Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

apprenticeships in florida???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008 | 01:22 PM
Launching!

Default apprenticeships in florida???

does anybody know of any. i would be looking for something the tampa/orlando area. since florida doesnt have a union im not really sure where to look. thanks for any info.

matt
Old 05-09-2008 | 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

for what industry?
Old 05-09-2008 | 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Florida does have a limited presence of various Union trades , but they're around . What type of trade are you interested in or have experience in ? If you're already in a Union somewhere else they could help with who to contact also .
Old 05-10-2008 | 11:24 AM
Launching!

im actually open to anything really. the thing is im getting out of the military next week. so i was loking for something that i could walk in to with out much experience and learn a new trade i really dont want to go to school. unless its going to be a trade school. im not really interested in all the basic courses you have to take i just want to learn something and be able to grow from there.

in the military i worked on planes. which i could do again as long as im not around the jet fuel b/c thats actually why im getting out. i became allergic to the fuel and they are medical dischagring me. happy about about getting out just not sure what im going to do and i really dont want to work a dead end job. so i firgured the best thing would be to try and get an apprenticeship and learn something i could do forever. plus while im doing that the VA will be paying on top of what ever the company is paying. so its a win win.

i am interested in doing fire sprinkler systems or maybe something with electricity. im not really sure though. im motivated to pretty much anything as long as its not going to lead to a dead end and the i have to start over again.

i do have something set up doing fire spriklers if i move to vegas but im sure if i want to move back there. i have a friend out there that said i could get on with the union doing that with him. he is a formen and makes 39 bucks an hour. ofcourse i wouldnt start out at that but i would start out at 18 dollars an hour which isnt so bad. but i would like to stay in the tampa area or atleast close.
Old 05-11-2008 | 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Do like I did. I sent my resume to over 175 companies. I was able to choose between 1/2 dozen or so compnaies I wanted interview ... out of about 30 of them who responded.
Old 05-11-2008 | 03:02 PM
Launching!

We have a pretty decent Fire Alarm/ Spirinkler company here in jax. The sprinkler fitters are union and the fire alarm isn't. Either way it's a good company.
I'm not sure what they have down there for elevators but there are also a few elevator unions here in jax as well
Old 05-11-2008 | 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is a UA Pipefitter union based in Tampa area . You're not going to get as much money as you would out west but they do pay well . Aircraft used to be great but it seems as if air travel could become significantly more expensive thus limiting the total number of travellers and flights . I do a variety of metal fabrication and there is also the Ironworker Union in Orlando and another Pipefitter Union in Daytona and I know the IBEW (electricians) are around here somewhere .
Old 05-11-2008 | 08:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by v8pwr
There is a UA Pipefitter union based in Tampa area . You're not going to get as much money as you would out west but they do pay well . Aircraft used to be great but it seems as if air travel could become significantly more expensive thus limiting the total number of travellers and flights . I do a variety of metal fabrication and there is also the Ironworker Union in Orlando and another Pipefitter Union in Daytona and I know the IBEW (electricians) are around here somewhere .
yeah i found the pipefitter union in tampa do you happen to know how much they pay? i was trying to find out but couldnt find anything.

thanks for the info
Old 05-12-2008 | 04:57 AM
TECH Addict

Did a quick Yahoo! search on apprenticeship "florida unions" ... just search and there's information out there.

1 - 6 of about 8 for apprenticeship" florida unions" (About this page) - 1.07 sec. | SearchScanBETA On

WEB RESULTS
  1. UA Local 295 Daytona Beach, Florida

UA Local Union 295: Daytona Beach, Florida. United Association plumbers, pipefitters, and air conditioning tradesmen with union apprenticeship training school
    ua295.org - Cached
  2. Labor Blog: September 2004 Archives

... and practical skill needed to enter building trades apprenticeship programs. ... give away money to Hispanic organizations in the battleground state of Florida. ...
    www.nathannewman.org/laborblog/archive/2004_09.shtml - 152k - Cached
  3. Florida Historical Quarterly

These pages may be freely searched and displayed. ... Florida's unions, radicalism, and labor politics have been damned to the ...
    fulltext10.fcla.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=fhq;cc=fhq;rgn=main;view=... - 297k
  4. Job Discussion [Archive] - Page 7 - HVAC-Talk: Heating, Air ...

Florida Unions. Sheet Metal Workers Union? salary for non union mechanics. asheville nc ... Ontario Refrigeration Apprenticeship. Duct Cleaning ? ...
    hvac-talk.com/vbb/archive/index.php?f-7-p-7.html
  5. Best Trowel Trades - e-larus.info

... fl, fla, "Fort Lauderdale", "Florida unions", "Ft. Lauderdale unions", "Miami ... Training Association provides Apprenticeship Training for Bricklayer (Mason) ...
    e-larus.info/trowel-trades.html
  6. Job Discussion - Page 13 - HVAC-Talk: Heating, Air & Refrigeration ...

Florida Unions. nedberger. 05-05-2007 09:51 PM. by nedberger. 0. 126. quit my job yesterday ... APPRENTICESHIP-Orlando,FL. cms73v. 04-25-2007 11:54 AM. by ...
    www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=7&page=13&order=desc - 115k
Old 05-12-2008 | 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

PM me for details we need qualified applicants for IBEW electrical apprenticeship
Old 05-12-2008 | 03:53 PM
Launching!

^^^^ pmed you

Quick Reply: apprenticeships in florida???