Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

LVD, Friday Night Street Fights

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default LVD, Friday Night Street Fights

Good news campers, not on the schedule yet , but its official, LVD will start June 9th, for periodic Fri night street fights... No imports at this time, and must have slicks or DR's, or run outside the groove. Must be 14.99 or faster. A meeting took place last night to decide this. No Time will be optional for the grudge/street racers!
Old 03-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it gonna be a just test n tune or like wednesday night with the bracket races?
Old 03-13-2006, 05:27 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That's cool.... another day to try to get out and make some runs.. I need to get some passes in before the memorial day weekend event they're having, this will only make it easier.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:44 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn! No fair, us with imports that run sub 14s/13s should have a crack at you big dogs! I can't blame them though since 99% of imports suck and drive through the water box......idiots.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by MaSTi
99% of imports suck and drive through the water box......idiots.

That is probably exactly why they are doing it, last street night I went to last year, I was smart enough to get there early and be one of the first cars to go down the track before the junk cars ruined the track prep. By my 2nd pass, the track already was covered in water, all the rubber was gone out of the groove from spinning street tires, etc.etc. They are probably designating wednesday night for those clowns.. so they don't ruin the track prep for cars that actually need it. I'm guessing that if this is the case, then they will most likly stop prepping the track on wednesday nights too... also a good idea, 17 second shitboxes wouldn't know the differnence anyway. The track will probably get prepped Friday, and then again on saturday, and again on sunday, so the racing on sunday's will have a good track to run on... good move IMO.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Launching!

Yeah I don't blame them, I just wish someone like myself with a respectable import gets lumped in with the 17s fools. They need to have a day where cars faster than 13s have a preped track.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MaSTi
Yeah I don't blame them, I just wish someone like myself with a respectable import gets lumped in with the 17s fools. They need to have a day where cars faster than 13s have a preped track.
Believe me, I'm an import guy at heart... The Z28 is the only car that I own that is domestic. Other cars I currently own: Honda Civic, Legacy GT, Scion xB and Nissan Stanza... I've owned 3 CRX's, 3 Civics, 1 Audi... etc.

Why lump all Imports together? There are plenty of FWD domestics that will do **** just as stupid.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Race your car!

I don't think they should lump all imports together.. just all FWD and AWD shitboxes... they ruin the track for others y dragging water up it.. make them all run on the same day.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I don't think they should lump all imports together.. just all FWD and AWD shitboxes... they ruin the track for others y dragging water up it.. make them all run on the same day.
There is no reason to drive through a waterbox with radials, no matter if its front, rear, or 11ty wheel drive. I see plenty good ol' RWD domestics doing it too. If they want to bar something, bar people from driving THROUGH the water box. FWD's will have to burnout after the water box, but oh well.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:16 AM
TECH Regular

Hey can I bring my snowmobile and test. Its a domestic and has a slick....

John
Old 03-16-2006, 06:38 AM
Launching!

Hell we shouldnt' even have a water box, that way no one can drag water up the track.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:04 AM
Race your car!

I'm fine with no water box, I don't need it to heat up tires. Personally, I'd like to see non drag radial tires banned period..that would solve the entire problem.

As for snowmobiles.. those should also be permanently banned from the track as well. As if grass snowmobile drags weren't hillbilly enough.. now skulls are doing that on pavement. Everytime I go I see those stupid *** things.. I don't care if they go 500 mph in the 1/4 they are and should should be banned.

Another thought.. make wednesday night "junk" night.. you have a junk car you want to run, bring it that night. After you are done on teh 1/4 mile you can go down teh return road, and pull strait into the dirt oval for a demo derby afterwards.. that would at least be fun to go watch. honda vs. snowmobile vs. SUV, all the crap that likes to waste time on the drag strip could then go beat the crap out of eachother in there.

Someone needs to get on setting that up.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

Old 03-16-2006, 01:52 PM
9 Second Club

JL... that post just made my day.... I love the dirt oval idea...
Old 03-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Race your car!

God damn I think it's a winner... it's a no lose situation! By the end of the season, all the idiots that go there and **** up the track prep would either be carless, or be drooling in a wheelchair... either way, it would make the track alot better for guys to run on that actually care, and have a clue as to what htey are doing. Probably get massive crowds of spectators for the demo drag car derby as well, I know I'd drive 3 hours EVERY god damn wednesday night to go see that
Old 03-16-2006, 02:08 PM
9 Second Club

God damn I think it's a winner... it's a no lose situation! By the end of the season, all the idiots that go there and **** up the track prep would either be carless, or be drooling in a wheelchair... either way, it would make the track alot better for guys to run on that actually care, and have a clue as to what htey are doing. Probably get massive crowds of spectators for the demo drag car derby as well, I know I'd drive 3 hours EVERY god damn wednesday night to go see that

I'd go but not to watch... I'd buy a civic and try to take some of those guys out
Old 03-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Race your car!

Hell no to the civic, I'd get a 1972 lincoln, one that was about 28 feet long, the old land yahts you used to see old peopel in all the time, and put a railroad tie on the front and back for a bumper.. and just stop in front of people LOL.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

I'm fine with no water box, I don't need it to heat up tires. Personally, I'd like to see non drag radial tires banned period..that would solve the entire problem.

As for snowmobiles.. those should also be permanently banned from the track as well. As if grass snowmobile drags weren't hillbilly enough.. now skulls are doing that on pavement. Everytime I go I see those stupid *** things.. I don't care if they go 500 mph in the 1/4 they are and should should be banned.

Another thought.. make wednesday night "junk" night.. you have a junk car you want to run, bring it that night. After you are done on teh 1/4 mile you can go down teh return road, and pull strait into the dirt oval for a demo derby afterwards.. that would at least be fun to go watch. honda vs. snowmobile vs. SUV, all the crap that likes to waste time on the drag strip could then go beat the crap out of eachother in there.

Someone needs to get on setting that up.
JL you have your opinion. Doesnt mean that its correct though.

Wait you forgot to add 4 wheelers and Jr dragsters to the Demo derby. They all take up to much time also.

Also if the track took the time to prep on Weds it could be a worth while night. It used to be before Vinnce died.
John

Last edited by Ojustracing; 03-16-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The gig is on, June 9th, rules are subject to change.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:04 AM
Race your car!

oh atv's fit right in with snowmobiles. the jr dragster's are different, that is the youth of our sport.... they are important, leave them alone.