Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

new florida speeding law.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new florida speeding law.

i read a new speeding law goes into effect oct.1. it says if you get caught speeding 30mph. over the posted speed limit you must go in front of the judge they will no longer issue a citation payable by mail. anyone read this?
Old 09-24-2006, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

No, but I will look into it tomorrow at work. I work for a rather large law firm and I can find out! That totally sucks if that's the case Gotta love Florida!
Old 09-24-2006, 10:13 PM
FormerVendor

Saw it on the news this week. Same thing I heard.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea arrest the misdemeanor and let go the felon.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

:
Originally Posted by SOMWS62001
Yea arrest the misdemeanor and let go the felon.
and they complain the courthouses are over crowded as it is
Old 09-24-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

oh man thats really going to suck, i catch myself occasionally going 30 over the limit.
-Joel
Old 09-24-2006, 10:35 PM
12 Second Club

u still pay the tix lawyers and ur good to go
Old 09-25-2006, 06:18 AM
On The Tree

if you're going that fast over the posted limit, you deserve to be arrested. Maybe it will make all the idiots think about it a little
Old 09-25-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

uhhh ok grandma
Old 09-25-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

I drive like a grandma when I'm off the track so it won't affect me much. Still sucks though...
Old 09-25-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01-6spdZ
if you're going that fast over the posted limit, you deserve to be arrested. Maybe it will make all the idiots think about it a little
Deserve to be arrested? You've NEVER once done 30 over on the street in your lifetime?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

Damn that sucks. But it might make it better cuz traffic lawyers are good. I had one when I was living in NC get a ticket for 98mph in a 50 changed into 72 in a 70 paid like $250 to the lawyer and $100 fine/court cost. I have no clue how the **** it worked but I was happy to pay.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listen guys, not one of us here can possibly say we have never gone 30 over the limit, forget doing it in the ls-1.
The point that I would like to make is that, having kids changes your perspective ALOT. I don't know how many here are parents and can relate.
But if I kill myself, then I get to miss out on my kids growing up, not to mention that I feel I owe it to them to be there so they can have the best life possible. There are some things in life that we can control and some we can't. I can control how fast I drive and thus lessen the chances of getting hurt or killed.
I can't control how others drive.
When I see others drive like a-holes I get real angry because I feel like they are playing with my life or that of my children.
So if someone gets caught going over 30 mph the speed limit and they have to explain to the judge why, then it may lessen the chances that people will speed.

BTW I don't think this new law means that you will get arrested. It would just mean that you have to go in front of the judge and explain why.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 30thanniv
Listen guys, not one of us here can possibly say we have never gone 30 over the limit, forget doing it in the ls-1.
The point that I would like to make is that, having kids changes your perspective ALOT. I don't know how many here are parents and can relate.
But if I kill myself, then I get to miss out on my kids growing up, not to mention that I feel I owe it to them to be there so they can have the best life possible. There are some things in life that we can control and some we can't. I can control how fast I drive and thus lessen the chances of getting hurt or killed.
When I see others drive like a-holes I get real angry because I feel like they are playing with my life or that of my children.
So if someone gets caught going over 30 mph the speed limit and they have to explain to the judge why, then it may lessen the chances that people will speed.

BTW I don't think this new law means that you will get arrested. It would just mean that you have to go in front of the judge and explain why.
it does seem as we get older we have much more to lose. sometimes when i think back of all the close calls i had when i was younger it freaks me out!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000WS6Vert
Deserve to be arrested? You've NEVER once done 30 over on the street in your lifetime?
I never said that. Its called growing up. 30thanniv said it right. Now if its late out on the interstate, or in the country with no traffic, sure i will open it up once in a while. But theres alot more in life I cherrish a hell of alot more than going fast on the street
Old 09-25-2006, 05:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess you better tell that to the germans, the autobohn has less accidents per mile than US highways. But I guess its ok for someone to run a redlight killing a family, and get less of a ticket than doing 30mph over and not hurting anyone. Or the cell phone soccer mom whos weaving all over the road not paying attention with her little kids in the back seats.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was on my way home from work doing the speed limit. This huge truck is merging off the highway a he did use his turning light so i change lanes and im in the far right lane know were else to go.

He is still coming over and over and just inchs from getting hit i gun it to get out of there.

Speeding is a cause for an accidents but a dumb A$$ like that should get a court hearing to if he would have hit me. That might make him payation.

Last edited by SOMWS62001; 09-25-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

wow that sucks!
and i speed all the time.. i know its a bad but i cant help it ... i have no self control. good thing i got a bike... atleast i can still get away
Old 09-25-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speeddemon why don't you tell me what the statistics is on fatalities associated with high speeds on the autobahn.
I guess it is not speed that kills you, it is the sudden stop that does. Physics bro...
If you want to talk about whats morally right I will agree with you there. Sometimes the punishment doesn't seem to fit the crime, errrr I mean traffic violation.
But if we go that route then why should a pot smoking POS athlete like Ricky Williams makes millions of dollars when our kids teachers barely make 60-70k a year.
No I am not a teacher.
As far as the German fatalities statistics go, I will assume you did some research and are correct. But it just serves to show you how many shitty drivers there are in the US.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speeddemon why don't you tell me what the statistics is on fatalities associated with high speeds on the autobahn.
I guess it is not speed that kills you, it is the sudden stop that does. Physics bro...
If you want to talk about whats morally right I will agree with you there. Sometimes the punishment doesn't seem to fit the crime, errrr I mean traffic violation.
But if we go that route then why should a pot smoking POS athlete like Ricky Williams makes millions of dollars when our kids teachers barely make 60-70k a year.
No I am not a teacher.
As far as the German fatalities statistics go, I will assume you did some research and are correct. But it just serves to show you how many shitty drivers there are in the US.

Speed does kill, dumbass drivers kill.

Quick Reply: new florida speeding law.