Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

My cars VS 2000 Mustang and a Harley of some kind

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My cars VS 2000 Mustang and a Harley of some kind

Well my friend was interested in buying my z28, but I guess he traded his car for a 2000 m5 Mustang this week.

Has a catback and a CAI. How much should he be putting down at the wheels?

How will it fare against my basically stock 2001 z28 (mods in sig) in maybe a 0-80 run or 20-80 roll?

I was asking him if he wanted to run my Ws6 just for fun real quick, and his dad chimed in and said he'd run me on his Harley.
I know jack **** about them, I got out of him something about screaming eagle and he said about 160hp and 5-600lbs.
WS6 has around 400/400 to the wheels, how would that fare in the same type of run?

I've known him and his dad for many years, all just in good fun, no **** talking or ego bs involved, but I was thinking of maybe putting a $20 down on the Mustang. No idea about the bike.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this a joke? lol Almost any "harley" will get assfucked without lube. You should easily beat the bike with ease ease ease. Racing him is like racing idk.. a 15second car lol or slower.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Banned

You will beat the GT.
What kind of harley?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Well it is a bike, some of those Harley's can be pretty fast from a dig. Yea most of the time they will fall flat on their faces after about 70mph. I raced one just randomly on the street in my z28, closest race I've ever had. Was from about 5-75mph, neither of us gained an inch the whole way.
The sportsters are in the 12s stock. I really have no idea what kind it is though, but he does do all kinds of appearance mods to them, owns a few different models. Metal fabrication stuff, sells it too. So wouldn't be surprised if he has upped the power.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BeavermanA
Well it is a bike, some of those Harley's can be pretty fast from a dig. Yea most of the time they will fall flat on their faces after about 70mph. I raced one just randomly on the street in my z28, closest race I've ever had. Was from about 5-75mph, neither of us gained an inch the whole way.
The sportsters are in the 12s stock. I really have no idea what kind it is though, but he does do all kinds of appearance mods to them, owns a few different models. Metal fabrication stuff, sells it too. So wouldn't be surprised if he has upped the power.
You should be ok with the harley if your making 400rwhp. Some of those bikes are bad I work with a guy that has a street glide with a 103 big bore kit and its not slow lol. I had a nightster that felt slow but I had a hayabusa before that.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Mustang maybe putting down around 250whp My brother has one with more done to it and only has 260. You should beat him as long as you can drive.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Teching In

That Mustang is probably making around 230rwhp, he doesn't stand a chance.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

250rwhp out of a stock 99up gt, god we could have only prayed for that.

His car is stock exhaust and CAI don't add but maybe and I do mean maybe 5-10hp on the dyno, and that comes from exhaust CAI don't do anything. That stock gt if he has a freak will lay down 225-230rwhp. I had a factory freak with my 03gt and I layed down 237rwhp with nothing done to it. You will walk his ***.

This coming from a mustang guy.....
Old 05-06-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=prochargedpony;13290577]250rwhp out of a stock 99up gt, god we could have only prayed for that.
QUOTE]

My brothers was tuned at Straight Line. Headers, x pipe, and CAI on a mustang dyno got 263whp
Old 05-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Launching!

you will beat the bike with your t/a no problem, and you will dust the mustang with your z28
Old 05-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=ds98formula;13292208]
Originally Posted by prochargedpony
250rwhp out of a stock 99up gt, god we could have only prayed for that.
QUOTE]

My brothers was tuned at Straight Line. Headers, x pipe, and CAI on a mustang dyno got 263whp

Never saw where you said headers.... His numbers are on par, long tubes are best bolt aside from cams or 2v cars, or just pick up a used S trim for 2g's all day long.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah I never really mentioned what he had. He planes on getting a superchager next. He hates being slower then me.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

If its a regular air cooled harley, should be no prob. BUT if it's a slightly modded v-rod watch out, the one I just sold was rediculously fast.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ds98formula
Yeah I never really mentioned what he had. He planes on getting a superchager next. He hates being slower then me.
I bet he does lol. Tell him a 300$nx kit from CL can cure that lol lol
Old 05-06-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it depends on the harley. my dads fully built fxr will spank the the **** out of my car.

but his is bored/stroked, cammed, p&p'd/milled heads etc etc. and its ridiculously torquey, and if he sticks the dig theres no catching him till the big end when he runs out of steam. but in a 1/4 mile track there isn't enough length for me to run him down.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BeavermanA
Well my friend was interested in buying my z28, but I guess he traded his car for a 2000 m5 Mustang this week.

Has a catback and a CAI. How much should he be putting down at the wheels?

