Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Just moved to Palm Harbor some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just moved to Palm Harbor some questions...

Just moved here from KC, Mo and wondering where the closest track is from the Palm Harbor area?

Hey Gator aka John Don't know if you remember me, black Formula(Raven13 on the Mo board) and used to be friends with Mark and Lacy You still in Tampa????

Anyways, thanks for any info
Old 04-15-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

Closest track is Sunshine Speedway - 1/8th
Bradenton Motorsports Park is the closest 1/4

Welcome to Palm Harbor!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome! i think you will like it here in the tampa bay area.

i am still in tampa (technically riverview but same thing)

yup i was good friends with mark and lacy untill the shop "debacle" - then they kinda fell off the face of the earth.

like 2002 said, BMP is the closest 1/4 mile (and if you like drag racing, you will LOVE that track). nothing like KCIR. this place HOOKS. sunshine is closer to you but is only 1/8th mile.

what brought you here?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
welcome! i think you will like it here in the tampa bay area.

i am still in tampa (technically riverview but same thing)

yup i was good friends with mark and lacy untill the shop "debacle" - then they kinda fell off the face of the earth.

like 2002 said, BMP is the closest 1/4 mile (and if you like drag racing, you will LOVE that track). nothing like KCIR. this place HOOKS. sunshine is closer to you but is only 1/8th mile.

what brought you here?
Tired of the crappy Mo weather, and have family here. Drove the bird down from KC and was an awesome drive! No probs and no tickets.

Looking forward getting back in to racing soon as I'm settled in Never ran 1/8 mile before, but heck if it's close, I'll give it a shot! Been reading a lot about Bradenton so def want to check that out sometime.

Seeing a lot of stangs here in Palm Harbor! Hopefully will run in to 2002Black SS somewhere
Old 04-15-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out www.need2speed.com for local racing. its a group of mostly local florida peoples that love to meet up at BMP. lots of mustangs and fbodies
Old 04-15-2007, 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

There's a few of us around. There's a car show at the Wendy's on 19 just north of Nebraska every Friday night, though I haven't been recently due to work. My car's a daily driver, though, so you'll probably see me around some. Where in Palm Harbor (it's actually got 3 zip codes)? I'm right around the corner of Belcher and Curlew.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002BlackSS
There's a few of us around. There's a car show at the Wendy's on 19 just north of Nebraska every Friday night, though I haven't been recently due to work. My car's a daily driver, though, so you'll probably see me around some. Where in Palm Harbor (it's actually got 3 zip codes)? I'm right around the corner of Belcher and Curlew.
so ur the reason i needed slashs in my name????
Old 04-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Teching In

well at least there is 4th gens in the area... there are no third gens like me around unless there are beaters...I was wondering what tracks are around since Im droppin an LS1 in it soon, and my 305 5.0 is a joke of a motor...I go down to palm harbor every once in a while so maybe ill see you guys around...

All the 4th gens I see are stupid kids just driving around and have ricer mufflers on a camaro....
Old 04-17-2007, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
so ur the reason i needed slashs in my name????
Yep!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sickcuban
well at least there is 4th gens in the area... there are no third gens like me around unless there are beaters...I was wondering what tracks are around since Im droppin an LS1 in it soon, and my 305 5.0 is a joke of a motor...I go down to palm harbor every once in a while so maybe ill see you guys around...

All the 4th gens I see are stupid kids just driving around and have ricer mufflers on a camaro....
There's a few 3rds around. Maybe one day I'll get another. I really liked my old one (the LSX swap would be fun).
Old 04-18-2007, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

Need2speed.com is the place for domestic cars. Most of the guys are from the Tampa area and always have something going on. There is still room for the track event in a few weeks, where you can run your car, meet a bunch of members and see what's going on. Lot's of fast cars, seems like a 40-50 street cars in the 10's everytime they have a track rental.

Quick Reply: Just moved to Palm Harbor some questions...