Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

the infamous " saturn " vs lidded ls1 ws6, and 99 bolt on cobra programmed

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 01:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the infamous " saturn " vs lidded ls1 ws6, and 99 bolt on cobra programmed

saturn vs lidded m6 ws6 45mph roll...im gonna do my best to get another video with him, because he was on the driver side, and its hard to tell. thanks to the kid who did the pull with me, he was a really cool kid, and had some nice things to say.

cobra vs saturn

bring on the excusessss...now i wanna find one with exhaust. cause a lidded ls1 should have DESTROYED ME :-/

Last edited by StAgE5rEdLiNe; 07-22-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Restricted User

Woah woah woah...Just a lid? Are you effin serious? You make me wanna puke in my mouth....I just don't understand how you wanna do a pull with a descently modded WS6, when a lidded one stayed with you? Maybe you can offer me a expliation...and how do you know he had a lid anyway? I heard from a few people it was bone stock and if it's the one I saw out tonight, the kid looked like it was his first time driving stick....I stalled in the Wawa parking lot....
Old 07-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Teching In

ahhh my good friend dave, will see how hard ya pull me when ur car gets on the road....yet another modded ws6 talking down to the saturn...how do u feel dave ? read my previous theads jerk dick,i dunno why uve been coming off so hard to me lately. i said i wanted to race a ls1 with exhaust and lid, and 3/4's of the people on this board thought i would get destroyed by a stock ls1...point being i proved my point in staying with the " ls1 " CASE CLOSED.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zero4488
Woah woah woah...Just a lid? Are you effin serious? You make me wanna puke in my mouth....I just don't understand how you wanna do a pull with a descently modded WS6, when a lidded one stayed with you? Maybe you can offer me a expliation...and how do you know he had a lid anyway? I heard from a few people it was bone stock and if it's the one I saw out tonight, the kid looked like it was his first time driving stick....I stalled in the Wawa parking lot....
trust me he could drive just fine ask ryan...
Old 07-22-2007, 01:49 AM
Restricted User

I did...and Ryan also said it was a vert...thus being substaintially heavier....so the case isn't closed...it's far from closed...cause the once again, you hung with an LS1 from a roll, keep going, I'll put money on it he pulls you pretty badd...you race from second gear, you got pulled bad from an intake and full exhaust WS6, why do you insist on trying to race LS1's, you beat the driver of the car, not the car it self. I know a kid from Tuckerton, with intake, cat-back, and SLP MAF that does 12.6. Lets see if you pull him...

Here's an idea...you complain about wheel hop and spinning, why don't you put dr's on it, get the engine mount kit, and take it back to the track and prove me wrong? Prove to me that your ION can beat a stock LS1.....
Old 07-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Teching In

ill hopefully be getting a pull in with the kid from tuckerton...so ill have that video up ASAP.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:11 AM
Restricted User

I'll talk to him as soon as I can...and we'll see what happens...I'm dropping my car off to get painted tomorrow...so it'll be back around the weekend...
Old 07-22-2007, 02:40 AM
TECH Regular

You definitely have the driver mod... very nice shifting.

You have a very quick car my friend. Ignore people like this other dude. You did more then hang with that LS1. Being neck and neck isn't hanging.

But saying that this is a Lid only LS1. A full bolton LS1 will probably put a hurten on you.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is it just me or did the video cut off just as the LS1 was about to start pulling away? Anyway, who cares!!! You have a Saturn, I don't care how fast it is!!! Why do you keep coming on a muscle car forum looking for a specifically modded car to race?? Why don't you go to a Saturn or Honda forum and bug them?? You're probably the kind of punk that drives through a muscle car show revving your fart can exhaust!!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

good races man though it looked like neither one of those guys were shifting hard. next time take it up to higher speeds.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

roll racing is and is irrevalant.... show us a timeslip.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Resident

Both of those cars would have ripped you a new one once they shifted into 4th gear (6 speed cars). Dont even get me started. Anyone who ever does highway pulls with their cars on here knows 4th is "kill" gear. I would shortshift 3rd to get into 4th and spray it to redline.

Regardless, you raced a lid'd ls1 through its weak spot and hung with it, didnt even win. I dont see the point you're trying to make with your "stage 5 redline"

How about you let that driver get a stage 5 cartek setup and see how you fair. You even have forced induction, he'd be naturally aspirated.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Booooooooooooooo!
Old 07-22-2007, 08:38 AM

Whatever anyone says, a Saturn keeping up with an LS1 (even a stock one or lid only one) is impressive in my opinion. I just haven't seen any of those cars being able hook at the track and that's the real weakness with them.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I just haven't seen any of those cars being able hook at the track and that's the real weakness with them.

That being said, show us a timeslip. Roll racing on the street... is gay and pointless.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the ls1 can nevaaaaah loooose!
Old 07-22-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by StAgE5rEdLiNe
ahhh my good friend dave, will see how hard ya pull me when ur car gets on the road....yet another modded ws6 talking down to the saturn...how do u feel dave ? read my previous theads jerk dick,i dunno why uve been coming off so hard to me lately. i said i wanted to race a ls1 with exhaust and lid, and 3/4's of the people on this board thought i would get destroyed by a stock ls1...point being i proved my point in staying with the " ls1 " CASE CLOSED.

homo
Old 07-22-2007, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

So lets see... I've seen lidded LS1's make 13.5, 13.7 at the track. So you proved a point that you can stay with basically a stock LS1 (from what I've read Air Lids on a stock engine can slow the car) But that's besides the point. You came here to prove a point not call people names and say that were scared. Jeez apparently not even the stock LS1's are scared.
Not being rude but you didn't race what you said you could hang with. I still want to see you race what you came here to race a LS1 with exhaust and lid (which with these mods a LS1 runs high 12's) and then post a video. I haven't read a post that says you would get blown away, but apparently cars that run a second faster at the track usually win and win pretty good.
If you are ever down in Delaware send me a PM cause I wouldn't mind the race and I don't care about wins or loses.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol. IS that an ION?! Dude calm down there. dont go racing people with that little toy car. Your lower control arm bushings fall out under normal driving conditions. I'd be scared to be next to that thing when racing. It might fall apart.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by F-Bobby
lol. IS that an ION?! Dude calm down there. dont go racing people with that little toy car. Your lower control arm bushings fall out under normal driving conditions. I'd be scared to be next to that thing when racing. It might fall apart.
toy car huh ? u realize u drive one of the ugliest looking vechicles ive ever seen lol. keep ur ugly comments to ur self :-\