Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Calling out APS

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009 | 02:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Sorry, the GT 35 bolt on turbo has just been killed off from management.

Peter
Probably just as well, a Garrett BB turbo is very tempting but I don't think I or anybody else could bring themselves to send more money down under.
Old 08-25-2009 | 05:00 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
Probably just as well, a Garrett BB turbo is very tempting but I don't think I or anybody else could bring themselves to send more money down under.
Fair enough.............good luck with your project, see ya,

Peter
Old 08-25-2009 | 06:17 AM
TECH Junkie

This is becoming pure mockery...
Old 08-25-2009 | 06:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Just for the guys that are interested, it is possible for APS to produce bolt on Garrett GT 35 based ball bearing turbochargers with a 1.06 A/R turbine housing.

Cheers,

Peter

Hmmm...
Old 08-25-2009 | 06:23 AM
12 Second Club

WOW, Peter you'd be better off not representing APS anymore. Your one ignorant SOB. First you dance around every question asked & then once you do finally offer to possibly do something to make this right you wanna charge for it? IMHO APS should be replacing everyones turbos free of cost & eating the ****** shipping back overseas. Flat out you guys sold cheap **** turbos & crossed your fingers they wouldn't fail. Now that they have no one wants to make it right unless you can **** a customer outta a couple more thousand dollars.

This whole situation is beyond pathetic & the way in which APS is handling the problems is so far past unprofessional its not even funny anymore. I can believe a few people on here are talkin like they would actually still send you money for something. That IMO is ****** retarded.
Old 08-25-2009 | 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
WOW, Peter you'd be better off not representing APS anymore. Your one ignorant SOB. First you dance around every question asked & then once you do finally offer to possibly do something to make this right you wanna charge for it? IMHO APS should be replacing everyones turbos free of cost & eating the ****** shipping back overseas. Flat out you guys sold cheap **** turbos & crossed your fingers they wouldn't fail. Now that they have no one wants to make it right unless you can **** a customer outta a couple more thousand dollars.

This whole situation is beyond pathetic & the way in which APS is handling the problems is so far past unprofessional its not even funny anymore. I can believe a few people on here are talkin like they would actually still send you money for something. That IMO is ****** retarded.
what is even funnier is that Peter plays it off like he just works there and how management decides what going to get made when he is the owner.

this is Incon all over again.....just a rewrapped version
Old 08-25-2009 | 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

If ANYBODY buy's ANYTHING from APS from this point on they are crazy!
This world is full of dirtbags but after reading this thread I think I have found the kings.
Old 08-25-2009 | 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DaGreightOne
No no no... I called Forced Inductions to check on getting the turbos upgraded...
Let us know what they say if you talk to them today.
Old 08-25-2009 | 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
Let us know what they say if you talk to them today.
+1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
Old 08-25-2009 | 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a few questions on these proclaimed "dead" turbo's.

Has anyone taken them to a shop and had a report done? Does anyone have any proof that maybe it was user error or not installed correct? Or APS manf might had a issue. There things that play a major role in a turbo and that is seals and tolarences other then that its cake. I dont hear of casting cracking so thats not the issue.

These turbo's can be rebuilt for about $300.00 total depending on what they need. I had 2 GenTTR turbo's that needed to be rebuilt and Jose @ Forced Inductions located the seals and everything for me. So I am sure he can help alot of you out.

Before anyone points the finger at APS or others I would like to see what Forced Inductions or other turbo rebuilders has to say about the turbo's. What failed, How it Failed and Why it Failed. I am sure Jose is aware of the issue and might even look at one for free just someone call get a report before throwing all this "He Screwed us" attuide.

Last edited by 1INSANEGTO; 08-25-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-25-2009 | 09:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO

Has anyone taken them to a shop and had a report done? Does anyone have any proof that maybe it was user error or not installed correct?

These turbo's can be rebuilt for about $300.00 total depending on what they need. I had 2 GenTTR turbo's that needed to be rebuilt and Jose @ Forced Inductions located the seals and everything for me. So I am sure he can help alot of you out.

