't be happy if a vid was posted of a complete tear down of the car. I guess no matter what is said or done, theres always the naysayers.

Last edited by GTOpowered240sx; 03-16-2007 at 01:51 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GTOpowered240sx
What would you expect? He's just as human as the rest of us, regardless of what he owns. You've been badgering him to explain what he's already explained. A dyno has been posted, along with a complete list of all mods to the car. Even other examples with similar results. You're question has been answered, yet you keep finding reasons to question it. I remember when a posted dyno was all the proof needed. And maybe some times, but atleast let him get to the track as he stated he was doing.

What else is he supposed to explain?? How in the world is he supposed to explain EXACTLY how a gain at a certain RPM was made, other than showing a complete list of mods?

I'd bet you still wouldn't be happy if a vid was posted of a complete tear down of the car. I guess no matter what is said or done, theres always the naysayers.

Bingo!
What flavor cookie would you like?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Here comes the firestorm.

Track is cancelled this Saturday due to horrendous weather. I will be doing my best to get to the track during next week. No one is more dissapointed than me.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Cam only Ls1 440rwhp (Vengeance + Harris Tune)