Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

TVS 2300 on built LS3 with stroker crank - Any ideas on how much boost we'll see?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
lol. "Muhammed jihad!! Ahhh dirka dirka dirka".
Dude, WTF? what grade are you in anyway?
Old 04-10-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
That's really not very funny. Bob
not a fan of South Park or Team America, are you?
Old 04-10-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Floader
Dude, WTF? what grade are you in anyway?
Dude, WTF you so worked up for? Jesus, talk about being overly sensitive. In addition to completely missing the "Team America" reference, i see people are taking offense to something harmless. I would ask what the big deal is, but i really dont care, so lets just forget it.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
Dude, WTF you so worked up for? Jesus, talk about being overly sensitive. In addition to completely missing the "Team America" reference, i see people are taking offense to something harmless. I would ask what the big deal is, but i really dont care, so lets just forget it.
I dont' think your avatar is helping much...
Old 04-10-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

oh my bad. i forgot to be PC
Old 04-11-2009, 05:02 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: We may be finishing this Hummer up by installed an ATI ProCharger, either with an F-1A or an F-1C. The dyno graph below is from a Cadillac CTS-V we built, which was a very similar build using the same EPP Blower Camshaft grind. If we get this kind of performance and torque from the Hummer, and I don't see why we won't, then we'll have a very quick Hummer. Bob

Old 04-11-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bob, atleast if u put the procharger on u dont have to wait weeks for the blower to show up , probably have one laying around at the shop already.U already know what combos work and they are dead reliable , i say go for it.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i thought that was the TVS Torque/boost curve... i was going to say you need to send it back to mangusson because something is seriously wrong with the supercharger.

Then i realized it was the procharger.. makes sense now
Old 04-11-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

pm me some info on the hummer (price,millage,and all the good stuff) i might have a customer that may want it
Old 04-11-2009, 07:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DanO
i thought that was the TVS Torque/boost curve... i was going to say you need to send it back to mangusson because something is seriously wrong with the supercharger.

Then i realized it was the procharger.. makes sense now
No if it was a TVS it would have never made near that power lol.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:41 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by hellbents10
No if it was a TVS it would have never made near that power lol.
You remind me of a little boy that just likes to stir the pot. If Bob's customer had the time, it would have made the power. Its ******** like you that make this industry not so fun.

The power has been made time and time again.....Just because YOU cant make it does not mean others cant. If you focused as much time trying to work with people as you did pushing them away you might just be successful.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Shouldn't a 416 cid engine going through a 4L80e make more thank 384tq/399hp to the wheels Naturally Aspirated? That size engine should be making more power than that N/A without the SC anyways, no?
Old 04-11-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Shouldn't a 416 cid engine going through a 4L80e make more thank 384tq/399hp to the wheels Naturally Aspirated? That size engine should be making more power than that N/A without the SC anyways, no?

I think that it would if it were built for a NA build and also you have to factor in the drivetrain loss which is going to be considerably more than a Camaro.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:00 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by gold87TBI
pm me some info on the hummer (price,millage,and all the good stuff) i might have a customer that may want it
Will do when I get the info together for you. Thanks. Bob
Old 04-12-2009, 07:02 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98turbls1
I think that it would if it were built for a NA build and also you have to factor in the drivetrain loss which is going to be considerably more than a Camaro.
No doubt, we lowered the compression ratio and it has a slightly looser torque converter, plus a lot of drivetrain loss plus the large heavy tires. Bob
Old 04-12-2009, 11:04 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
You remind me of a little boy that just likes to stir the pot. If Bob's customer had the time, it would have made the power. Its ******** like you that make this industry not so fun.

The power has been made time and time again.....Just because YOU cant make it does not mean others cant. If you focused as much time trying to work with people as you did pushing them away you might just be successful.
I lead people to you every week for systems. Time and time again I say how well they work. Just for the right application not 1000hp cars/trucks.

You are probably right about me being a jerk to you, but I will contest the rest of your statement.

You try to say that a 2300 would have made 800whp through that setup with spinning the blower as fast as it can go and I will call BS. I know it can make 950 on a engine at that would make 750 w/o it at 15psi. It will not back that up on a 450hp engine like that Procharger.