Before anyone points the finger at APS or others I would like to see what Forced Inductions or other turbo rebuilders has to say about the turbo's. What failed, How it Failed and Why it Failed.
Go read some of the threads posted before asking such a ill-knowledged question man. These turbos have been opended up & discovered to not only not be the true MIT 20 turbos advertised but they also have issues with coolant & oil passages inside the turbo itself. There is no way customer install is causing these issues.
Old 08-25-2009 | 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

And I cant believe Peter tried to start a new thread & offer different turbos but no price break on them considering the documented problems with the kit provided turbos on top of not even being the turbo advertised in the kit.

So let me get this straight:

1) you fucked everyone already
2) if someone wants you to look at their **** turbo which you already know is **** they have to eat total shipping cost to/from APS (which is total bullshit)
3) you refuse to offer a return special for the **** turbos you sold to replace them with the newer turbos, instead you want full price so you can bend some people over even further

So basically your offering NO solution to the current problem other than taking more peoples money that you already screwed. I'd like to know why in the **** you still have a sponsor title after all this. your **** should have already been yanked & you should be on limited forum activity so the only thing you can do is post in this thread.

APS is a joke of a company & I hope they go completely outta business & get shafted with a ton of overstock. they deserve no better.
Old 08-25-2009 | 09:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaGreightOne
I still think that your first Camaro was sicker.... The rolling burnout at the airport is the reason that I bought my turbo kit and the reason that I'm building a street/strip twin turbo truck now... And yes I'm on the verge of a divorce and bankruptcy because of you... I just hope my children will be able to get into a community college because I have spent their college fund lol...
Don't put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!
Old 08-25-2009 | 09:23 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,241 Likes on 792 Posts

Sorry, the GT 35 bolt on turbo has just been killed off from management.

Peter
I thought you own the company?
Old 08-25-2009 | 09:33 AM

Has anyone taken them to a shop and had a report done? Does anyone have any proof that maybe it was user error or not installed correct? Or APS manf might had a issue. There things that play a major role in a turbo and that is seals and tolarences other then that its cake. I dont hear of casting cracking so thats not the issue.

Before anyone points the finger at APS or others I would like to see what Forced Inductions or other turbo rebuilders has to say about the turbo's. What failed, How it Failed and Why it Failed. I am sure Jose is aware of the issue and might even look at one for free just someone call get a report before throwing all this "He Screwed us" attuide.
Shipped 2 APS turbos from a GTO kit to Forced Inductions on Monday. I will post up any info i get as soon as i get it.
Old 08-25-2009 | 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

Has anyone taken them to a shop and had a report done? Does anyone have any proof that maybe it was user error or not installed correct?
I sent both of mine to LG Dec '08 and EPP installed them Dec '07. I don't remember what Louis said, but I only recently asked for them back, so they were probably useless.
Old 08-25-2009 | 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah he walked to the bathroom and asked himself (peter = management = owner) if he thought he could get more money
out the saps who bought his kit and said no I don't think they will be stupid enough to buy from me again.

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I thought you own the company?
Old 08-25-2009 | 11:21 AM
Coal Mining Director

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC5O9NFWZCs

APS is your frienddddddd.
Old 08-25-2009 | 11:24 AM
10 Second Club

Wow, what an unbelievable thread! I don't own a turbo, but IF I did I would buy it from Geroge at TTi. He always takes care of his cutomers!

Which is why I bought my F1 from EPP. Bob & his crew have always been there for me.

APS needs to take a note from Moser about cust service. I remember when I had an issue with my M9 hitting the factory tank. They redesigned it & sent me a brand new housing with shipping paid BOTH ways.

I wish you guys luck getting this issue resolved!
Old 08-25-2009 | 11:41 AM
On The Tree

I'd estimate around 1500 USD per GT 35 ball bearing turbocharger including new end housings.

Peter
Done!!! Sounds good to me... I see that you are no longer offering it for the f body but I expect mine asap because you didn't say anything about not offering it for the GTO... I'm holding my breath...

Quick Reply: Calling out APS