How will it fare against my basically stock 2001 z28 (mods in sig) in maybe a 0-80 run or 20-80 roll?

I was asking him if he wanted to run my Ws6 just for fun real quick, and his dad chimed in and said he'd run me on his Harley.
I know jack **** about them, I got out of him something about screaming eagle and he said about 160hp and 5-600lbs.
WS6 has around 400/400 to the wheels, how would that fare in the same type of run?

I've known him and his dad for many years, all just in good fun, no **** talking or ego bs involved, but I was thinking of maybe putting a $20 down on the Mustang. No idea about the bike.

#1 all harley's are slow under powered pieces of ****......
#2 modding a harley with the screaming eagle kit is the ONLY way a harley can hang with stock jap cruisers

#3 the only harley that isn't slow is the v-rod and guess what..... its not a harley..... harley went to porsche and said hey, we have been making bikes for 100 yrs and we still cant figure out how to make a v-twin fast and reliable...... so porsche can you build a bike for us if we pay you alot...... porsche said sure, and all they did was look at the jap vtwin cruisers and say hey, they are DOHC and liquid cooled...... hmm, lets just do that and boom there you go..... a reliable yet powerful engine..... and the ONLY liquid cooled harley is the porsche designed engine in the v-rod

but either way your ws6 will rape his hardly-able-to-run....... i mean harley davidson..... and run that air cooled piece of **** from a roll...... or on the highway

true story,

did you know that during bike parades and runs like "toys for tots" and other children's charities the harley's would overheat and blow their engine...... "cuz they are air cooled" and harley wouldnt replace the engine so they had alot of court cases over the years and you know what harley did to fix that??? put a temp. sensor on the bike so when the bike hits 220 degrees it shuts the engine off and will not start til until the sensor reads its at 180 degrees or less...... so if you are stuck in traffic and the bikes sitting there running getting hotter and hotter it will shut off and you have to push it off to the side of the road and sit there til it cools to 180 degrees til you can start it again......

isnt that sad..... not to mention their bikes are like 25,000 for a decent looking one and alot more for a nicer one...... you spend all this money for something that will get you stranded if you get stuck in traffic......

and dont wear shorts on a summer day, the heat from that air cooled piece of **** will melt the skin off your legs

true story

did you know harleys touring bike is a 1600cc ultra classic electra glide...... it make a whopping 56rwhp...... and the equivalent touring jap bikes make DOUBLE the rwhp

top gear roll on is very important on a touring bike..... why? cuz a touring bike is for the interstate and highways and not city driving, you will be at top gear cruising the majority of the time sometimes for several hours just cruising around

and harleys touring bike top gear roll on from 60-80 is like 11.5 seconds!!!

all the jap bikes in the same class their top gear roll on from 60-80 is like 4-5 seconds..... half the time!!!

why is this important, cuz cruising speeds on highways and interstates are between 60-80 and if you are at 60 and want to speed up to pass a car or pull around somebody to exit on the harley-able-to-run you would have to hit the brakes and let the car pass or down shift 2 gears to get that turd to move CUZ THERES NO POWER TO PULL AT FREEWAY SPEEDS..... when any of the jap bikes in the class you just need to pull back on the throttle and the power is there

true story

i sold a used harley to a harley tech, i just got it in on trade..... the bike had 28,000 miles and the harley tech was saying i had the price too high, i asked why he thought that, "im going off of book value" he said well its got 28,000 miles so the motor probably needs rebuilt...... i said really? why is that? his answer is because the bike is air cooled and the rear cylinder doesn't get any air, the front cylinder blocks it and all the air goes around the rear cylinder at highway speeds..... so over time "about 25,000 miles" the rear cylinder needs rebuilt, and while you are in their you might as well rebuild both cylinders

i said really, wow, i have had honda's and kawasaki's with 150,000 miles traded in and the engines ran like new..... he said its cuz its liquid cooled with an electric fan on the radiator..... "just like every car" that you drive

so we look at the bike again, he opens one of the saddle bags and finds a service ticket where the engine had been rebuilt at 25,000 miles..... he reads the entire ticket, gets all excited and says this engine has been rebuilt, i looked at the ticket and said it sure has..... he says sign me up and he wrote a check for it

seriously, a harley tech that works at long horn harley davidson of grand prairie tx told me that its not "required" but for the engine to run strong and last long it needs to be rebuilt every 25,000 miles....... isnt that sad? when that bike new is like 30,000 and you can get a nicer, smoother, more powerful, cooler running, longer lasting bike for half the money and it will last 200,000 miles if you keep the oil changed......

