Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

WTF, any other city this hard?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 02:05 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy WTF, any other city this hard?

|Im trying to get my license to carry, and imtold so far thatPeabody is the hardest city to get it.

im having issues with one negligent operation of a motor vehicle charge that was dropped. between that and not owning a gas station, small conviniant store or a cash busness they say i dont need one.

i want to be able to go to the range without getting my ***** busted and they wont give it to me, but they will give it to someone who owns agas station to kill someone with it

you can use it to kill, but not for a hobbie or personal protection. thats pretty gay.

any other city this hard?
Old 10-11-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mass is a total pain since its totally up to the towns police chief. When I lived in Shrewsbury, I had one for a few years, then went to renew it, and the new cheif wasn't giving out any or renewing any, to anyone at that time, no matter what.

But I live in NH now.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just renewed mine.Went to the station,shook hands with the Sergant,talked BS and we were all done

They just know you are a punk
Old 10-11-2006, 02:19 PM
8 second mod

vinny, if it wasnt such a ride, id live right over the border.
it sucks.

slowhawk, he gave it to you to protect yourself from all the gay bashing you have been getting hehe
Old 10-11-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

It varries by area, my dad whos a town over walked in walked out nearly. I on the other hand had to go through back round check and get told how i'm untrained and now a danger and shouldn't even be allowed to own a firearm by our local pd cheif, I think he was bitter my carry is nicer

That was just his views i'm clean record, not even speeding ticket he just doesn't think they should be allowed but in pa its done by sherrif and he was able to get me it no matter what the local cheif said.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:27 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
It varries by area, my dad whos a town over walked in walked out nearly. I on the other hand had to go through back round check and get told how i'm untrained and now a danger and shouldn't even be allowed to own a firearm by our local pd cheif, I think he was bitter my carry is nicer

That was just his views i'm clean record, not even speeding ticket he just doesn't think they should be allowed but in pa its done by sherrif and he was able to get me it no matter what the local cheif said.

see, i can also go to state. if my city saysno, i can go state and fight it. i have a right to bare arms. its my constitutional right, and iknow i can fight it, its just a pain in the ***
Old 10-11-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

860, where in NH to you live? Im at SNHU in manchester/hooksett
Old 10-11-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im in Sandown, which is about 1/2 way between you and NED.

Originally Posted by Dimitri-
860, where in NH to you live? Im at SNHU in manchester/hooksett
Old 10-11-2006, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk

They just know you are a punk
Old 10-11-2006, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

ha you guy's im mass have it easy you have to go through hoops in RI and you have to do to the AG's office show them training certs bla bla bla it wasn't easy.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i tried years ago , but if u were in a mental instution they wont give it to you,,,,,dam it
Old 10-11-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brad, Mass has given the total control to the local police chief, or who he designates. Mass is not a "Must Issue" state so he can say no for any reason he wants. N.Andover requires a signed letter from a Dr. saying that you are mentaly stable and wont shoot anyone, No Dr. in the world will give you that, so, He give out no LTC's This state has their head way up their *** about guns, that the Attorney General is a gun hater so no support for gunownership at the state level. You can contact G.O.A.L. gun owners action league they might be able to give you more info.
PS if you do get a LTC make sure its a Class A
Old 10-11-2006, 06:43 PM

Ct was easy.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

our chief is pretty good.. I have had mine for 13 years.. just renewed it a few months ago..
Old 10-11-2006, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Ct was easy.

you just have to follow the process

brad you NEVER say the permit is for protection, you want the permit for "All legal purposes" which covers going to and from the pistol range, hunting, etc...

go take the NRA pistol saftey course, get your certificate and have all your papers in order then go to apply for the permit
Old 10-12-2006, 07:28 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by thechef
you just have to follow the process

brad you NEVER say the permit is for protection, you want the permit for "All legal purposes" which covers going to and from the pistol range, hunting, etc...

go take the NRA pistol saftey course, get your certificate and have all your papers in order then go to apply for the permit

thats my plan. i have recipts from a few shooting outings to prove i shot a gun befor. im signed up for the safty course this coming tuesday at 5pm, and i have my forms all filled out. and a favore called in. we'll see.

i was shooting tuesday, and i used my buddies 9mm Barreta, a 40 cal and a few others.
the 9mm oh yhea, im getting one!! it was sweet. i loved it
Old 10-12-2006, 07:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BillS
Brad, Mass has given the total control to the local police chief, or who he designates. Mass is not a "Must Issue" state so he can say no for any reason he wants. N.Andover requires a signed letter from a Dr. saying that you are mentaly stable and wont shoot anyone, No Dr. in the world will give you that, so, He give out no LTC's This state has their head way up their *** about guns, that the Attorney General is a gun hater so no support for gunownership at the state level. You can contact G.O.A.L. gun owners action league they might be able to give you more info.
PS if you do get a LTC make sure its a Class A

Exactly. MA is tough man. Get the class A if you can and remember the reasoning for issue has to be something that applies generally, in other words "Any Lawfull Purpose" Otherwise you can still get a hard time about carrying if the reason is something like taget shooting or money transfer, etc.

Each town can charge what they want, and they don't have to give it to you like Bill said.

I don't know how old you are but if it's a 2nd, 3rd, + renewal they typically don't give you a hard time at all.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noyzee
thats my plan. i have recipts from a few shooting outings to prove i shot a gun befor. im signed up for the safty course this coming tuesday at 5pm, and i have my forms all filled out. and a favore called in. we'll see.

i was shooting tuesday, and i used my buddies 9mm Barreta, a 40 cal and a few others.
the 9mm oh yhea, im getting one!! it was sweet. i loved it
ya may wanna learn how to spell the gun you wanna buy lol. Beretta (just for future referance)

and see if you can get a hold of s Sig 226(?) the 9mm that the police use. i swear my BB gun has more kickback then that thing did. it was a pleasure to shoot
Old 10-12-2006, 07:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by F-Bobby
ya may wanna learn how to spell the gun you wanna buy lol. Beretta (just for future referance)

and see if you can get a hold of s Sig 226(?) the 9mm that the police use. i swear my BB gun has more kickback then that thing did. it was a pleasure to shoot
Can't go wrong with a sig. My second favorite semi auto. I beleive the 229 has interchangable 9mm and .40 barrels.

I'm a 1911 guy myself, not good for carrying but good for everything else.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:53 AM
12 Second Club

Pa is pretty easy