Saying I cant do it huh, well I tuned a 950hp n/a big block a couple days ago. Should I have put a TVS on it at 15psi to make 1150 or a F3 at 15psi and make 1850?
Old 04-12-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BlownChevy

I'm lost. Who's TVS2300 has made 809RWHP and how many have done it if it is time and time again? If you are pissed at TJ's comments then prove him wrong before you go calling him a little boy who likes to stir the pot. You say the power has been made time and time again. Where are the 809RWHP Magnacharger customers? If it's time and time again it's been done, there should be many examples. I don't mean in house testing or Duttweiler's. You like to be quick to jump on others, prove them wrong...

As for this build, I was curious why it made less power on 4psi that it should have made without the blower. Why was it ran with such a large blower pulley? Why were the ports on the lower manifold left and installed like that? Other than try to make Magnacharger look bad I'm not sure what the plan was.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:00 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by zippy
I'm lost. Who's TVS2300 has made 809RWHP and how many have done it if it is time and time again? If you are pissed at TJ's comments then prove him wrong before you go calling him a little boy who likes to stir the pot. You say the power has been made time and time again. Where are the 809RWHP Magnacharger customers? If it's time and time again it's been done, there should be many examples. I don't mean in house testing or Duttweiler's. You like to be quick to jump on others, prove them wrong...

As for this build, I was curious why it made less power on 4psi that it should have made without the blower. Why was it ran with such a large blower pulley? Why were the ports on the lower manifold left and installed like that? Other than try to make Magnacharger look bad I'm not sure what the plan was.
There is a 200+ mph dry lake car that has done it, there is about 10 different trucks that have done it in Dubai, there are several people running 800+ HP at the wheels in Mexico, and the owner of Magnuson has an 850 rwhp 57 chevy with a 402 in it. Do these people all need to come to the forums and wave their ***** around? NO.....its a bigger world out there than LS1TECH..... just look past the tip of your nose.

As per your comment on how the supercharger was set up, when the original customer called to order the blower it was speced wrong by one of our sales staff that was unclear on how this needed to be done. It did not make us look bad at all, however YOU and TJ continue to attempt to smear the product and our name. Why what is YOUR problem with us?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Veteran

You see, now that's a better answer. Just saying it's been done in this business doesn't get it done. If you want to see what others are thinking than it's the same thing of seeing past the tip of your nose. This post has over 3800 views. That's not just from us. Post up some proof that you (Magnacharger) has made the number. All these customers at over 800RWHP and no dyno sheets, pictures, timeslips? As of Sema there was only the one or two TVS2300's in Magnachargers system according to talk from the Magnacharger display. Now here it is April and there are 10 plus in Dubai, many in Mexico, the salt flat car, and Jerry's all making over 800RWHP. Recently there was alot of talk of the first one's being out there in general. They spread around fast I guess and get finished fast.

As for this post, take TJ and I out of it and tell me where this post doesn't make Magnacharger look bad. They took a TVS2300 out of the box and bolted it on. 4psi and less than 400RWHP later they needed another blower which Magnacharger couldn't provide in a timely matter. I also don't see one post where I slandered the Magnacharger company. I stayed out of that whole thing. I did however take offense when you took shots at TJ for what he'd said when there is still nothing to back your end. Back up what you're saying if you're going to take shots at someone. That's my whole point. You take shots at me all the time for s**t and your only backing is that you're right and I'm wrong with nothing to back it. Bob at Exotic posted his 800+RWHP dyno sheet, where's yours?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

im sorry, i dont agree with the magna charger poo flinging. Now before anyone claims i am swining on blown chevy's nuts, let me point out that i have recieved at least 2 vacations (temp bannings) from here and LS1GTO because of arguing with him and telling him i think he is a dick. So i would say i am not biased.

However, to doubt the TVS system is silly. I see no reason why this system wouldnt spank some *** and put down sweet numbers. There are people with high 600's and 700 rwhp with the older 122's. So you are telling me that with a larger, better blower design no one can hit 800rwhp?? I doubt it. And as far as the "F the maggie, use a procharger" mentality, i completely disagree. If i was building a track car, then yes i would likely go with a procharger. However, for a street car, i would much, much rather the instant ***** out torque of a + displacement blower. I would love a TVS on my car.

Seems to me this is an occasion where due to a miscommunication there was a mistake on the system's setup and the needs, and people are using this as a chance to poopoo the TVS. Like this is the norm as opposed to the exception.

Quick Reply: TVS 2300 on built LS3 with stroker crank - Any ideas on how much boost we'll see?