its sad when you think about it

sorry to vent so much about hardly able to runs but an old man bragging about one of those bikes...... its like a 15 second honda civic owner with the folgers coffee can exhaust bragging how quick his car is to a lsx owner

there really is no comparison
Old 05-07-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
#1 all harley's are slow under powered pieces of ****......
#2 modding a harley with the screaming eagle kit is the ONLY way a harley can hang with stock jap cruisers

#3 the only harley that isn't slow is the v-rod and guess what..... its not a harley..... harley went to porsche and said hey, we have been making bikes for 100 yrs and we still cant figure out how to make a v-twin fast and reliable...... so porsche can you build a bike for us if we pay you alot...... porsche said sure, and all they did was look at the jap vtwin cruisers and say hey, they are DOHC and liquid cooled...... hmm, lets just do that and boom there you go..... a reliable yet powerful engine..... and the ONLY liquid cooled harley is the porsche designed engine in the v-rod

but either way your ws6 will rape his hardly-able-to-run....... i mean harley davidson..... and run that air cooled piece of **** from a roll...... or on the highway

true story,

did you know that during bike parades and runs like "toys for tots" and other children's charities the harley's would overheat and blow their engine...... "cuz they are air cooled" and harley wouldnt replace the engine so they had alot of court cases over the years and you know what harley did to fix that??? put a temp. sensor on the bike so when the bike hits 220 degrees it shuts the engine off and will not start til until the sensor reads its at 180 degrees or less...... so if you are stuck in traffic and the bikes sitting there running getting hotter and hotter it will shut off and you have to push it off to the side of the road and sit there til it cools to 180 degrees til you can start it again......

isnt that sad..... not to mention their bikes are like 25,000 for a decent looking one and alot more for a nicer one...... you spend all this money for something that will get you stranded if you get stuck in traffic......

and dont wear shorts on a summer day, the heat from that air cooled piece of **** will melt the skin off your legs

true story

did you know harleys touring bike is a 1600cc ultra classic electra glide...... it make a whopping 56rwhp...... and the equivalent touring jap bikes make DOUBLE the rwhp

top gear roll on is very important on a touring bike..... why? cuz a touring bike is for the interstate and highways and not city driving, you will be at top gear cruising the majority of the time sometimes for several hours just cruising around

and harleys touring bike top gear roll on from 60-80 is like 11.5 seconds!!!

all the jap bikes in the same class their top gear roll on from 60-80 is like 4-5 seconds..... half the time!!!

why is this important, cuz cruising speeds on highways and interstates are between 60-80 and if you are at 60 and want to speed up to pass a car or pull around somebody to exit on the harley-able-to-run you would have to hit the brakes and let the car pass or down shift 2 gears to get that turd to move CUZ THERES NO POWER TO PULL AT FREEWAY SPEEDS..... when any of the jap bikes in the class you just need to pull back on the throttle and the power is there

true story

i sold a used harley to a harley tech, i just got it in on trade..... the bike had 28,000 miles and the harley tech was saying i had the price too high, i asked why he thought that, "im going off of book value" he said well its got 28,000 miles so the motor probably needs rebuilt...... i said really? why is that? his answer is because the bike is air cooled and the rear cylinder doesn't get any air, the front cylinder blocks it and all the air goes around the rear cylinder at highway speeds..... so over time "about 25,000 miles" the rear cylinder needs rebuilt, and while you are in their you might as well rebuild both cylinders

i said really, wow, i have had honda's and kawasaki's with 150,000 miles traded in and the engines ran like new..... he said its cuz its liquid cooled with an electric fan on the radiator..... "just like every car" that you drive

so we look at the bike again, he opens one of the saddle bags and finds a service ticket where the engine had been rebuilt at 25,000 miles..... he reads the entire ticket, gets all excited and says this engine has been rebuilt, i looked at the ticket and said it sure has..... he says sign me up and he wrote a check for it

seriously, a harley tech that works at long horn harley davidson of grand prairie tx told me that its not "required" but for the engine to run strong and last long it needs to be rebuilt every 25,000 miles....... isnt that sad? when that bike new is like 30,000 and you can get a nicer, smoother, more powerful, cooler running, longer lasting bike for half the money and it will last 200,000 miles if you keep the oil changed......

its sad when you think about it

sorry to vent so much about hardly able to runs but an old man bragging about one of those bikes...... its like a 15 second honda civic owner with the folgers coffee can exhaust bragging how quick his car is to a lsx owner

there really is no comparison
That's a lot of true stories man. LOL

nice sig too.

Quick Reply: My cars VS 2000 Mustang and a Harley of some kind